is anyone else really excited about jarron gilbert, kyle moore?

The way I see it is that Carrington must be better & show more of an upside than both of these kids to crack the line up. He's a 3rd year player and he needs to step up his game. If these 2 are as good, and have as much upside as all of the reports, Carrington is on the bubble.

especially gilbert, his skill set reminds me so much of leon lett and moore reminds me of tolbet... i think thats why wanny likes them...

any chance we carry 10 dlineman? in order to keep carrington?

"really excited"? No. Happy to see some young depth step up, yes. I think Moore is mostly hype at this point, but I certainly think Gilbert has shown something.

Slim chance at best that Carrington makes it. He just doesn't fit this defense, and has had almost no playing time. His only chance would be if Dwan Edwards get's cut (still a possibility since he is our highest paid D tackle). However Dwan has played well this pre-season, and it looks like the Bills may keep him. He also would have to beat out Heard, who also probably won't make the team.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

especially gilbert, his skill set reminds me so much of leon lett and moore reminds me of tolbet... i think thats why wanny likes them...

MDP, please answer this question: which of the promising DBs, developmental LB, and WR who could fill in in case of injury do you want us to cut, just so's we can carry 10 players at a position that seems one of our greatest strengths?

Then answer this one: why would we want to keep more players at a position which is a strength, then at a position which is 1) historically injury prone 2) not as clear cut with regard to starters and #2s as DL, so that we need to fall back on hoping one or another player will step up?

i like Moore since his 49ers days(i think is the same guy) but then came the injuries,cut or waive then dissapear until last year at the end w/bills

Wrong player

Kyle Moore was drafted by Tampa Bay in the 4th round of 2009...played 2009 and 2010 starting some but then got cut at the end of last yrs preseason.

Lions signed him after cuts then cut him midseason....Buffalo signed him at the end of last season.

Kyle Moore played for USC defense along with Bengals Manauluga and the Packers Clay Mathews...came out in 2009 draft...9 starting D-men graduated and I think many of them got draftes.

MDP, please answer this question: which of the promising DBs, developmental LB, and WR who could fill in in case of injury do you want us to cut, just so's we can carry 10 players at a position that seems one of our greatest strengths?

i would argue that carrington as the 10 th lineman is a better player than mcgee or martin, and have more upside... jmo we can still have 6 wr because of smith... we kept 5 corners the past two years so this is not a problem...

Then answer this one: why would we want to keep more players at a position which is a strength, then at a position which is 1) historically injury prone 2) not as clear cut with regard to starters and #2s as DL, so that we need to fall back on hoping one or another player will step up?

6 wrs and 5 corners is fine. if we have that many injuries, thats what the ps is for along with the waiver wire. you dont cut young dlineman with potential and power

10 lineman maybe

Leon was more of a plugger and Gilbert is an End now reminds me of slightly lesser version ofSimeon Rice without the headaches

Who is Tolbet?

10 lineman maybe

Leon was more of a plugger and Gilbert is an End now reminds me of slightly lesser version ofSimeon Rice without the headaches

Who is Tolbet?

Have we progressed to Simeon rice or Leon lett? Quite the spread.

Wrong player

Kyle Moore was drafted by Tampa Bay in the 4th round of 2009...played 2009 and 2010 starting some but then got cut at the end of last yrs preseason.

Lions signed him after cuts then cut him midseason....Buffalo signed him at the end of last season.

Kyle Moore played for USC defense along with Bengals Manauluga and the Packers Clay Mathews...came out in 2009 draft...9 starting D-men graduated and I think many of them got draftes.

thanks for cleared to me