Sunday Ticket Question

Billsrhody

Here's my situation...

My father is in Rhode Island and I am in New York and both of us want to be able to watch bills games live. We were looking into the online sunday ticket package. Does anyone know if two people can watch games at once with this package?

If not.. does anyone have another suggestion (besides streaming)? Thanks for the help!

I think if your Dad subscribes in Rhode Island he can get the Bills on his television and you may be able to get the Bills on the Sunday Ticket Max that goes with your Father's package. I could however be wrong. I would have him purchase it though and you can use the online portion of it.

Here's my situation...

My father is in Rhode Island and I am in New York and both of us want to be able to watch bills games live. We were looking into the online sunday ticket package. Does anyone know if two people can watch games at once with this package?

If not.. does anyone have another suggestion (besides streaming)? Thanks for the help!

You can't share ST on two DTV satellite systems. But if you buy the ST package with the online option you could share that. One person watches on TV while the other watches on computer or phone. That costs about $350 but there have been discounts offered lately so you could probably get it for less.

As for illegal online streams we do not discuss such things here.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I keep waiting for the PS3 version of Sunday Ticket to go live, but it hasn't and no one on the whole Internet seems to know what the deal is...

Cost was the same as the DTV version (about $340), but totally worth it!

You can't share ST on two DTV satellite systems. But if you buy the ST package with the online option you could share that. One person watches on TV while the other watches on computer or phone. That costs about $350 but there have been discounts offered lately so you could probably get it for less.

As for illegal online streams we do not discuss such things here.

PTR

Yea it look like they're offering a "max" package for $299 and a standard package for $199 right now.. that might be our best option.

Thanks for your help everyone

I have the Max package and I let my brother use my login information when one of the games was blacked out in Buffalo. He got to watch the first half but by the second half they caught wind of the scheme and prevented him from watching the second half. This didn't really have anything to do with what was asked but I thought it was a nifty little tidbit.

DTV gave me a discount on the ST plus the Max package at no additional cost when I did my annual "complaint" call. I questioned the rep on the phone and he said I could watch it on my TV and any device at the same time (laptop, tablet, phone, etc) as long as I registered it to my account. I do not know if blackout rules apply to the web version (I'm in NC, so I am not affected anyways).

I live in NC, a guy down here was big Steelers fan, his father still lived in Pit area. He bought some type of box, think it started with a "H" shipped it to his father. Father hooked it up to a spare cable outlet in his house, box also was hooked up to internet. He then connected down here to ip address of box and he could watch games down here that weren't on locally. He said quality was good, little lag, he was watching in SD as no HD TV. I recall him saying how he could mess with his father and change channels on him while he was watching box. Maybe this is the same concept as the Sling box??

Speaking on Sunday Ticket. I ordered this year for first time. Is there some place I can go to find listing of what games are on what stations? Do they use same number range every year? If so, what would it be?

I live in NC, a guy down here was big Steelers fan, his father still lived in Pit area. He bought some type of box, think it started with a "H" shipped it to his father. Father hooked it up to a spare cable outlet in his house, box also was hooked up to internet. He then connected down here to ip address of box and he could watch games down here that weren't on locally. He said quality was good, little lag, he was watching in SD as no HD TV. I recall him saying how he could mess with his father and change channels on him while he was watching box. Maybe this is the same concept as the Sling box??

Speaking on Sunday Ticket. I ordered this year for first time. Is there some place I can go to find listing of what games are on what stations? Do they use same number range every year? If so, what would it be?

Red Zone Channel 703. Games start on 704. Check the guide on Friday for specific games.

I’m pretty sure you can. It would be best him to subscribe to the Sunday Ticket in Rhode Island. Because there’s no chance of a Bills game being blacked out in that part of the country. Then you use his DirecTV user name and password to watch the game online. The only potential problem would be if the Bills game is being shown on his local CBS or Fox station. Then it won’t be on a Sunday ticket channel in his area. Whether or not it would be available online in that circumstance, I don’t know.

Personally, I think the best solution would be for both you and your dad to subscribe to the Sunday Ticket. You would probably enjoy the game more on your TV set than on a computer monitor.

DirecTV has cut the price of the Sunday Ticket to $199 for the season. And they’re currently offering a lot of deals where you can get it free of charge.

For the second year in a row I subscribed to Sunday ticket. I also have a slingbox, and receive a free subscription to Sunday Ticket online (not sure of the exact name.) So two friends can also watch from a computer, one through the Slingbox and one through the DirecTV / Sunday Ticket website.

Here's my situation...

As mentioned prior anyplace anywhere on your PC. Watch Your TV Anywhere with a Slingbox it's meant for people who travel a lot

since when is this an NFL sanctioned forum?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

As mentioned prior anyplace anywhere on your PC. Watch Your TV Anywhere with a Slingbox it's meant for people who travel a lot

since when is this an NFL sanctioned forum?

It isn't. But the NFL and DirectTv both market their own streaming products as well as the Sunday ticket itself so they would be against any streaming that wasn't putting money in their pockets. Slingbox is perfectly legal and has things in place to keep it legal so talking about it here should not ruffle any ones feathers. But the rest of the streaming is considered taboo here, either out of fear of NFL action, not wanting to deny the NFL of it's profits, or just feeling that it is immoral/illegal.

And if I may ask, if you use slingbox are you able to get HD content streamed anywhere outside of your home? If so, what speed is your outbound internet? And I read that the box has no HDMI inputs which seems insane to me, is that true? Thanks.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• 4 weeks later...

My Dad lives in Detroit and I in Chicago. We bought him a subscription to the Sunday Ticket. Included in that subscription is the ability to watch Sunday Ticket on an iPhone or iPad. So, I have been watching the games on my mobile stuff here in Chicago and my Dad on his TV in Detroit for 1 price.

In addition, I bought Apple TV, which allows me to shoot what is playing on my phone right to my TV. So, my point is, if you have a Directv login, you can get the games anywhere.....which is nice.