Which QB from the past few years do you wish we had drafted or signed?

major

I remember some fans on this board wanting us to draft Colt McCoy, Christian Ponder, Gabbert, Jimmy Clausen, etc...

I also remember hearing that our Bills toyed with the idea of bringing Michael Vick here when TO signed.

All that to say, if you had it to do over again, which QB do you wish we had signed?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Ponder. I know Gailey liked him. He is going to be a good NFL QB. Also, Russell Wilson. I think Seattle got themselves a very good QB in round 3 or 4? Anyway, the last few years haven't really offered a lot, QB wise. I also like Colt McCoy. Now, all these QB's are the kind I think Gailey could have worked with, and I think all of them will prove to be good QB's in the NFL.

Oh - and one more comes to mind. I really thought Alabama's Greg McElroy would end up being a good 2nd string QB - a game manager, really good support QB for a first stringer, and smart enough to come in and manage a few wins. Those are my picks recently overlooked (best suited for Gailey's Bills offense).

Now - if I could pick one QB from any that have come out in the last 3 years? It'd be Cam Newton. I think Andrew Luck and Griffin III will be excellent QB's - but what Newton brings to the NFL field simply cannot be gameplanned for, or defended. He's like a high schooler playing with junior high kids, and that against the biggest, fastest, strongest athletes in the world. He will allow Carolina to do things no one else can do.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Easy answer in terms of the draft based on value and upside. Mallet. We could have had him in the 3rd round when he was a first round talent and he could have sat and learned for two years.

FA the only guy would have been Vick that we went after that would have been nice if we got.

Well apparently Goodell told Vick not to go to Buffalo but that's a story for another day. How about Andy Dalton? I know he's only been around for a year but the kid is the future of that team. Stepped in immedaitely and carried a team that most people thought would be awful to the playoffs. Helps that he had AJ Green to reel in passes from him but he definitely would have been worth our second round pick in retrospect. Who would you rather have, Aaron Williams or Dalton?

I would have said Mike Vick, but Juaron was coach at the time IIRC. That probably wouldn't have worked out so well. Plus, didn't the commissioner put an end to that?

Aaron Rodgers, but he would have started right away. His mechanics back then were horrible.

Colin Kapernick. Only cause he's a local boy.

Maybe its just me...but I would have rather have not traded with Dallas to Draft JP Losman in 2004...and instead grabbed Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

Man...its always easy in hindsight to make these kinds of decisions, but how much different would the last 8 years have been if we just made that one small change.

I would like to congradulate all of the posters of this thread, and all it's viewers.. as not one of you had mentioned Tebow, to this point.

You should all be applauded.

Bravo.

12 posts in for first Tebow mention! Thanks. Hahahahaha

Wouldve picked up Vick, otherwise we really havent been in great position for a qb, maybe locker who I had a mini man crush on and even after yesterday I still think hes going to be a stud. Also to whomever said Dalton, dalton isnt good he is incredibly overrated and was completely found out by the end of last season.

Wow, Ive never heard anyone hate on Dalton before. I wouldnt say hes great but he ain't turrible

Drew Brees in 2001... honestly liked him coming out of college - honestly never saw him being this good and... honestly know that he'd be out of the league 5+ years ago if he had been coached by the guys that ran our team back then...