Ralph [was] in the hospital

kasper13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updated version of story, includes comments from Terry Pegula response to his interest in purchasing Bills. "No, I haven't given that any thought," Pegula told the AP.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/nfl/buffalo-bills-owner-ralph-wilson-doing-well-after-returning-home-from-hospital-168630476.html

jw

Quoted from John's article (emphasis my own):

"I haven't given that any thought. I may have money, but I don't have a printing press," Pegula said by phone. "I have lots of commitments in other places. We're still in the oil and gas business. And as you know, the price of gas is down. We've got these other commitments that we're moving forward with. And the Bills have an owner."

I don't think Pegula wants to be talking about this until Ralph moves onto that great luxury box in the sky.

"I haven't given that any thought. I may have money, but I don't have a printing press," Pegula said by phone. "I have lots of commitments in other places. We're still in the oil and gas business. And as you know, the price of gas is down. We've got these other commitments that we're moving forward with. And the Bills have an owner."

I don't think Pegula wants to be talking about this until Ralph moves onto that great luxury box in the sky.

Exactly what I was thinking. That's the line everyone seems to use when talking about this issue, and we know from reports that there has been a lot going on behind the scenes.

"the price of gas is down". What kind of gas is this billionaire speaking of? I just tanked up at $4.09 this AM.

"the price of gas is down". What kind of gas is this billionaire speaking of? I just tanked up at $4.09 this AM.

It's natural gas and its been way down for a long time. Pegula is telling you that, right now, he is not prepared to spend a billion or even hundreds of millions on the Bills, Ralph alive or not. Believe what he is telling you.