Who are the Bills 9 D-Line?

Merriman really isn't making all that much. He is also in the final year of his contract. He's staying. Edwards might be cut, Johnson is an undersized DT, I don't see buffalo keeping two as reserves. If heard can rebound from his injury in time, he might be in.

Williams

Dareus

Williams

Anderson

Kelsey

Johnson

Edwards

Who is 8-9? Merriman and Carrington? I think that Merriman and his salary are gone.

Merriman and Moore

Troup to IR, Edwards & Carrington cut.

No way Edwards cut, he's playing well.

Heard is missing too much practice time. Can't see them keeping him unless he really picks it up and seems healed from whatever ails him.

Troup is on thin ice for sure. Can't stay healthy and even when he is ready to go he hasn't shown much. Carrington may not be much better but at least he can stay on the field. There's obviously no way of Troup beating out Spencer Johnson either so I think he's on his way out. They're not going to keep more than 4 DT's.

No way Edwards cut, he's playing well.

That's what I hear from the training camp reports but he hasn't made a peep in either of the two preseason games and when Dareus and Williams have gone out the Bills interior run defense has gone out with them. If the Bills had any real prospects behind him I'd cut him in a second, but unfortunately Carrington, Troup and Heard have been unable to step up for various reasons so we may be stuck with him.

Moore and Merriman are kept. Merriman can also be used in a linebacker position. In plays he is lined up as an OLB where for confusion they either blitz him or someone else and then he drops back in a linebacker role. With the DL I dont think it will matter much of the DE/DT where they may just as part of the rotation they rotate players as part of mismatches. Simillarly with mario they have 4 DL on the field and he is more of a roamer who rushes wherever to cause blocking assignment confusioin.

I think the ones that are safe are.....

Mario, Anderson, Williams, Dareus, Merriman, Kelsey, one DT( ??) and one DE (Moore). Do they keep a 9th DL ??? It comes down to keeping what they think is the best player between a DL vs other defensive positions and who can play on special teams.

Starters:

DE Williams

DE Anderson

DT Dareus

DT Williams

Backups:

DE Merriman

DE Kelsay

DT Edwards

DT Johnson

9th man:

DT/DE Carrington

IR:

Troup

Only one answer is incorrect. It will be Moore. Carrington has shown nothing this year and Kyle is working his a.. off! you get a 90. Nice work.

http://sports.yahoo....eams/buf/roster source

If Money talks, Edwards walks. But let's keep him at RDT.

LDE, I take Mario with Kyle Moore and Chris Kelsay. Eddins goes to the PS if eligible.

RDE, I take Anderson-Merriman.

RDT's are Dareus-Edwards. Gilbert or Ross to the PS if eligible.

LDT's are K.Williams-Johnson. Johnson moves to his best position. He returned in incredible shape.

Troup to IR.

Edited by Astrobot

I can't wait to laugh in the face of everybody who thinks Troup is gone. I should start writing everyone's name down. Of course, that could all backfire on me when he does get cut lol.

MERRIMAN. Will not be cut. Period. Just thought you should know big guy. He could last the whole season after having his Achilles fixed up this off season and he should have a big year. He's looked explosive in camp (in case you haven't heard) and very fast. He's probably ahead of Kelsay on the depth chart but Chan doesn't want to wear him out by making him a starter right after his surgery right away, so he will be doing a lot of situational pass rushing. I wouldn't be surprised to see the man earn a new contract if he makes it through the season.

I can't wait to laugh in the face of everybody who thinks Troup is gone. I should start writing everyone's name down. Of course, that could all backfire on me when he does get cut lol.

MERRIMAN. Will not be cut. Period. Just thought you should know big guy. He could last the whole season after having his Achilles fixed up this off season and he should have a big year. He's looked explosive in camp (in case you haven't heard) and very fast. He's probably ahead of Kelsay on the depth chart but Chan doesn't want to wear him out by making him a starter right after his surgery right away, so he will be doing a lot of situational pass rushing. I wouldn't be surprised to see the man earn a new contract if he makes it through the season.

One note about Merriman that may have gone unnoticed, he has gotten ALOT of work these two preseason games. i gotta think he is healthy. finally.

That's what I hear from the training camp reports but he hasn't made a peep in either of the two preseason games and when Dareus and Williams have gone out the Bills interior run defense has gone out with them. If the Bills had any real prospects behind him I'd cut him in a second, but unfortunately Carrington, Troup and Heard have been unable to step up for various reasons so we may be stuck with him.

1 tackle 1 assist v Redskins, 2 tackles and a sack v Vikes sounds like more than a peep given the amount of time he was in the game. It's about as much as any of the #1s and more than some. But maybe your def. of peep in the preseason is more stringent, in which case none of the Bills DL have made a peep.

I didn't see the interior run defense as being worse with the # 2s. There was the 41 yd scramble by Webb when they lost contain, not a worry against Ponder. Otherwise they seemed to do pretty well. What do you feel I'm missing?

Edwards has always been a quality NFL player.

Edited by Hopeful

The locks: Ma. Williams/Anderson/Dareus/K. Williams/Kelsay/Sp. Johnson

Merriman and Edwards aren't locks only because they have large salaries, but I say both will make the final roster.

That's eight pretty darn good DLs.

Heard and Carrington and Moore could be fighting for one more spot. Troup won't be kept because he's not healthy and hasn't been able to show what he can do.

Because Heard hasn't been healthy I don't think he will make it.

Thus, it will come down to Carrington and Moore for the final spot. Carrington has the edge because he can play both DT and DE, but Moore is really starting to come on so it's too tough to call right now.

Why does everyone think Troup is going to the IR? At best and uninjured he is only a depth player. With his nagging injuries and under performance he is low man on the totem pole, so why would the Bills waste a spot, PS, roster, IR, etc on him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best. So again, why would the Bills waste time, team spot and salary on somebody who can be easily replaced from the FA market. I don't understand the IR logic, makes no sense.

1 tackle 1 assist v Redskins, 2 tackles and a sack v Vikes sounds like more than a peep given the amount of time he was in the game. It's about as much as any of the #1s and more than some. But maybe your def. of peep in the preseason is more stringent, in which case none of the Bills DL have made a peep.

I didn't see the interior run defense as being worse with the # 2s. There was the 41 yd scramble by Webb when they lost contain, not a worry against Ponder. Otherwise they seemed to do pretty well. What do you feel I'm missing?

Edwards has always been a quality NFL player.

Maybe I'm being unfair to him, but I tried to watch him whenever he was out there and it just looked very easy to handle him on the vast majority of plays. I believe that Wanny rotated him and S Johnson in with the Vikings first string offense still out there a little at they really got moved around. I don't blame him. He's playing out of position but with his age and being on the downside of his career I would really like to see a replacement on the roster.