Seems pretty quiet around here

5 Wide

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets suck. We should beat them, but we probably wont. I dont think anyone is going to go crazy over who wins this one. Most intelligent Bills fans will say.."that's nice, now go win 10 more so we can make the playoffs."

Sorry, maybe I'm too jaded now. The regular season has become an exersize in futility for much too long. A ton of wasted Sunday afternoons and absolutely nothing in return. Most games have hardly been entertaining on route to the loss. Nothing short of a playoff berth will stoke my enthusiasm for this team. I dont care if they go 9-0 to start. If they finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs, then what did those nine wins do for us other than waste a lot of time? Lots of better things to do on Fall Sundays. If they make the playoffs, I'll stop what I'm doing and watch and cheer. Otherwise...a big yawn for the regular season until the Bills can prove that they have a bonafide team.

It won't take 5 games! This board, along with all Bills fans enthusiasm will explode should they beat the Jets on Sunday. The higher the Bills score the more enthusiastic everyone will be.

Conversely, should the Bills lose badly...you can expect a fleet of WWWWAmbulances to converge on two Bills drive.

It won't take 5 games! This board, along with all Bills fans enthusiasm will explode should they beat the Jets on Sunday. The higher the Bills score the more enthusiastic everyone will be.

Conversely, should the Bills lose badly...you can expect a fleet of WWWWAmbulances to converge on two Bills drive.

The Jets suck. We should beat them, but we probably wont. I dont think anyone is going to go crazy over who wins this one. Most intelligent Bills fans will say.."that's nice, now go win 10 more so we can make the playoffs."

Sorry, maybe I'm too jaded now. The regular season has become an exersize in futility for much too long. A ton of wasted Sunday afternoons and absolutely nothing in return. Most games have hardly been entertaining on route to the loss. Nothing short of a playoff berth will stoke my enthusiasm for this team. I dont care if they go 9-0 to start. If they finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs, then what did those nine wins do for us other than waste a lot of time? Lots of better things to do on Fall Sundays. If they make the playoffs, I'll stop what I'm doing and watch and cheer. Otherwise...a big yawn for the regular season until the Bills can prove that they have a bonafide team.

Why are you even going to watch if you've already decided to be miserable regardless of the outcome?

Traffic on this site seems down in the whole. Is another message board taking over?

A lot of veteran 'Wallers appear to be posting less or have boogied altogether.

It's the Justin Bieber-iztion of football talk in general and TSW postings in particular...

I'm loud and proud. I have my bet in for the Jets to cover and I already know how I'm spending my winnings.

woo hoo

Close game in the first half and then the Bills lie down and it's over. Rinse and repeat. Same thing we've seen for over a decade. Nothing's really changed this year. We're using a backup QB as our starter, we have no Oline and therfore no rush, and we have an average D.

I suppose this could be one of those years where we rattle off five early wins and then go 6-10 for the year. I truly feel for BUF sports fans this year. No Bills team (again) and a likely hockey lockout. Time to plan for that big indoor renovation project. You'll have the time and money this winter.

Hey thanks for taking time out of your day to come and post on some other teams board. Theres a term for that.

There is reason for all kinds of optimism. Even of you must wait for them to show it and even then you wont be comfortable crowd. Jesus we have had so much change this year and for the better.

Maybe you should skip this year and take care of raking the leaves cause no matter what happens theer will be no pleasing you so go, go bet on the jets, the pats or whoever is your lock. But dont come back next year when we have done what you ask or not.

Edited by beerme1

Please re-read my post. IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, I'LL WATCH. I dont watch regular season anymore unless I have money down on the game. Look, I know it's a downer and I dont have answers to all of the Bills woes. We have a great fan base and a lousy team.

Maybe if we had even ONE playoff game in the last 10+ years I wouldn't have this attuitude. But this team is like the Lions used to be. BTW, nobody's running me off the board because I'm realisitc about chances. You want to live the dream, go for it. I want a winning team (this year and every year). I just dont see where all of the optimism is coming from.

The team made some improvements in some areas but are still totally overmatched in others. You listen to every single NFL pundit and they'll tell you this league is about the QB. Fitz is in the lower half of QBs and he's far from elite. Just that one fact alone should have people seriously reconsidering their optimism. When it comes to the Bills...plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Why are you even going to watch if you've already decided to be miserable regardless of the outcome?

Hey tardo. I'm 52 and saw games at the Rockpile. I'm more of a die-hard lifelong Bills fan than you can ever hope to be. The team sux and has for countless years. Get over yourself fan boy.

Hey thanks for taking time out of your day to come and post on some other teams board. Theres a term for that.

Please re-read my post. IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, I'LL WATCH. I dont watch regular season anymore unless I have money down on the game. Look, I know it's a downer and I dont have answers to all of the Bills woes. We have a great fan base and a lousy team.

Maybe if we had even ONE playoff game in the last 10+ years I wouldn't have this attuitude. But this team is like the Lions used to be. BTW, nobody's running me off the board because I'm realisitc about chances. You want to live the dream, go for it. I want a winning team (this year and every year). I just dont see where all of the optimism is coming from.

The team made some improvements in some areas but are still totally overmatched in others. You listen to every single NFL pundit and they'll tell you this league is about the QB. Fitz is in the lower half of QBs and he's far from elite. Just that one fact alone should have people seriously reconsidering their optimism. When it comes to the Bills...plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Hey tardo. I'm 52 and saw games at the Rockpile. I'm more of a die-hard lifelong Bills fan than you can ever hope to be. The team sux and has for countless years. Get over yourself fan boy.

So what. I'm 46 and if I'm a fan boy so be it. I would hate not to invest in MY team when they are on the cusp of becoming good again after having suffered for so long. If you cant see improvements well, no point talking to you. And in the playoffs which by the way most pundits also have us making despite it being a qb league you will bet against them because they haven't won a meaningful game since you were a kid. Now get off my lawn and out of my cheerios.

You're so die hard you're refusing to watch them and crying about a season that actually has some promise and hasn't even started yet. Yet you come to this message board to piss all over people who are excited. Just because your miserable doesn't mean everyone else needs to be or they're look aid drinking fan boys. Get over yourself captain miserable. Besides, what kind of 52 year calls someone a "tardo"?

Edited by biglukes

At the risk of infringing on DC Tom's trademark -- you're an idiot.

No "die-hard" stops watching the team play. You're the complete opposite of that -- you're an admitted bandwagon-jumper.

I don't give a crap either way; you're welcome to hop aboard the train when the Bills are back in the playoffs...but don't insult our collective intelligence with your ridiculous blathering about how much of a fan you are.

I also have been waiting for this sunday for a long time. We have gone thru so much over the last 11 years. We hope it's time. Time for Weehawk to stop bothering us also. He should be on a waer board and off ours. I don't post alot but have loved our Bills since their beginning. It's time to rock and roll. Go Bills!

It's like being a kid around Christmas time at that age when youre starting to question if Santa is real or not. We're just praying that we don't wake up, after all this hope and wonder, and find out that Santa was indeed Ryan Fitzpatrick all along.