What are you expecting tonight,Bills vs the Vikings?

HOUSE

I am expecting a big game from Vince Young and a quarterback controversy on Saturday morning.

Just got this feeling deep inside my stomach but it could be just gas..... :cry:

Also, sacks by Shawne Merriman and Mario Williams.

I believe it will be a much better game then last week with less penalties.

Its only preseason but I still love watching the games,,,,,,,

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Young has a big game and begins to crystallize as the best #2 option, I think that will begin putting to rest any chance of there actually being a QB controversy.

I also expect and hope the O-line will not have ants in their pants this time.

I expect to see a little of the running game, even if it's nice and vanilla (don't want to give New Jersey too much of a heads-up on how we'll be utilizing our two-headed monster at RB). Will also be curious to see how the White/Choice #3 RB battle continues to play out.

Edited by jimmyo

i'm expecting the bills to come out and engineer situations on both offense and defense to see how specific players react in certain situations, to narrow down some of the fringe positional battles.

i'm expecting chan to run the same, very basic offensive sets with vince and thigpen, that utilize 4-5 wideouts, to have film on how they're going through their progressions.

i'm expecting the starters to play 20 plays, the backups to get the majority of the action.

as you can see, i'm expecting (like every preseason game in the history of the national football league,) that the coaches will have stopped looking at the scoreboard sometime between when potter tees the ball up for opening kick off, and when potter actually makes contact with the ball, sending it into the night, and beginning the game.

and lastly, despite my last expectation, i'm expecting to not enjoy coming to twobillsdrive.com again until the middle of next week, when the reactionary threads about the RESULT of this scrimmage have fallen to the bottom of the page, and there are good discussions about positional battles going on again.

because this is what happens every. single. preseason. scrimmage.

Edited by JohnnyGold

I could definetly see this as another Skelton/Kolb situation, but lets wait and not push it. Kolb and Fitz are both "oops we gave you too much money guys" IMO.

The VY possibility of a #1 however should only be discussed if times get tough. No QB controversy needed yet.

I am expecting a big game from Vince Young and a quarterback controversy on Saturday morning.

Just got this feeling deep inside my stomach but it could be just gas..... :cry:

Also, sacks by Shawne Merriman and Mario Williams.

I believe it will be a much better game then last week with a lot less penalties.

I think Vince will have a good enough game to probably solidify his spot as the backup. Nothing more and nothing less. He will not be the starter unless Fitz is hurt or we are 0-6 to start the season.

I expect to see crisp play from the 1st string O (no false starts, for example). Chan said they'll get 20 plays, and I expect about a 10-10 mix of run and pass since the run is being emphasized. I expect CJ to make a defender look silly on at least one run.

I really do expect VY to play well and take the lead in the #2 battle. I expect TJ Graham to get behind the defense for a bomb.

On defense, I expect to see more pressure on the QB, and I expect Carrington, Heard, and Moore to get lots of playing time as the coaches evaluate whether they deserve a roster spot.

hmm..I expect the first team in for a few more series, more reps with no-huddle and it becoming considerably more effective. Lots of passing again, in order to sort out the quality of receivers and get Fitz used to them. I expect the defensive line to come together, as the lineup seems to have jelled. See all sorts of linebacking combinations as the staff sees who they are going to keep and even how many they can keep. Sparing use of the running game, just enough to give the starters some reps and familiarity with the o-line.

Young should make a statement this game. I'm curious why Brad gets a pass as the number 3 for wildcat purposes when Young is probably a better runner. I'm not saying for sure I would take Vince over Brad, just wonder why he isn't discussed in the mix for that. The three qb is the disaster back as much as the wildcat back, and if we take them both into the mix, I suspect Young would be a serious candidate.

hmm..I expect the first team in for a few more series, more reps with no-huddle and it becoming considerably more effective. Lots of passing again, in order to sort out the quality of receivers and get Fitz used to them. I expect the defensive line to come together, as the lineup seems to have jelled. See all sorts of linebacking combinations as the staff sees who they are going to keep and even how many they can keep. Sparing use of the running game, just enough to give the starters some reps and familiarity with the o-line.

Young should make a statement this game. I'm curious why Brad gets a pass as the number 3 for wildcat purposes when Young is probably a better runner. I'm not saying for sure I would take Vince over Brad, just wonder why he isn't discussed in the mix for that. The three qb is the disaster back as much as the wildcat back, and if we take them both into the mix, I suspect Young would be a serious candidate.

I beg to differ. Not at the stage in his career.

-The first team offense shows it's pretty face.

-VY outplays Tyler to pretty much seal the deal on the #2 spot.

-Glenn holds it down against Allen.

-McKillop leads the team in tackles again and is in talk for locking up 2nd MLB spot.

-2 of the starting 4 get at least one sack.

-Spiller looks better than Freddie. Again.

-Ruvell Martin breaks his leg and frees up a spot for Easley.

Edited by DukeyBomb

I expect Cordy Glenn to get a warm "welcome to the NFL" moment in the form of a speed rush by Jared Allen. It's a GREAT test for the kid in a game that doesn't count.

I expect to see better execution from our starters.

GO BILLS!!!

I expect to see the game on TV live. :flirt:

I expect an onsides kick or two, as they were practicing that this week at Fisher.

I also expect Cordy Glenn to allow a sack against Jared Allen when Thigpen's in there.

I expect 3 INT, one each from Gilmore, Brooks, and Isaiah Green.

I expect massive success running (won't count because of the Vikes' run defense woes.)

Edited by Astrobot

I don't expect much from preseason games other than better performance than the prior week.

I will pay attention to the linebacker corp, left tackle, the 3rd running back battle, and the QB play.