Dorin Dickerson

Rockinon

yes we run a lt of 5 reciever sets....but those 5 are rarely all wideouts....we have freddy chandler spiller and dickerson who can all split out. Only carrying four wrs isnt that big a deal IMO. also throw brad smith in the mix

Edited by FluffHead

Dickerson is a big guy who can catch and block. Do you guys remember seeing a training camp video of big Corey McIntyre catching a pass out of the flat and taking it to the house? Everyone on the team was kind of chuckling because Corey isn't exactly a speedster. Later in the video it was mentioned that Corey was being asked to catch the ball more.

The team was very successful early last year running the ball with Corey lead blocking, then defenses got wise that it was a run play every time Corey was in the game. Having these big guys in there who can run block and catch adds an additional wrinkle to the offense. I think guys like McIntyre, Dickerson and Chandler are going to have their hands on the ball a lot this year.

Edited by Rockinon

Dickerson is a big guy who can catch and block. Do you guys remember seeing a training camp video of big Corey McIntyre catching a pass out of the flat and taking it to the house? Everyone on the team was kind of chuckling because Corey isn't exactly a speedster. Later in the video it was mentioned that Corey was being asked to catch the ball more.

The team was very successful early last year running the ball with Corey lead blocking, then defenses got wise that it was a run play every time Corey was in the game. Having these big guys in there who can run block and catch adds an additional wrinkle to the offense. I think guys like McIntyre, Dickerson and Chandler are going to have their hands on the ball a lot this year.

i really hope that this is the case. i would like to see the ball spread around as much as possible so that teams have to respect all personnel in all formations. not only that, but the versatility of these players should make teams respect pass, run, and the occasional gadget play.

yes we run a lt of 5 reciever sets....but those 5 are rarely all wideouts....we have freddy chandler spiller and dickerson who can all split out. Only carrying four wrs isnt that big a deal IMO. also throw brad smith in the mix

This is a very important point. With guys like Freddy, CJ and Dickerson we can can show a lot of different looks on offense. Their versatility give us the option to make life very difficult for opposing defenses. If you get all three on the field the defense will have no idea if it's a run or pass. That's a very different dynamic from having 4 or 5 wide sets with just WR's.

I'm thinking you're going see some really interesting twists this year.

If he can learn to block a little better he could be a valuable weapon. The word is that he is quite willing but needs a lot of work on technique. I'm really excited to see all the different ways and groupings that Chan is going to use this year, with both CJ and FredEx on the field together, with Dickerson, and with the Wildcat. If we are efficient moving the chains and putting up some points, this team is going to be a bear for opponents to prepare for.

Everyone seems to think Fitz is the key to this season. To me, it's the OL and Gailey.

If he can learn to block a little better he could be a valuable weapon. The word is that he is quite willing but needs a lot of work on technique. I'm really excited to see all the different ways and groupings that Chan is going to use this year, with both CJ and FredEx on the field together, with Dickerson, and with the Wildcat. If we are efficient moving the chains and putting up some points, this team is going to be a bear for opponents to prepare for.

Everyone seems to think Fitz is the key to this season. To me, it's the OL and Gailey.

I don't know who "everyone" is but I agree with you and seem to recall hearing a similar sentiment expressed by several others.

My mantra for season success is: "Got Wood?"

Edited by Hopeful

Gailey can draw up the plays, but the players have to play. I see the offense getting the running game going more and adding some wrinkles we did not see last year. The defense is what I am really pumped about. Being a Bills fan just hasn't been the same these last few years without a pass rush. I'd like to think that the defense will provide the offense enough opportunities to run a ball control ground and pound scheme with a few twists hear and there.

I am intrigued in using him with Chandler in 2 TE formations when we decide to run the ball........you have absolutely no idea if we are going play action with that personnel on the field

Until he learns to block well that IMO would have no affect on the defense. They would consider him a WR more than a TE and defense him as such. Rarely if ever will you see him lined up in a stance next to the OT in a real TE position. I'm excited about him, too, and can't wait to see how Gailey uses him. But he is really going to be a wildcard, and H Back and FB and not really a TE.

I am intrigued in using him with Chandler in 2 TE formations when we decide to run the ball........you have absolutely no idea if we are going play action with that personnel on the field

I can tell its not play action because for some reason gailey avoids play action like its the plague