Best place to watch bills in DC

stevestojan

Yes I bought Sunday Ticket but at least for opening week I want to go waste too much money, drink too much beer, and yell at the TV too loudly with a group of bills fans.

I went to grand central last weekend in Adams Morgan with their "You're in Bills Country" flag waving above the door and bills stuff all throughout the bar.

But I've heard Mcfaddens downtown might be a better option.

Thoughts?

Yes I bought Sunday Ticket but at least for opening week I want to go waste too much money, drink too much beer, and yell at the TV too loudly with a group of bills fans.

I went to grand central last weekend in Adams Morgan with their "You're in Bills Country" flag waving above the door and bills stuff all throughout the bar.

But I've heard Mcfaddens downtown might be a better option.

Thoughts?

It's been almost ten years, but McFadden's was a great gameday experience.

Thanks guys but I can probably delete this thread as there's a bar called laughing man that MY WIFE FOUND!!! that is the bills backers bar who when I called and asked if they'll have the bills game on they said "we won't have any other games on but the bills. Every TV."

Thanks guys but I can probably delete this thread as there's a bar called laughing man that MY WIFE FOUND!!! that is the bills backers bar who when I called and asked if they'll have the bills game on they said "we won't have any other games on but the bills. Every TV."

That looks like a great place to hang out.

i do not live in the area, but have heard of a place called grevey's that shows the bills game. it is owned by former NBA'er kevin grevey. another place is jimmy's old time grill in herndon va.. it is owned by a guy from batavia, been there, incredible buffalo bar atomosphere.

Edited by dwight in philly

Great. Now I have to find a new bar.

Jimmy's Old Time is GREAT if you're outside the city and don't want to haul in. The owner is from B-lo and is a great guy. They annually do a huge cookout in the alley (it's not sketchy) right by the restaurant and usually get a decent alumnus there. I think last year was Andre Reed.

If you're in DC, definitely go to Laughing Man. Right off of Metro Center. Literally a block. They ship in cases of Labatt Blue Light for the game and a bucket of five is $13. It's ridic. Get there early if you want a seat. The place is packed and a great atmosphere. Every TV downstairs is on the Bills game and mostly all of them upstairs as well. So much better than McFaddens, which was a tough place to get to and not the best viewing area.

There's also the bar 51st State, which bills itself as a NY sports bar (even though they play the Giants/Jets game, but whatever). I've never been but have heard good things if you want a more low-key place where you can get a seat.

Yeah I'll be at Laughing Man with a few hundres Bills' Backers. The DC Bills backers moved from mcFaddens to laughing Man two years ago.

The T-Shirt this year is sick. So bring $15 and support the DC chapter and get yourself a sweet T-shirt.

(My brother designed it but none the less its a sick logo)

DC Bills Backers are on facebook too.

I'll be there by noon if you get there later you'll be two deep on the bar. Its gonna be Butts to Nuts in that place.

Yeah I'll be at Laughing Man with a few hundres Bills' Backers. The DC Bills backers moved from mcFaddens to laughing Man two years ago.

The T-Shirt this year is sick. So bring $15 and support the DC chapter and get yourself a sweet T-shirt.

(My brother designed it but none the less its a sick logo)

DC Bills Backers are on facebook too.

I'll be there by noon if you get there later you'll be two deep on the bar. Its gonna be Butts to Nuts in that place.

We went tonight. We will be there at 11.

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon is a great place to watch Bills games. They have Beef on weck, Sahlen hot dogs, webers mustard & molson & labatt's. Get there early before the place fills up.

No one from DC wants to drive to freaking Herndon, though. Same was the problem with Grevey's. It might as well be WV instead of VA.