Skip Bayless - Professional Asshat

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8294309/derek-jeter-laughs-skip-bayless-ped-use-insinuation

Sure, the sports culture's (and my personal) apotheosis of Derek Jeter may be overstatement....but for !@#$ sake, can't we give the most respected athlete of our time the benefit of the doubt?

I would personally stop watching baseball if it turned out DJ was using anything worse than a One-a-Day vitamin.

Why anyone listens to any of the national sports talking heads is beyond me. The only sports commentators I even consider listening to are the local guys after a Giants game. And that's only been recently when I've been too tired to get my lazy ass off the couch and go to bed after the game.

http://espn.go.com/n...use-insinuation

Sure, the sports culture's (and my personal) apotheosis of Derek Jeter may be overstatement....but for !@#$ sake, can't we give the most respected athlete of our time the benefit of the doubt?

I would personally stop watching baseball if it turned out DJ was using anything worse than a One-a-Day vitamin.

Why is Bayless an "asshat" for suggesting a top tier athlete is taking PEDS in a sport where hundreds of others take them for their own performance enhancement, for injury recouperation, to stay on the field day to day, to remain competitive with their peers, or to extend their careers?

As far as benefit of the doubt, have you met Mr. Lance Armstrong? Tons of his fans swallowed his brash claims of racing clean for decades now, present company included. Hows that working out for him now?

Hey...Jeter is a great athlete and a great ballpayer. Personally, Id be surpised if he did. But if you think he is somehow "above" even being questioned about taking PEDS in a sports culture where they are popped like candy and spoofing tests is easy to do, youre nuts.

Edited by RkFast

And Skip Bayless is a sports reporter...and we all know that sports reporters cover Penn State.

Now I'm not saying that skip rapes little boys. I have no idea. But within the confines of his industry, it is fair for all of us, in fact you are remiss, if you don't at least think about this.

Maybe you'd feel better about him if he wore a Fins jersey and came to your apartment, you !@#$ing traitor.

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/n...use-insinuation

I think that ESPN pays Bayless to be an "asshat". He's constantly leaning the way that ESPN wants him to lean. I personally refuse to watch anything that he's on so I couldn't care less what he has to say.

Skip Bayless is the Glen Beck of sports media and no one should pay attention to him he is an ass. However his accusations against Jeter are valid in my opinion. No one in baseball is beyond those accusations even if it is duh Jeter. The guy is 38 at a position where people don't play at that age or suffer a sever decline in play if they do. Why is out of the question that he might be on PED's?

Edited by billsfan89

Skip Bayless is the Glen Beck of sports media and no one should pay attention to him he is an ass. However his accusations against Jeter are valid in my opinion. No one in baseball is beyond those accusations even if it is duh Jeter. The guy is 38 at a position where people don't play at that age or suffer a sever decline in play if they do. Why is out of the question that he might be on PED's?

Questions would be valid. His accusations are not valid without some sort of evidence beyond "Wow, he's playing really well."

To suspect it is one thing. To accuse someone of it on national TV is a fine example of asshatery.

Nobody induces more jealousy from his fellow players than Jeter. He's the golden boy of the league and most non-Yankees (ok, let's be honest, probably plenty of Yankees too) hate him for it.

If there was so much as a whiff of PED use, most MLB players would blow him in happily. The fact that we've heard zero rumors is telling.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

the fact that you have to ask why its inappropriate to have that discussion on a national news show speaks volumes to the problems in the current state of reporting.

"wow, hes exceptionally good at his job - what do you guys think, he must be cheating, eh?"

is totally the wrong way to handle things. in the end, he very well could be, but i have no reason to tarnish his name with even the debate of it. (and i really do not like the yankees or jeter). being a good baseball player should not subject you to accusations of being a cheater.