marty ball

nuklz2594

has marty ever been seriously interviewed for the bills job? i have said it a 1000 times, he would be perfect to turn this thing around. his playoff record is awful granted, but at least he would have the team prepared and competitive. run the ball. have fitz manage the game. play defense. just look at the 49ers. marty may not be the sexy pick, but he can build and manage a team. chan is running a junior varsity program. feels like the bills are at the kiddie table at thanksgiving dinner.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has marty ever been seriously interviewed for the bills job? i have said it a 1000 times, he would be perfect to turn this thing around. his playoff record is awful granted, but at least he would have the team prepared and competitive. run the ball. have fitz manage the game. play defense. just look at the 49ers. marty may not be the sexy pick, but he can build and manage a team. chan is running a junior varsity program. feels like the bills are at the kiddie table at thanksgiving dinner.

I really wanted Marty for the job, but Boss Hogg hired Cooter instead. I would love to have Marty as the Bills HC. While Marty gets bashed for his playoff record, he has never had the longevity with a team like Cowher did. Cowher is considered a great coach because he won a Superbowl, but it took him almost 15 years to do it.

I really wanted Marty for the job, but Boss Hogg hired Cooter instead. I would love to have Marty as the Bills HC. While Marty gets bashed for his playoff record, he has never had the longevity with a team like Cowher did. Cowher is considered a great coach because he won a Superbowl, but it took him almost 15 years to do it.

Overall,

Cowher is (w/l) 149-90 in the regular season, 12-9 in the playoffs, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win

Chokenheimer is 200-126 in the regular season, 5 - 13 in the playoffs, 0 SB appearances.

But you are right. Cowher did not win the SB until his 15th year.

After 26 years, Marty never made it to the SB.

As for longevity, Marty was the HC for the Browns 9 years and HC of the Chiefs for 10 years.

His playoff record in Cleveland was 2-4, and in KC it was 3-7.

Cowher made it to the SB in his 4th year.

Overall,

Cowher is (w/l) 149-90 in the regular season, 12-9 in the playoffs, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win

Chokenheimer is 200-126 in the regular season, 5 - 13 in the playoffs, 0 SB appearances.

As for longevity, Marty was the HC for the Browns 9 years and HC of the Chiefs for 10 years.

At this point, anyone of us would take Marty's playoff record, especially after how bad the Bills have sucked over the last 12 years.

Overall,

http://www.thebiglea...mbles-and-fate/

Marty is the unluckiest coach ever.

When was the last time the Browns or Chiefs were good for more than one season btw?

Kudos to Cowher for Carson Palmer breaking his leg and the worst officiating in SB history though (never thought the Bills-Skins would be topped in that department but it was).

Edited by BuffOrange

Running the ball, yes. Run to set up the pass.

Marty-ball, no. The problem with Marty is that much like Chan, he refused to adapt to changing conditions on the field. He'd just keep plugging away regardless of effectiveness. That only gets you so far.

Marty was my pick but Fitz still has to go (well back up)

You guys forget that Buddy Nix was in conversations with Marty S for the Buffalo Bills HCing job and when he approached the owner Mr Ralph Wilson about hiring Marty, Wilson stated he didn't (and I quote) "feel comfortable" with having Marty as his HC.

Lets not also forget that Jauron let it be known that he was constantly on the phone to Ralph Wilson during the season, as much as 3 hours a day. Considering how much time a HC needs to put into his team it really must take away so much from a HC when he is micromanaged by phone for that much time each day.

He is like 70 years old for christ sake.

who really shivs a git how old he is if he can get this team to a winning record!!!

Besides, he would fit right in next to 70 something Buddy Nix and 90 something Ralph Wilson

Lets not also forget that Jauron let it be known that he was constantly on the phone to Ralph Wilson during the season, as much as 3 hours a day.

To be fair to DJ, 2 hours and 55 minutes of that was Ralph saying "HUH??", "WHAT?", "WHO'S HE?", and "COME AGAIN?"

Yeah, Chan was definately the more sexy pick over Marty!

The owner is the problem. he wiull only hire people he "knows". So we get tweedledum and tweedledummer.

Schottenheimer would have made a great coach. Ralph wasn'r comfortable with a winner. So we have a joke of an organization.

No winner til Ralph "leaves". Then we have a different set of problems.

Until we get a young up and comer that will actually accept the job. We are forced to hire retreads and has beens. Shotty would have been the same as Gailey/Wannastache. Over the hill, past their prime coaches. More importantly they seem to not grasp the huge changes in the NFL game that has occurred. Quarterbacks reign supreme in this league. We don't even have a competent back up for our back up starter! Worse yet, they think they can be cute and gimmick around the new NFL landscape. Does anyone really think Gailey or Wannastache would be in their respective positions ANYWHERE else in the league?

The league figured Gailey out by last mid-season. Does he adjust? No. So when he opens the 2012 season with the same crap, with the same crap players. (this is for you Fitz, and anyone not wearing #13). Rex must have crapped his drawers,he had to be saying this is going to be way easier than we expected. The game proved it. Rex went into soft coverage at the 2nd half kickoff. He was that confident. If nothing changes wait until Bellicheat* sees us on the field. It will be a slaughter.

We need a new head coach period. This guy is at the bottom of his limited bag of tricks. We have improved the roster enough that a competent coaching staff after getting rid of several starters could make the team winners. No tear down and rebuild needed. Just a coach willing to gamble on a historically bad franchise. Harbarugh made a smart decision not coming here. It would have destroyed him. But man look what he has done with the 49ers. Amazing how a young coach can figure it out so quickly.

I wanted Marty for the job the first time around and I'd love to see him come in here now.

So did I. The kind of play you saw on the field Sunday would never happen with Shotty running the team. It would be a run first to set up the pass with a dominating defense type of team. Every Bills fans dream of a team.

Think of how badly Marty wants redemption for being fired after a 14-2 season!

BTW, how did move that work out for good old AJ Smith? 11-5, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 8-8 a first round exit for Norv Turner after a 13-3 season, sounds familiar. Getting rid of Drew Brees for Phillip Rivers paid off also, huh? Norv Turner took a team with the best talent in the NFL and brought them to 8-8

So did I. The kind of play you saw on the field Sunday would never happen with Shotty running the team. It would be a run first to set up the pass with a dominating defense type of team. Every Bills fans dream of a team.

Think of how badly Marty wants redemption for being fired after a 14-2 season!

BTW, how did move that work out for good old AJ Smith? 11-5, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 8-8 a first round exit for Norv Turner after a 13-3 season, sounds familiar. Getting rid of Drew Brees for Phillip Rivers paid off also, huh? Norv Turner took a team with the best talent in the NFL and brought them to 8-8

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You nailed it right on the head. The Chargers have been getting progressively worse since Marty was fired.

Getting rid of Drew Brees for Phillip Rivers paid off also, huh?

Brees was a FA rehabbing a serious injury to his throwing shoulder. Nobody knew for certain how well Brees would rehab.

Hell, even the Dolphins medical staff said no.

Running the ball, yes. Run to set up the pass.

Marty-ball, no. The problem with Marty is that much like Chan, he refused to adapt to changing conditions on the field. He'd just keep plugging away regardless of effectiveness. That only gets you so far.

And if you had Ladanian Tomlinson you would not run the ball???