Replacement Refs Sucked Last Night

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see alot more picks sunday. We will see alot more holding sunday. We will see those not called sunday. Networks can not be negative about refs. It's a no no with the NFL. Broadcasters get graded by the NFL and they have to be nice. Sad but true. Go Bills.

I have never heard of this and would love to have a source so I can read more about it.

If this crew was supposedly the best one they could put out there for the national stage, end the bloody lockout now! There were more than a few instances of blatant holding and pass interference that were not called. It worries me that our passing attack is based so much on timing with our receivers, but if the DBs know that they can get away with murder (which I'm sure Rob is telling Rex) our offense will be stymied. And our defense is based around a supposedly great 4-man pass rush, but the O-line can hold all day long and get maybe one penalty.

Just needed to vent, this lockout crap year after years is :censored: !

Not sure what game you watched but the refs did fine, had no effect on the game. Only questionable call the entire game was a borderlne hold against Cruz, and a game doesn't go by with the regular officials that there isn't AT LEAST one questionable call just as bad.

I thought more about this topic last night...

It's awfully easy to sit on your couch and have the mistakes of the referees pointed out to you by an announcer. You get the benefit of multiple replays in slow motion and then declare that they are incompetent. Have any of you that are bashing the refs ever actually tried to ref a game? It is an extremely difficult task that involves split second decision making with extremely large and fast moving parts. Sitting on your couch and having replay after replay of course magnifies flaws but in real time it usually isn't so heinous.

I agree that the refs didn't do a good job on the first regular season game. They missed some PI & obvious holding calls - HOWEVER I don't feel that they did any worse than any of the regular refs.

Some of the reffing during the Presason games was really bad - especially the lack of interference & PI calls on our opponents

Mike Pereira, former NFL director of officials said of the Giants-Cowboys game, "One game doesn't make a week, but it was definitely a good start."

This guy's allegiance is clearly with the locked-out refs but even he conceded the replacements did well. And Pereira would know.

I agree that the refs didn't do a good job on the first regular season game. They missed some PI & obvious holding calls - HOWEVER I don't feel that they did any worse than any of the regular refs.

Some of the reffing during the Presason games was really bad - especially the lack of interference & PI calls on our opponents

If you go outside the missed calls against the bills that upset you, I believe calls we're actually generally more frequent around the league

Mike Pereira, former NFL director of officials said of the Giants-Cowboys game, "One game doesn't make a week, but it was definitely a good start."

This guy's allegiance is clearly with the locked-out refs but even he conceded the replacements did well. And Pereira would know.

He's been beyond critical. This is a MAJOR statement about the first game being high quality.

I thought the no TD on I believe it was Holmes was one hell of an amazing call. I mean that second foot came down like maybe mill-seconds later. That was one of the closest calls I've ever seen that the ref's were totally correct on. The easy call would be to rule it a TD and was so close not sure it would have been over ruled.

Refs fine today in two games I'm watching. Striking refs may want to stfu and get back to work.

Yup; they've been pretty spot on during the Bills' debacle. Certainly as good as the regulars.

Edited by KD in CT