A 9 MINUTE DRIVE BY PIT SCRUBS!!

LabattBlue

The Bills are down by 9 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.  Pittsburgh has 2nd & 3rd stringers in.  How the hell did they control the ball for 9 minutes?  Talk about embarrassing! :(

188570[/snapback]

Well, on the 4th and 1 play where the Pitt QB ran a bootleg, nobody bothered to call holding by Pitt #89 on Clements, who would've made the tackle for a change of possession. Immediately thereafter, Williams gets a 15-yard face mask against him.

Dude had Clements by the shoulder pads, and nobody called it. I fuggin lost it at that point!!!!

I know it should've never come to that, but it was clearly holding on a crucial play. Just another way we get screwed by the fuggin refs.

Gaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

Well, on the 4th and 1 play where the Pitt QB ran a bootleg, nobody bothered to call holding by Pitt #89 on Clements, who would've made the tackle for a change of possession.  Immediately thereafter, Williams gets a 15-yard face mask against him.

Dude had Clements by the shoulder pads, and nobody called it.  I fuggin lost it at that point!!!!

I know it should've never come to that, but it was clearly holding on a crucial play.  Just another way we get screwed by the fuggin refs.

Gaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

188668[/snapback]

I noticed that too, but it should have never come to that. They should have been coming with one run blitz after another. There is no way Brian freakin' St. Pierre was going to beat you with his arm.

The Bills are down by 9 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.  Pittsburgh has 2nd & 3rd stringers in.  How the hell did they control the ball for 9 minutes?  Talk about embarrassing! :(

188570[/snapback]

c'mon, labatt...you're not toting the company line. it's never the defense's fault with this team.

of course today, it was a combination of offense, defense, and ST that lost it. the loss was a total team effort. there were a couple of guys out there (takeo, clements, phat pat, mcgahee) who looked like they wanted to win. the rest of them were sleepwalking. even moorman had a crappy day.

I noticed that too, but it should have never come to that.  They should have been coming with one run blitz after another.  There is no way Brian freakin' St. Pierre was going to beat you with his arm.

188715[/snapback]

Ryan Denney had no clue who had the ball. He ran right past the QB.

of course today, it was a combination of offense, defense, and ST that lost it.  the loss was a total team effort.

188720[/snapback]

No...Bledsoe and Lindell cost us the game. Defense allows only 1 TD and scores one. Bledsoe handed the game to the Steelers with that fumble.

PTR

No...Bledsoe and Lindell cost us the game.  Defense allows only 1 TD and scores one.  Bledsoe handed the game to the Steelers with that fumble.

PTR

188743[/snapback]

you're just wrong. a top flight defense doesn't allow a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers to run the ball down its' throat when it MUST get the ball back. bledsoe and lindell were awful -- nobody is arguing that point. but you can't let the defense off the hook.

don't want to give too much credit for what might have been a no-brainer for football experts but to go for it on 4th down was a brilliant call by cowher, he had nothing at all to lose, yet he kept the bills from closing a closeable gap.

The Bills are down by 9 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.  Pittsburgh has 2nd & 3rd stringers in.  How the hell did they control the ball for 9 minutes?  Talk about embarrassing! 0:)

188570[/snapback]

c'mon, labatt...you're not toting the company line.  it's never the defense's fault with this team.

of course today, it was a combination of offense, defense, and ST that lost it.  the loss was a total team effort.

188720[/snapback]

No. The fault of the loss can be linked only to the offence. The D played well and actually scored points. They also held pitt to field goals when put in difficult positions by both Drew and the special teams. So really, the argument can be made that without them, we would have been out of it early. Lets talk about what happened in the three quarters previous to that last long drive. Talk about a qb that continualy holds onto the ball too long and coughs it up when hit. How many times does this (*^*&%^$^#have to pull this crap before everyone realizes? Anyone remember the first Patriot game? The ahole did the same thing. But oh yeah, its not Drews fault, thats our sh------- OLine right? Well if our line is so bad the statue should have clued in long ago and adapted. Drew has a couple very talented recievers and a better than average running game so its not like he doesnt have support. Problem is he blows and he was at least 50pct responsible for this loss.

you're just wrong.  a top flight defense doesn't allow a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers to run the ball down its' throat when it MUST get the ball back.  bledsoe and lindell were awful -- nobody is arguing that point.  but you can't let the defense off the hook.

