Post Convention Bounce?

Except he didn't tell Medvedev to get back to him after the election, he told him that he'd have 'more flexibility' after the election. Which kind of came across to mean that he'd like to give Putin what Putin wants but it might cost him the election so Vlady needs to wait a few months before the US will roll over.

Right, thanks for clarifying. Still think it was kind of meh...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying I THINK they should jump on it. I'm surprised they didn't make something out of it. Especially Lawrence O' Donnell Or ED.

I have no problem with the line. I was commenting on the liberal pundits who surprised me for not going after it. Although I did see an Ed Schultz tweet about it just calling it an interesting line. Lol

Face it, they are still in shock by watching an 82 year-old American icon B word slap their gutless idolized wimp - BO in full public view while they stood by helpless.

Edited by Nanker

http://www.huffingto..._n_1844512.html

Not likely. The electorate is so highly polarized, I would expect a modest bounce. Most people have already made up their minds, and it's a matter of turnout.

Gallup shows 1 point bounce

CNN's poll today shows a 2 point bounce

Rasmussen Showed a 6 point bounce

Reuters showed 5 point bounce

That's a net average 3.5 point bounce.

Pretty much as I predicted, a "modest" bounce.

That's a net average 3.5 point bounce.

Yeah, no !@#$ing ****. Like that wasn't predictable.

:lol:

But seriously, Obama will get a small bounce out of the Democratic National Coronation but it will be played up as a turning point in the election as voters start to come home. MSNBC will ask why the Racists® even want to bother with an election now that it's over.

Meanwhile Obama is on the phone begging Helicopter Ben and Timmy Taxcheat to prime the pumps. If Wall Street doesn't get their expected fix in two weeks the markets will start to feel withdrawl and those numbers won't make for good headlines 2 months before an election

Evolution of HuffPo electoral counter shows trend against Obama

Even the Huffington Post has to admit, although they would never come out and say it, that Barack Obama’s reelection prospects are not moving in the right direction.

I’ve been watching the electoral map the Huffington Post has for the last few months. If you’re able to make it past all the anti-Romney, anti-Ryan, and anti-Republican headlines that they’ve been churning out lately, you can reach the part of the site where they’ve been tracking polls and making projections for the general election.

This map, which is “based on HuffPost pollster charts and analysis,” is a revealing glimpse into how the Presidential election has evolved since the early summer months.

I took this first screen shot on July 18. HuffPo’s formula was then declaring that the President’s reelection was essentially a lock, with Barack Obama already laying claim to 274 electoral votes. In order to win, a candidate need only secure 270.

July-HuffPo-634x1024.png

Below is a screenshot from August 29th. HuffPo had apparently calculated that the President’s lead was now below the “guaranteed win” mark, but still very comfortable. All that would be necessary is to grab one or two of the swing states, and President Obama’s reelection would be sealed.

August-HuffPo-605x1024.png

This morning, I captured another screen shot which showed yet another drop for President Obama (Romney still holding at 191). Although HuffPo confidently declared this morning that last week’s RNC gave Romney “No Bounce,” by their own electoral count, the President lost hold of another 15 electoral votes.

September-HuffPo-588x1024.png

While HuffPo makes no representation that the earlier electoral counts were guaranteed to remain static, its interesting to see just how quickly the President’s advantage is being winnowed away.

Perhaps there hasn’t been a “bounce.” Perhaps its actually something much worse, a steady trend.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/evolution-of-huffpo-electoral-counter-shows-trend-against-obama/

Mike Flynn at Breitbart.com has reached a similar conclusion.

For the past several days, the media have consoled themselves that Romney didn’t receive any kind of bounce from the RNC convention last week in Tampa. Torture polls with enough Democrat bias in their samples and you can convince yourself of anything. Really, their willful ignorance of reality is their most precious trait. So, if there was no bounce, why are all the battleground states moving towards Romney. Obama won the 11 battleground states by 7 points in 2008. Today, Romney leads by 2.

Flynn went on to say:

So, sure, let’s all pretend Romney didn’t get any kind of bounce out of the convention. Let’s pretend that Romney has a very narrow path to 270 electoral votes and Obama has all these mythical ways to get there. The trend is your friend, though. And the trend is looking very good for Romney.

