How many Bills cuts were claimed off waivers in recent past?

I was just thinking....how many of our preseason or 53-man roster cuts have been claimed or signed by other teams in recent memory?

Maybin last year by the Jets, which is still kinda funny to me but good luck with that. Anyone else?

This year, we've had two of our cuts snapped up already (Asper and Carder); earlier Jasper was signed (but then cut) by the Titans. Who else?

I find it a pleasant change that we're finally deep enough to be cutting some guys other teams want to sign.

I was just thinking....how many of our preseason or 53-man roster cuts have been claimed or signed by other teams in recent memory?

Maybin last year by the Jets, which is still kinda funny to me but good luck with that. Anyone else?

This year, we've had two of our cuts snapped up already (Asper and Carder); earlier Jasper was signed (but then cut) by the Titans. Who else?

I find it a pleasant change that we're finally deep enough to be cutting some guys other teams want to sign.

Maybin was not claimed. He signed as a free agent. He went unclaimed. Edited by TheTruthHurts

I Don't think the people replying under stand the OP.

In each year prior to 2012 how many players were claimed off of waivers after the preseason cutdown to 53.

I do not know the answer.

But the answer is not any Buffalo Bill that was ever cut at any time and then claimed off of waivers.

John Wendling, Rosco Parrish, Trent Edwards.

Wendling was waived in February after the end of the regular season and unsigned until the end of the following August

Edwards was waived after 2 regular season games, not in preseason or at the 53 man cuts

I believe Parrish was placed on IR when he injured his ankle after 2 games last year and not resigned as a FA?

So they're not quite fitting the question I'm trying to ask

Ashlee Palmer, Lions starting LB....and the running back whose name I can't remember irhgt now.

No, I think he was released after the 2009 season, in Feb 2010 - though it does seem we might have let a good player go there.

Joique Bell

I guess he kinda fits? He wasn't claimed off waivers at the 53 man cut, we put him on the PS and he was signed from there

Eagles picked up Joique Bell last year. He is with the lions now, 5th stringer

Time flies when you're having fun, Fear the Beard. That was 2010.

I Don't think the people replying under stand the OP.

In each year prior to 2012 how many players were claimed off of waivers after the preseason cutdown to 53.

I do not know the answer.

But the answer is not any Buffalo Bill that was ever cut at any time and then claimed off of waivers.

Correct, thanks WSS. I'm sure I wasn't clear enough in what I was asking. I meant that we cut in preseason or at the cut-down to the 53 man roster and were claimed off waivers then.

So this year we have Drayton Florence (in PS, signed by Denver), Mike Jasper (in PS, signed by Titans), Kellan Heard, Tank Carder, and Mark Asper.

I sit corrected about Maybin, Truth Hurts. Even if we say "close enough" we have

2012 5 players so far

2011 Maybin by Jets - if we stretch a point

2010 Joique Bell by Iggles if we allow claimed off PS in September, and perhaps Trent Edwards by the same stretch (not at the 53, but early in season)

Kinda seems like a sign of an improved roster, but maybe I'm just.... Hopeful!

Wendling was waived in February after the end of the regular season and unsigned until the end of the following August

Edwards was waived after 2 regular season games, not in preseason or at the 53 man cuts

I believe Parrish was placed on IR when he injured his ankle after 2 games last year and not resigned as a FA?

So they're not quite fitting the question I'm trying to ask

No, I think he was released after the 2009 season, in Feb 2010 - though it does seem we might have let a good player go there.

I guess he kinda fits? He wasn't claimed off waivers at the 53 man cut, we put him on the PS and he was signed from there

Time flies when you're having fun, Fear the Beard. That was 2010.

Correct, thanks WSS. I'm sure I wasn't clear enough in what I was asking. I meant that we cut in preseason or at the cut-down to the 53 man roster and were claimed off waivers then.

So this year we have Drayton Florence (in PS, signed by Denver), Mike Jasper (in PS, signed by Titans), Kellan Heard, Tank Carder, and Mark Asper.

I sit corrected about Maybin, Truth Hurts. Even if we say "close enough" we have

2012 5 players so far

2011 Maybin by Jets - if we stretch a point

2010 Joique Bell by Iggles if we allow claimed off PS in September, and perhaps Trent Edwards by the same stretch (not at the 53, but early in season)

Kinda seems like a sign of an improved roster, but maybe I'm just.... Hopeful!

It was clear- the tough part is that they rarely do anything and are easily forgotten days later even when it happens. Even the most impactful are hard to remember (cj ah you?!?!). If Florence fits (cut long before preseason) im sure this list could expand greatly.

Going off memory (may not fit) and trying to stick to guys not mentioned

Last year:

Hangartner?

Shawn Nelson?

Ellis lankster?

My favorite escapes me now. Thought to be an absolute cant miss wr, I think the Vikings picked him up and he did nothing. The boards were burning because of his release. Would've thought him to be jerry rice and I bet we'd be hard pressed to come up with his name. That was probably 5 years ago or more though.

Edited by NoSaint

How many times have the Bills cut their 5th n 6th round picks?

Good point. Cary Harris in 2009 (PS) and perhaps Alvin Bowen in 2008 (depending how you count - waived/injured, later PS)

It's really not that common for teams to cut 5th round picks I think.

The guys we cut getting picked up do go beyond this year's draft picks though (Kellen Heard, Dwan Edwards)

Edited by Hopeful

It was clear- the tough part is that they rarely do anything and are easily forgotten days later even when it happens. Even the most impactful are hard to remember (cj ah you?!?!). If Florence fits (cut long before preseason) im sure this list could expand greatly.

Going off memory (may not fit) and trying to stick to guys not mentioned

Last year:

Hangartner?

Shawn Nelson?

Ellis lankster?

My favorite escapes me now. Thought to be an absolute cant miss wr, I think the Vikings picked him up and he did nothing. The boards were burning because of his release. Would've thought him to be jerry rice and I bet we'd be hard pressed to come up with his name. That was probably 5 years ago or more though.

Martin Nance. Everyone here thought he was the second coming of Christ.

Another OBD future-HOFer was Joel Bell OT from 2009. He, too, disappeared.

Too bad this guy wasn't snatched up by another team:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Leif_Larsen

Edited by kas23