188761[/snapback]

Totally agree. I didn't see Sam Adams make a play until there were about 4 minutes left. How about Spikes, how many times was his name called? Was it because the DT's were letting Pitt's OL get out on the backers?

Of all the things that went wrong today, I'm most disappointed by the play of the Defense which got out-muscled by the Steeler's OL.

No. The fault of the loss can be linked only to the offence. The D played well and actually scored points. They also held pitt to field goals when put in difficult positions by both Drew and the special teams. So really, the argument can be made that without them, we would have been out of it early. Lets talk about what happened in the three quarters previous to that last long drive. Talk about a qb that continualy holds onto the ball too long and coughs it up when hit.  How many times does this (*^*&%^$^#have to pull this crap before everyone realizes? Anyone remember the first Patriot game? The ahole did the same thing. But oh yeah, its not Drews fault, thats our sh------- OLine right? Well if our line is so bad the statue should have clued in long ago and adapted.  Drew has a couple very talented recievers and a better than average running game so its not like he doesnt have support. Problem is he blows and he was at least 50pct responsible for this loss.

188816[/snapback]

9 minute drive given up against 2nd and 3rd stringers, when the Bills needed a 3 and out. No excuses....none!

9 minute drive given up against 2nd and 3rd stringers, when the Bills needed a 3 and out.  No excuses....none!

188825[/snapback]

The crap play to hand Pitt 7 by Drew and then a nine minute 4th quarter ball controll drive by Pitt were the final nails after being set up by an 86 yard drive in which we got nothing.......That killed the mo completely, to which we didn't recover. Those were the game deciding keys.

Ryan Denney had no clue who had the ball. He ran right past the QB.

188727[/snapback]

Oh man that was sooooo bad. He NEVER even looked. The QB was already tackled for a first down before he realized the guy had the ball... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

don't want to give too much credit for what might have been a no-brainer for football experts but to go for it on 4th down was  a brilliant call by cowher, he had nothing at all to lose, yet he kept the bills from closing a closeable gap.

188812[/snapback]

That right there tells you that he felt the Bills could get back in it.

Plenty of blame to go around but the most important were the missed field goal by Lindell. That was a huge momentum breaker for the Bills. Then the final killer was the ever so familiar play in which Drew gets hit, fumbles the ball, and the other teams turns it into 7 points. I thought Eric had another bad outing but I hope he stays next year for less money but he could be gone. Who was on Lee Evans? He was kept in check most of the game. The guy who carried the offense was Mcgahee. I can just imagine what the season would have been like without him. The defense played well in the first half but caved in the second but why? I don't know but maybe they got sick of giving Drew the ball and watching him do nothing possitive. If you were on that defense would you be po'd? Still, we have a good team and coach their are just some changes that need to be made

Watched the game with a friend who's a Steelers fan - before that posession started he half jokingly told me that the Steelers would run the clock out on this drive. :doh:

For the most part I'm happy with our defense but drives like that where they cannot get off the field just kill me. An upper echelon defense does not allow a nine minute drive to a team with their third string QB and RB in. Brian f'in St. Pierre!!! The worst part is the Bills had to know they were going to run the whole posession and they still couldn't stop it. I don't believe in the "psychological let down" from the missed FG - just step up and make the play needed.

Possesions like this and the fourth quarter end of game drives by the Jets (1st game) and the Jaguars show why this defense is not dominant like the Wade era defenses.

Watched the game with a friend who's a Steelers fan - before that posession started he half jokingly told me that the Steelers would run the clock out on this drive. :doh:

For the most part I'm happy with our defense but drives like that where they cannot get off the field just kill me.  An upper echelon defense does not allow a nine minute drive to a team with their third string QB and RB in. Brian f'in St. Pierre!!! The worst part is the Bills had to know they were going to run the whole posession and they still couldn't stop it. I don't believe in the "psychological let down" from the missed FG - just step up and make the play needed.

Possesions like this and the fourth quarter end of game drives by the Jets (1st game) and the Jaguars show why this defense is not dominant like the Wade era defenses.

190014[/snapback]

By the time of that drive I thought our D was knackered from having to cope with being on the field so long against a very good Pitt O-line. If our O had managed a first down once in a while then the D would have had time to rest, but the ineptness of the O left our D on the field FAR too long for them to be effective by the end of the game. This was also the problem early in the season.

The D is good enough as long as the O plays somewhere close to a degree of competancy. Which they utterly failed to do yesterday and early in the season.