Who are the Bills 9 D-Line?

Merriman really isn't making all that much. He is also in the final year of his contract. He's staying. Edwards might be cut, Johnson is an undersized DT, I don't see buffalo keeping two as reserves. If heard can rebound from his injury in time, he might be in.

Really? because he does weigh more than Carrington, Edwards, and K Williams.

Why does everyone think Troup is going to the IR? At best and uninjured he is only a depth player. With his nagging injuries and under performance he is low man on the totem pole, so why would the Bills waste a spot, PS, roster, IR, etc on him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best. So again, why would the Bills waste time, team spot and salary on somebody who can be easily replaced from the FA market. I don't understand the IR logic, makes no sense.

Fair point...

Because he was a recent high draft pick I think many Bills fans think that the organization will give the guy every opportunity to demonstrate his potential. Flawed logic it seems. In a similar situation, the Bengals recently waived WR Jordan Shipley. I was surprised when it happened, but when I looked at their roster it made perfect sense to me.

Moore and Merriman are kept. Merriman can also be used in a linebacker position. In plays he is lined up as an OLB where for confusion they either blitz him or someone else and then he drops back in a linebacker role. With the DL I dont think it will matter much of the DE/DT where they may just as part of the rotation they rotate players as part of mismatches. Simillarly with mario they have 4 DL on the field and he is more of a roamer who rushes wherever to cause blocking assignment confusioin.

I think the ones that are safe are.....

Mario, Anderson, Williams, Dareus, Merriman, Kelsey, one DT( ??) and one DE (Moore). Do they keep a 9th DL ??? It comes down to keeping what they think is the best player between a DL vs other defensive positions and who can play on special teams.

Also, how do they make room for John Potter..? It seems like he might stick from the way it looks....so do they keep 9 DL or 8 and Potter, or do they keep one less from another position..?

Edited by Speedy G

Mario Williams

Dareus

K.Williams

M.Anderson

Kelsay

Merriman

S.Johnson

D.Edwards

K.Heard

Troup to IR

Moore to PS

Carrington and the rest cut

This makes the most sense to me but I don't think Troup gets IRed, he will be an outright cut. Moore might also make it over Heard JMO

(Troup)

Because he was a recent high draft pick I think many Bills fans think that the organization will give the guy every opportunity to demonstrate his potential.

Um, well, that and because Chan was quoted in an interview saying if he couldn't make the roster IR was most likely?

Mario Williams

Dareus

K.Williams

M.Anderson

Kelsay

Merriman

S.Johnson

D.Edwards

K.Heard

Troup to IR

Moore to PS

Carrington and the rest cut

I don't get the Heard love myself. What am I missing? He's been injured all training camp, limited when he's in there.

Kyle Moore was drafted in 2009. It's his 4th year in the league. He was active for 5 games in 2009, 6 games in 2010, 4 games in 2011.

Is he eligible for PS? Oh, my head, my head.....I think he has only one acrued season, but if he's been on the PS in other seasons I don't think he's eligible.