70 1/2 point favored FSU

Hazed and Amuzed

the team they were playing lost 84-0 last week. Starters were pulled entirely in the first quarter and OK ST still put up 84 and pitched a shut out.

forget how demoralizing its got to be for the players. at some point the gap in ability has to become dangerous, no? especially in consecutive weeks like this.

Edited by NoSaint

the team they were playing lost 84-0 last week. Starters were pulled entirely in the first quarter and OK ST still put up 84 and pitched a shut out.

forget how demoralizing its got to be for the players. at some point the gap in ability has to become dangerous, no? especially in consecutive weeks like this.

There is an article in Yahoo I believe that states that Savannah has to play these teams to get the payouts which basically bank rolls their whole Athletic Department. Kind of a sad situation & totally unfair to the players but I could see the logic in this.

& before anybody starts giving it to Ramius for Florida State taking on 2 weeks in a row a Division 2 opponent, they were actually supposed to play West Virginia this week @ Doak but WV backed out which left FSU scrambling to fill the schedule. My guess was WV realized they got a chance to make a run at the BCS Championship this year and did not see the beenefits of going down to FSU in week 2 & see those chances go up in smoke before they even get into Big 12 play.

OBTW, Oklahoma State was favored in that game by 67 1/2.

I hope Savannah State enjoys these 2 big paychecks.

Edited by Mark Vader

OBTW, Oklahoma State was favored in that game by 67 1/2.

I hope Savannah State enjoys these 2 big paychecks.

While its cool to get a chance to play a big boy team..... It feels like they are selling these kids well being for a quick buck.

Once is atleast cool for the guys to say they ran out in front of 100k and played the best... But twice in 7 days.... Ouch.

While its cool to get a chance to play a big boy team..... It feels like they are selling these kids well being for a quick buck.

Once is atleast cool for the guys to say they ran out in front of 100k and played the best... But twice in 7 days.... Ouch.

I'd estimate its demoralizing in the short run and a neat story to tell your kids in the long run.

Not worth watching (its not even on TV here). No one gets much enjoyment out of these games. At some point, it's gotta get dangerous for the Savannah St kids. They're going to get physically dominated.

And yes i like us to cover the 70.5. Murray st is one of the better Div 1-AA teams, and Savannah st is one of the worst. We beat Murray St last week 69-3, while running the ball the majority of the game. Ran for 6 or 7 rushing TDs i believe. We'll do the same this week after the starters exercise their legs in the 1st quarter. Savannah St probably won't score, so it's a matter of how many times we put the ball in the endzone. You can't take a knee all second half, and they do wanna work out our 2nd and 3rd string QBs, so i see a 77-0 or 84-0 final.

Edited by Ramius

Starters pulled in the 1st quarter after a 35-0 lead with FSU outgaining them 240 to -22. Currently in a lightning delay with 4 mins left in the half and up 48-0.

It's been raining and nasty all day here so i'd be shocked if there are anything more than a few hundred fans left in the second half.

EDIT: Crazy stuff here. I guess because of the weather and score, they announced that the second half will be played with a running clock. I've never seen that in Div I football. Guess we won't be covering the spread. This is gonna piss a lot of bettors off.

Edited by Ramius

Local guys said that for betting purposes, the game had to play at least 55 mins. So it sounds like all bets will be cancelled.

I like the savannah st coach's style tho. His solution was to declare the game a 0-0 tie. :lol: Needless to say, no one went for that.