thank you Buddy!!!!!!

Sorry, when you said "most productive", I just assumed you were talking about scoring points. Didn't know you were only thinking of yards of offense.

But if you shift your analysis to points scored in a game, they scored 22 points per in the last six compared to 31 in the first six despite nearly the same yards of offense (360 v. 380). Their biggest "production" of points came against Denver--40 points. However the Bills offense scored only one touchdown that game. 4 FGs by the replacement kicker.

Also, after the bye, the Bills defense forced 14 more TOs. Scored on 3 of them.

So 14 TOs in 9 games is the same as 16 in 5? Nice math.

Regardless, the point is the Bills offense was hardly anemic, even after multiple injuries to key positions. And wasn't that the point?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But don't we deserve better than the crap they have been serving up for 12 years?

Dude- being a bills fan is about pulling for the little guy, the under dog from the economically downtrodden and depressed forgotten corner of upstate New York. This isn't the billion dollar stadium bills. We are not talking about $500 a seat meh tickets and dream teams.

Me I have been enjoying the team lately. Last year they won some games against good teams. They pushed other good teams all the way to the last minute. If you can't appreciate that than fanhood boils down to a digital experience of empty satisfaction, or utter despair. Enjoy the journey. Watch this franchise slowly turn from the dark days of bore 'em into losing jauronamo ball, to fast big defenses and wide open offense. I am sure there are fans for every team that feel they deserve better as fans. Follow the steady improvement and watch these guys grow and continue to improve. The absolute result might be uncertain, but the trajectory is clear. Maybe someday we will even see the same results as we did in 1990's.

Perhaps you'd prefer poop on your cake, killjoy, or buzz kill? There's always rain on your parade, bursting your bubble, putting a damper on, or just being a wet blanket. Or perhaps you're more comfortable with being a stick in the mud, party pooper, or just plain spoiling it for the rest of us.

GO BILLS!!!

No, don't like any of those either.

Dude- being a bills fan is about pulling for the little guy, the under dog from the economically downtrodden and depressed forgotten corner of upstate New York. This isn't the billion dollar stadium bills. We are not talking about $500 a seat meh tickets and dream teams.

Me I have been enjoying the team lately. Last year they won some games against good teams. They pushed other good teams all the way to the last minute. If you can't appreciate that than fanhood boils down to a digital experience of empty satisfaction, or utter despair. Enjoy the journey. Watch this franchise slowly turn from the dark days of bore 'em into losing jauronamo ball, to fast big defenses and wide open offense. I am sure there are fans for every team that feel they deserve better as fans. Follow the steady improvement and watch these guys grow and continue to improve. The absolute result might be uncertain, but the trajectory is clear. Maybe someday we will even see the same results as we did in 1990's.

great post

Bills didnt look so good after 2 preseason games last year either,fitz lloked good vs the jags in the 3rd...Too long ive been waiting for this,and im looking foward to enjoying this season and the future looks bright for a change.If they stay healthy they will give them cheaters a run for the division. Go Bills!!!!

Nothing wrong if some people feel pessimistic. I felt very high on this team, but our first team D and first team O looked terrible for the first two games. Two more left. Good chance to turn it around against Pittsburgh, and I hope all you folks who live near Buffalo will be at that game because tooo many steeler fans will be. Also, I like how VY is looking now.

The difference between the start and finish of the Bills season a year ago can be chalked up to two things: a defense that was taking the ball away (and scoring) went completely lifeless, and the offense lost a significant number of starters to injury.

The "realists" answer to that is usually, "then why didn't Chan run the ball more?" Well, let's see -- you have a "scatback" in CJ Spiller and a beaten up OL...is running the ball as a primary option really the way to go?

This is 100% true. Absolutely. But certainly it does raise other questions, no?