David Nelson Not In Madden

AReed Deep For6

The most interesting thing to me about Nelson is that he seems to have that rare and often intangible "chemistry" with fitzpatrick. When its 3rd and a chunk its Fitzoatrick rather than Stevie Johnson whom Fitzy seems to be passing to and he has shown good ability from my biased point of view run his patterns properly so that he gets to the 1st down marker when he is thrown the ball.

I can only believe the context who started this thread was talking about Madden 13, otherwise starting this thread wouldn't make any sense. Anways, like any madden thread on this board there is incorrect information being passed.

1) Like what a few individuals mentioned Nelson is indeed in the game.

2) Marecel Dareus rating is actually 86.

Canadian Bills Fan is correct. Stevie Johnson's pitcure is outdated. Laziness on EA's part.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Dareus is rated in the 70s when you do Connected Career, it's because they take into account certain ratings that effect rookies and young players, such as performance ratings (lack of experience = low rating). It doesn't effect his play in the game, he's still damned good. When you finish the first season with any amount of success, his rating jumps to the 80s very quickly and so on. He's not the only young player/rookie to have different rating in CC vs Exhibition.

Edited by Dorkington

So, those of you who have Madden 13 for PS3...thumbs up, or thumbs down? When I got Madden 11,for PS3, I hated it...but Madden 12 was a little better.

My issue with it, as one who plays mainly against the computer (que the "playing with yourself" quips!), is the game is way too easy, or way too hard..there doesn't seem to be an in-between. With the old games, I would always start out playing at the "All Madden" level, and would get progressively better, so it was fun...with Madden 11, it was so difficult to do anything at the "All Madden" level, so I went down a notch to "all-pro"..then it was so easy, it wasn't fun.

Maybe an age thing (I'm old!)...although it looks awesome (mostly), I haven't enjoyed playing the Madden game a lot more, before PS3...keep in mind, I don't play on-line.

So, those of you who have Madden 13 for PS3...thumbs up, or thumbs down? When I got Madden 11,for PS3, I hated it...but Madden 12 was a little better.

My issue with it, as one who plays mainly against the computer (que the "playing with yourself" quips!), is the game is way too easy, or way too hard..there doesn't seem to be an in-between. With the old games, I would always start out playing at the "All Madden" level, and would get progressively better, so it was fun...with Madden 11, it was so difficult to do anything at the "All Madden" level, so I went down a notch to "all-pro"..then it was so easy, it wasn't fun.

Maybe an age thing (I'm old!)...although it looks awesome (mostly), I haven't enjoyed playing the Madden game a lot more, before PS3...keep in mind, I don't play on-line.

Yup Madden on ps2 was pure perfection. I've never played a Madden on PS3 that felt right, the mechanics, graphics, and game play were never as good as they were on ps2. I always played offline and did the franchise mode as well and so I was curious about this year too. So what says you guys? Worth my 60 bucks?

I'll have to double check, I'm still in my first season in CC and I don't remember it ever dipping below 80.

He's definitely rated lower in the CC. I know this because when I jumped to my first game, it had Edwards starting over Dareus since Edwards was rated higher.

I haven't played it myself, but most everyone I've talked to said this year is worth upgrading for.

I don't play any more but when I did, If the new season wasn't a significant game play improvement I just manually updated the Bills roster; I didn't much care about other teams' rosters.

Just talking about it now has me tempted to go buy an xbox.

Overall I like the game for PS3.

It has cool features in “connected Careers” (franchise mode) where you can broadcast your game results through your Twitter or Facebook account.

I like the fact that you play as the coach and rise up through the ranks over your career.

The game play is better and I love the new intro’s before the game. Reminds me of the CBS pregame.

On the main news page in CC you have twitter feeds from NFL personals like Adam Schefter among others that comment on standouts from those weeks games.

I have always been a fan of the offseason mode as I like to pretend to be a GM (like many people do) One realistic thing they have added is that players in the last year of their contract will want to start negotiating with you during the season. They tell you what they are expecting and what their interest level is in staying with the team. If you lowball them they will reject your offer and will go to free agecy.

Everything to do with the draft is better in Madden 13. You can scout players throughout the season with points that get awarded to you each week. You can spend those points to get a letter grade for each attribute like speed, agility etc... some cost more points than others and if you save up enough points, you can actually find out what the players overall rating is before you even draft them.

The draft itself is awesome. They actually have commentary during the early rounds and talk about the player you drafted.

All in all it’s a great game and would recommend it to any Madden fans.

CBF