Live feed RNC

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he really say that?

I just know MSNBC is going to be calling that a reference to higher unemployment rates among blacks, hence racist.

It might not be verbatim, but that is basically what he said. Laughed my ass off. He's better than people give him credit for.

Condoleezza Rice sure is giving Mr Obama hell,

she must be racist (?)

I like Condi but public speaking is not her thing. I can't believe she was ever a serious VP candidate. No way she'd survive glad handing people for 5 months. SecDef, sure...VP never.

I like Condi but public speaking is not her thing. I can't believe she was ever a serious VP candidate. No way she'd survive glad handing people for 5 months. SecDef, sure...VP never.

Very smart lady who can handle damn near anything but campaigning.

Paul Ryan's wife...would ya?

She's an attractive lady, that's for sure. You do know that after the nomination, he and his family have SS protection now? You might want to watch what you say. BB is everywhere.

Very smart lady who can handle damn near anything but campaigning.

Yes, campaigning is not her thing. She has my admiration.

From Rep. Ryan's speech:

"I’m the newcomer to the campaign, so let me share a first impression. I have never seen opponents so silent about their record, and so desperate to keep their power.

They’ve run out of ideas. Their moment came and went. Fear and division are all they’ve got left.

With all their attack ads, the president is just throwing away money – and he’s pretty experienced at that. You see, some people can’t be dragged down by the usual cheap tactics, because their ability, character, and plain decency are so obvious – and ladies and gentlemen, that is Mitt Romney. "

"Right now, 23 million men and women are struggling to find work. Twenty-three million people, unemployed or underemployed. Nearly one in six Americans is living in poverty. Millions of young Americans have graduated from college during the Obama presidency, ready to use their gifts and get moving in life. Half of them can’t find the work they studied for, or any work at all.

So here’s the question: Without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years?"

"President Obama was asked not long ago to reflect on any mistakes he might have made. He said, well, “I haven’t communicated enough.” He said his job is to “tell a story to the American people” – as if that’s the whole problem here? He needs to talk more, and we need to be better listeners? "

"Ladies and gentlemen, these past four years we have suffered no shortage of words in the White House. What’s missing is leadership in the White House. And the story that Barack Obama does tell, forever shifting blame to the last administration, is getting old. The man assumed office almost four years ago – isn’t it about time he assumed responsibility?"

Odd. I thought she had the best speech yet. Beyond the fact that she was on notes and not a teleprompter, I particularly like speeches that don't require a bunch of "pause here for applause" notes, with which all of the convention speeches overburdened.

Edited by LABillzFan

Odd. I thought she had the best speech yet. Beyond the fact that she was on notes and not a teleprompter, I particularly like speeches that don't require a bunch of "pause here for applause" notes, with which all of the convention speeches overburdened.

She did have a great speech by nearly all accounts, and of course, Ryan did exactly what he was suppose to do, which was speak highly and effectively of Romney, placed a searing indictment on the Obama administration, and not in such a partisan way, but in a way that didn't turn off independents, and his jabs towards Obama were extremely poignant

“College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life.”

That was hilarious

and this

It all started off with stirring speeches, Greek columns, the thrill of something new. Now all that’s left is a presidency adrift, surviving on slogans that already seem tired, grasping at a moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday’s wind.

Ouch!

I saw CNN had a focus group of "swing voter independents" and asked of the effectiveness of his speech, they almost all raised their hands. Then the moderator asked, do you believe that Ryan appears to be "extreme" the way the Obama administration portrays, and not a single hand was raised.

This guy has won elections in a swing county in Wisconsin with over 60% in every single election, the attempt to portray him anything different than he is will mainly fall upon deaf ears, except of course for the hard core loony lefties.

He did what he was suppose to, and now we'll see how Romney does, which of course is much more important.

And people say the GOP doesn't support single moms...

That's just the problem. Those cheap conventioneers are aren't getting any lap dances or stuffing folded bills down those poor single mom's g-strings, let alone getting Sundowner treatment in the VIP rooms.

My wife and I are huge Condi fans--we both thought she gave great content but is not made for that sort of thing (courting the public). I hop ethat she's not as done with public service as she says but I don't blame her. Being a professor at Stanford has to beat the hell out of SecDef.

I would kill for someone to give a speech without the "pause here" moments. They are awful--it's going to be much worse during the Democratic convention when I'll be disagreeing more.

Edited by John Adams