What can Sparano do?

The guy was the first to implement the wildcat in the NFL and whipped the Pats pretty bad when it was new. He found a way to get Reggie Bush going when his career was questionable. He is creative and he has speed at receiver and a fairly solid offensive line that may be getting a bit old in the tooth but still strong.

We stopped Tebow last year as his wildcat was fairly ineffective and the wildcat as a whole is not as effective as it used to be.

All of this coverage of the wildcat and Tebow. I can't think that it is anything that the Bills shouldn't be fully prepared for. Does anyone think this is wrong?

The guy was the first to implement the wildcat in the NFL and whipped the Pats pretty bad when it was new. He found a way to get Reggie Bush going when his career was questionable. He is creative and he has speed at receiver and a fairly solid offensive line that may be getting a bit old in the tooth but still strong.

We stopped Tebow last year as his wildcat was fairly ineffective and the wildcat as a whole is not as effective as it used to be.

All of this coverage of the wildcat and Tebow. I can't think that it is anything that the Bills shouldn't be fully prepared for. Does anyone think this is wrong?

Actualy, He (Sparano) pulled David Lee aside on the flight home after a loss to the Cards and started asking him about the Wild Cat. It was David Lee's baby but some how Tony got credit because he was the HC. So you guys having someone on yer staff who knows more about the Cat than Tony does. Im sure Chan will use that knowlege.

Edited by LandShark13

Actualy, He pulled David Lee aside on the flight home after a loss to the Cards and started asking him about the Wild Cat. It was David Lee's baby but some how Tony got credit because he was the HC. So you guys having someone on yer staff who knows more about the Cat than Tony does. Im sure Chan will use that knowlege.

Signed in to post this, but Dolphins fan beat me to it. Well played, teal lover.

I love how the Jets are playing up this "secret Wildcat" angle. They practiced it yesterday and swore the media to secrecy.

Friggin' hilarious.

It is hilarious.

I love how Rex thinks that this will make the Jest tough to prepare for as well. Because we won't be abel to focus on one specific offense. Does he realize there's a flip side to that as well. If they are busy practicing 2 types of offenses, his own QB's may not be getting the time needed to practice the offense. With the Jest having problems with their offense last year, is it really smart to be cutting the time up so you can practice this?

It is hilarious.

I love how Rex thinks that this will make the Jest tough to prepare for as well. Because we won't be abel to focus on one specific offense. Does he realize there's a flip side to that as well. If they are busy practicing 2 types of offenses, his own QB's may not be getting the time needed to practice the offense. With the Jest having problems with their offense last year, is it really smart to be cutting the time up so you can practice this?

Thats what i keep thinking. So they might run the wildcat 15% of the time all year. Well that takes snaps away from your franchise QB. All this huffing and puffing really make me think the Jets are just trying to be cute because they lack talent

Actualy, He (Sparano) pulled David Lee aside on the flight home after a loss to the Cards and started asking him about the Wild Cat. It was David Lee's baby but some how Tony got credit because he was the HC. So you guys having someone on yer staff who knows more about the Cat than Tony does. Im sure Chan will use that knowlege.

Good post phins fan. It's funny how many times "logical"'s posts have very little to do with actual facts, which would obviously make sense, given his pompous user name, and more about his off-the-cuff opinions, which, of course, have no basis in reality at all.

The wildcat won't be hugely successfull again untill such a time comes that a team will throw 50% of their time out of the wildcat. As it is now it's simply a they are going to run it play or have a wannabee qb fail hardcore in trying to throw the ball.

That said the Jets are potentially that team, as much as I hate to say it. We could be to, would we use Young as wildcat qb instead of Smith.

Is the bolded part true? I thought WR was one of their biggest weaknesses.

(PS- I love the fact that A.Cromartie thinks he is God's gift to offense and defense.....and p!ssin off his teamates in the process!).