We have very little speed at WR

It looks like we are going to cut Easley and Clowney is already cut. That leaves only one speed guy TJ and Spiller if you use him at WR. If TJ gets hurt we are screwed. Buddy said we needed speed but you expect someone in your top 4 to be fast. Stevie, Nelson, and Jones and Hagan are all basically possession type receivers. I hope Buddy knows what he is doing. I was rooting for Clowney and Easley. Clowney is fast and Easley is big and fast. All we have now is little and fast and a bunch of big and slow. Lets hope they can run good routes and stay on the same page as Fitz. So far they haven't showed it but I believe the regular season will be different.

Why do you guys think we are trying out a kicker to give us better field position, better pass rush to give us better field position, which tells me we are doing everything we can until we have more draft picks in the next two years to win now.

We need another top athletic TE, Top WR, and then work on the LB. Until then and maybe a QB, we are doing what Chan does to try and win. I applaud him as he is being as creative as possible, hiring a QB coach guru, etc. This is not a flaw on Chan and Nix. It is they were served a sh*t sandwhich from a decade of crap, and trying to find the best ways possible to make it work.

Be patient guys as I am betting as good as Fisher is as a coach, he's not going to do much at St Louis this year or next year, but if you give him time, will create an excellent team.

Why do you guys think we are trying out a kicker to give us better field position, better pass rush to give us better field position, which tells me we are doing everything we can until we have more draft picks in the next two years to win now.

We need another top athletic TE, Top WR, and then work on the LB. Until then and maybe a QB, we are doing what Chan does to try and win. I applaud him as he is being as creative as possible, hiring a QB coach guru, etc. This is not a flaw on Chan and Nix. It is they were served a sh*t sandwhich from a decade of crap, and trying to find the best ways possible to make it work.

Be patient guys as I am betting as good as Fisher is as a coach, he's not going to do much at St Louis this year or next year, but if you give him time, will create an excellent team.

amen brother

Donald Jones runs a 4.49 That is plenty fast. Brad Smith runs a 4.4. TJ a 4.3. Hagan 4.5. And CJ a 4.3.

They are not all burners but they are plenty fast enough. They need to make plays downfield, that is the question mark, not their speed.

You can't get much faster then 4.3 and not be on juice. I say give these guys some juice.

Jonesy gets separation, has a very fast playing speed and does the little things coaches like (blocking, hustling, finishing his routes)

Nelson has great hands and gets open

Chandler is an excellent TE

Stevie is a top notch producer.

Fitz has enough targets. Graham isn't going to change a lot for us simply because we only will go to him a few times a game. it's the same offense as last year only we're healthy right now. I think we have good sized, experienced receivers that can rack up yards for this team. Worry about the linebackers dude, the receivers are fine.

Wide receiver is our biggest, and most obvious need in my opinion. I have faith that Nix and Chan are getting things done their way though. You have to figure the mess they inherited. This season will be a HUGE HUGE telling point, as to whether they are slowly turning the team around or just staying status quo. Lets face it, our whole offense is compiled of guys that would be #2's on most other teams (other than Freddie). Its a shame that they inherited such a mess, because with the amount of top 12 picks this team has had over the past decade there is no way we should be in this mess. I dont think I can remember a team that has failed on so many 1st & 2nd round picks in such a short time span (mccargo, lynch, spiller, mckelvin, troup, maybin, whitner, hardy, poz, etc). Imagine if we made solid picks in even HALF of those drafts. I feel like most of Buddy & Chan's picks are panning out, and we are starting to move forward.

Wide receiver is our biggest, and most obvious need in my opinion. I have faith that Nix and Chan are getting things done their way though. You have to figure the mess they inherited. This season will be a HUGE HUGE telling point, as to whether they are slowly turning the team around or just staying status quo. Lets face it, our whole offense is compiled of guys that would be #2's on most other teams (other than Freddie). Its a shame that they inherited such a mess, because with the amount of top 12 picks this team has had over the past decade there is no way we should be in this mess. I dont think I can remember a team that has failed on so many 1st & 2nd round picks in such a short time span (mccargo, lynch, spiller, mckelvin, troup, maybin, whitner, hardy, poz, etc). Imagine if we made solid picks in even HALF of those drafts. I feel like most of Buddy & Chan's picks are panning out, and we are starting to move forward.

They have had plenty of time to overhaul the TE/WR position.

What we really need is the emergence of a bonafide #2 possession receiver. We have Stevie manning #1 and Nelson the slot #3. If TJ is as good as they hope I think he' the guy. If not Jones has shown promise a few games.

What we really need is a balanced offensive attack.

We have a solid group of WR's, Johnson & Nelson being the two standouts.

We also have players like Fred Jackson, C.J. Cpiller & Scott Chandler, players who must also get the ball more often.

To me, it is Chan's play calling that is the biggest issue to the Bills success.

We should use Chandler a lot more. Not just when the Bills are in the red zone.

Also we can not be afraid to run the ball more. Fred Jackson has proven time and time again, that if you give him the ball, he will produce great results. The same thing applies to Spiller. We must use ALL of our weapons on offense.

That is the key to getting us to the playoffs.

Not that I really disagree with you but, the ones I bolded are still in the league a few STILL on the team at least one made the probowl last year, one aveaged 5.2 yards a carry, the other RB 4.3 YPC The only real busts you have there are Mc Cargo and Hardy, the rest may have been selected too high (reaches) but that is what it is.

I agree for the most part with Mark.

What we really need is a balanced offensive attack.

We have a solid group of WR's, Johnson & Nelson being the two standouts.

We also have players like Fred Jackson, C.J. Cpiller & Scott Chandler, players who must also get the ball more often.

To me, it is Chan's play calling that is the biggest issue to the Bills success.

We should use Chandler a lot more. Not just when the Bills are in the red zone.

Also we can not be afraid to run the ball more. Fred Jackson has proven time and time again, that if you give him the ball, he will produce great results. The same thing applies to Spiller. We must use ALL of our weapons on offense.

That is the key to getting us to the playoffs.

I think Chan knows and has talked about those points a few times his year, hope we see it too.

Go Bills!!

Donald Jones runs a 4.49 That is plenty fast. Brad Smith runs a 4.4. TJ a 4.3. Hagan 4.5. And CJ a 4.3.

They are not all burners but they are plenty fast enough. They need to make plays downfield, that is the question mark, not their speed.

I've got to agree with this. I'd bet, although I haven't actually looked it up, that our recievers are similar in measurables to New Orleans or Green Bay's. I know there will be differences, but I don't think they'll be that glaring. I think the more likely culprit on why we don't see the bigger plays is our QB, our protection, and our play-calling. If you had these same players a few years into either Green Bay's or New Orleans systems, we'd likely covet them more than we do now.

I do agree, though, that we're missing a dominant WR. If we had one more WR who could make plays on his own, who could beat double coverage - then these other guys would begin to look much, much better. It's hard for me to imagine the Bills not having WR at the top of their draft priority next offseason, and at the very least by the 2nd round.