Annoying "NFLSpeak". Mine is "no question".

I'm HUMBLED by the fact that there is no human being in the history of humanity nor will there ever be a human in the future that is as perfect as I am because I am the greatest to have ever have lived and you should all count your self extremely lucky to witness my perfect greatness. It is humbling.

Clearly, without question, I am more humble than you, I'd argue I am the most humble person in the world.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone cites "his athleticism" when they have no other way to describe skills. Obviously, they are athletic or they wouldn't be on an NFL field.

Also when a bad team surprises everyone and does well, the analyst usually will say something like "right now,they are just having fun out there" because they don't know what the reasons are for the success.

Or "as a young team, they just don't know any better." By the time you get to the professional level in any sport I think you understand what you have to do to be successful.

"Arm-Strength" is the one I take most issue with. Like what does that mean? Joe Montana arm-strength or Ryan Leaf arm-strength? After all, Tim Tebow has one of the stronger arms in the game right now. How's that working out for him? Any one of the guys coming into the league can more than adequately throw the ball from a strength aspect. How about we drop the "arm-strength" criticisms? That alone means nothing.

This one has puzzled me for years too. At first I thought they meant on a field with a crown (not too many left these days), you'd run to the outside where you would in fact be "running downhill". But I think they mean something else. Not sure.

I take it as a metaphor. As in, due to this running back's size, speed and tenacity it's as if his momentum is carrying him downhill (ie. harder to stop).

Well well well. Ask and ye shall receive. Emmit Smith yesterday on his time in the National Football League:

“Knowing what has started to come out in terms of the evidence of guys having mental issues right now, it concerns me, especially when you’ve carried the football more than anybody in the National Football League and have more yardage than anybody in the National Football League,” he said. “That means I probably got hit more than anyone in the National Football League, so why shouldn’t I be concerned?”

:wallbash:

I'm HUMBLED by the fact that there is no human being in the history of humanity nor will there ever be a human in the future that is as perfect as I am because I am the greatest to have ever have lived and you should all count your self extremely lucky to witness my perfect greatness. It is humbling.

A-Freaking-Men it drives me crazy. Being humbled is not being honored.

The biggest nails-on-chalkboard phrase for me (and you hear it in all sports really) is: "It is what it is."

Ugh. Either say what you mean, which is absolutely nothing at all or "f#^* you, I'm not offering an opinion."

But basically, at the end of the day, it is what it is, ya know?

It's a quarterback driven league.

Edited by Rob's House