So far looks like the Bills made a good choice in Cordy Glenn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I give him 1 chance in 3.... Half the pundits projected him as a RT though I am not sure the LT/RT difference is as great as it was in the past. He played both positions in college. He has the size. Won't know if he has the footwork and upper body strength/arm control needed to pass block until he faces regular season game speed and stunts.

Didn't like Reiff… thought he had much less talent than Glenn.

I liked Martin but he's more of a technician… like D'Brickashaw… and not a man-mountain like all the truly great tackles have been…Boselli, Pace, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden… etc.

Glenn has all the attributes.

The irony is that LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE were saying if Glenn busted at left tackle that he'd make a very good RT or guard.

That's what they should have been saying about Reiff.

Meanwhile Bulaga has again been passed over at left tackle by the Packers. Officially, they're really happy with him at right tackle. I guess that's why they drafted him at #23… to be a solid right tackle.

I liked Martin but he's more of a technician… like D'Brickashaw… and not a man-mountain like all the truly great tackles have been…Boselli, Pace, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden… etc.

I agree with the above. Now, sorry to split hairs, but wrt the above mentioned LTs, Walter Jones was not a "brute strength" LT either. His biggest attribute was phenominal agility.

I agree with the above. Now, sorry to split hairs, but wrt the above mentioned LTs, Walter Jones was not a "brute strength" LT either. His biggest attribute was phenominal agility.

I agree with both you and SJBF, but Jones was not soft, Martin looks and plays soft regardless of how good technique he posses.

He is the one piece on the oline im worried about. A few false start penalties this season make me wonder how quick he is, does he feel he needs a jump to stay with faster rushers?

Orakpo and jarred Allen were his first two match ups. He hasent given up a sack yet either. I think the rookie is doing just fine.

Edited by JaxBills

Didn't like Reiff… thought he had much less talent than Glenn.

Glenn has all the attributes.

The irony is that LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE were saying if Glenn busted at left tackle that he'd make a very good RT or guard.

That's what they should have been saying about Reiff.

Meanwhile Bulaga has again been passed over at left tackle by the Packers. Officially, they're really happy with him at right tackle. I guess that's why they drafted him at #23… to be a solid right tackle.

The LT position continues to evolve, particularly with teams placing an emphasis on passing the ball and rushers who possess great speed and quickness. The days of 6'5-6'7 330+ behemoths handling blind side duties are probably over.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-the-Left-Tackle-position-evolving-in-the-NFL.html

Glenn may be able to make up for less than stellar foot speed with his arm length, but he's not the prototype either. That's not to say Glenn can't be good, but he doesn't fit the mold.

I'll say that he's been decent. Seeing Gilmore at work, I'm glad that we went with him instead of Glenn but as a second round pick? I think we definitely made a good call.

Seriously, our draft class (Gilmore, Glenn, Graham and Brooks at least) is looking very solid.

if we can add carder and bradham as depth/st guys, and potter as a kickoff wiz, it's looking great as far as potential goes. let;s hope they're not happy with "potential".

I'll say that he's been decent. Seeing Gilmore at work, I'm glad that we went with him instead of Glenn but as a second round pick? I think we definitely made a good call.

Seriously, our draft class (Gilmore, Glenn, Graham and Brooks at least) is looking very solid.

A lot of people on these boards freaked out when we chose Graham!

So after reading all these posts we can all agree that he is decent ,competent,OK,a rookie,and if he fails then he can be a gusrd or a RT.

He is and has been SLOW.I don't know how you learn quick.I hope he can because it means so much to the Bills.

There is a First for Everything!!

And....That's a rap. Thread Closed. :beer:

Go Bills.

The LT position continues to evolve, particularly with teams placing an emphasis on passing the ball and rushers who possess great speed and quickness. The days of 6'5-6'7 330+ behemoths handling blind side duties are probably over.

http://www.nationalf...in-the-NFL.html

Glenn may be able to make up for less than stellar foot speed with his arm length, but he's not the prototype either. That's not to say Glenn can't be good, but he doesn't fit the mold.

Great post as usual BV!!!

You know, wrt OGs, I think that Levitre IS the new prototype. I hope that they re-sign him, and soon.

Please post more!!! :thumbsup: