Bills and Dolphins - only teams that haven't added players to thei

Nanker

According to the EN EFF EL, as of this moment, The Bills haven't added any players to their Practice Squad. Neither have the Dolphags.

This strikes me as a bit odd. There are eight slots open and it seems to me they could easily have put at least a few players on their squad by now. Several teams have only one or two listed, but The Bills have none.

Question: are they waiting for other teams to make up their squads completely before cherry picking a player or two that they've got their eyes on? If so, who?

Discuss.

Obviously, the Bills PS will be comprised of players other that the those the Bills have just cut - they'll be looking at players waived be other teams as well. And all players must clear waivers before being signed to the PS, as another team may want to claim them for their active roster.

Knowing that, why is anyone getting apoplectic that the Bills are taking their time to comb thru the ranks of waived players throughout the league to try strengthen their own roster?

Regarding Asper (et al) the Bills have no control over other teams placing a claim on a waived player. The source of the rumors as to who the Bills want to keep seems to be that the Bills left certain guys locker stalls in tact even after they were waived - so it would seem a logical assumption that, barring another team claiming them, that the Bills were intending to keep those players...

The Bills were sorting out their practice squad on Saturday. It appears receiver Marcus Easley and Kamar Aiken, defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert, offensive lineman Mark Asper, and cornerback Isaiah Green will be on the squad. All had locker stalls after Saturday's walkthrough practice. Teams can keep eight players on the squad.

"It may take a day or two," Gailey said. "There were some guys on some other teams that we were interested in, so it'll take a while to get them in here. But we don't practice until Monday, so I think we'll be OK."

link

And then, there's also this...

(Chan Gailey on only keeping four wide receivers on the roster and if that will change)

I think you have been around Buddy (Nix) and me long enough to know that nothing is ever set. We are always looking for different ways to improve our football team. I doubt what you see today will be what shows up next Sunday.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

must just not be official yet according to this they added 5

http://www.buffaloru...ley-kamar-aiken

According to that article, they signed Mark Asper to the PS...but they can't have done so as the Vikings have signed him to their 53.

Chan has said they want to sign some players from other teams and "it takes some time to get those guys in here".

I imagine there is a certain amount of negotiation to signing guys from other team's practice squads, esp. if they have several PS offers

Edit: another complication is if they manage to land a player they want to sign to the 53 man roster, and they cut someone who is PS eligible, they may want to sign that cut to the PS.

While it's business, it can't improve a guy's psychology if you say "we like the way you play, we think you have potential, we want to sign you to the PS...oh, never mind, we need a PS slot for Joe Hoboken here, so See Ya!"

Edited by Hopeful

The link I put up was the only one i could find and I knew about the Asper part but didn't see a need to add it into the thread. That site has accurate information (although run by non professionals) most of the time. I don't always agree with the analysis but there is some good and bad there just like here too.

really? you offended? i think it is clever, but then again i am not a politically correct guy.

Dolphag is clever? Any pull my finger is funny, right? You need to raise the bar; or get a bar; or maybe just leave the bar.