September-HuffPo-588x1024.png

231 is Obama's floor, he won't go any lower than that. Meanwhile Romney hasn't picked up anything during Obama's decline.

The latest map you posted, I'd add Michigan and Wisconsin to Obama and North Carolina to Romney. Iowa is looking more and more like Romney. Colorado I had thought would go Obama but that's more of a tossup now. Virginia I think is trending Romney but I'll call that a tossup for now

So I got 257 Obama with 212 Romney, with Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia as tossups

Electoral Math is still very much in Obama's favor.

Obama is like the Patriots* with the ball and the lead in the 4th quarter. They know the refs are on their side and just have to hold onto the ball and chew up the clock.

Romney needs to force a turnover and make a few plays of his own with perfect execution because Barack Obrady has no problem looking at the refs and making that little throw the flag gesture anytime he wants a personal foul

231 is Obama's floor, he won't go any lower than that. Meanwhile Romney hasn't picked up anything during Obama's decline.

The latest map you posted, I'd add Michigan and Wisconsin to Obama and North Carolina to Romney. Iowa is looking more and more like Romney. Colorado I had thought would go Obama but that's more of a tossup now. Virginia I think is trending Romney but I'll call that a tossup for now

So I got 257 Obama with 212 Romney, with Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia as tossups

Electoral Math is still very much in Obama's favor.

Obama is like the Patriots* with the ball and the lead in the 4th quarter. They know the refs are on their side and just have to hold onto the ball and chew up the clock.

Romney needs to force a turnover and make a few plays of his own with perfect execution because Barack Obrady has no problem looking at the refs and making that little throw the flag gesture anytime he wants a personal foul

Romney has a ton of work to do. Obama just has to hold it steady. I still don't see how Romney pulls this out--the electoral map is not his friend.

Edited by John Adams

Romney has a ton of work to do. Obama just has to hold it steady. I still don't see how Romney pulls this out--the electoral map is not his friend.

It's trending towards him and he's still got over 2 months. He has the money to spend, there are more bad economic reports to follow, and then there are the debates.

One point bounce is what I read today.

These polls are like the market up and down for no particular reason other than pure speculation.

Romney's likability is up to 30 percent among the rolling sample of nearly 1,500 registered voters

Where? The deep south in Virginia, or rural Kentucky?

Obama_Romney_11.png

Northern Va where the FED jobs are will determine the VA vote.

that red may be blue when all is said and done.

And I've noticed a drop in Republican banners on the roads and in yards.

One point bounce is what I read today.

These polls are like the market up and down for no particular reason other than pure speculation.

Romney's likability is up to 30 percent among the rolling sample of nearly 1,500 registered voters

Where? The deep south in Virginia, or rural Kentucky?

Obama_Romney_11.png

Northern Va where the FED jobs are will determine the VA vote.

that red may be blue when all is said and done.

And I've noticed a drop in Republican banners on the roads and in yards.

Where'd you get that map? There's no way in hell MD isn't blue.

Michigan I believe is a slight tossup for Obama, PA looking out of reach.

However, last two polls in Ohio showing the lead for Romney, there was one released yesterday showing a + 3 for Romney.

http://www.realclear...obama-1860.html

Also JA, I find it odd, that in that retarded Map that Billsfanforever posted, that Michigan stood out to you,

even though it listed Missouri, Arizona, NorthCarolina and ALASKA in Obama's column.

Geez :lol:

It's trending towards him and he's still got over 2 months. He has the money to spend, there are more bad economic reports to follow, and then there are the debates.

He doesn't consider facts, he goes by his gut. That's just how he rolls

Edited by WorldTraveller

Also JA, I find it odd, that in that retarded Map that Billsfanforever posted, that Michigan stood out to you,

even though it listed Missouri, Arizona, NorthCarolina and ALASKA in Obama's column.

Geez :lol:

For God's sake its got Georgia listed as blue..............................McCain won that.............lol

We were discussing the map's toss-up states. Try to keep up.

He doesn't consider facts, he goes by his gut. That's just how he rolls

Your campaign of optimism for Romney's chances is so objective.