Marcus Easley....the new James Hardy

K-Gun10

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potentially, Easley has a lot of potential. And so does my grundle. :flirt: .

He may not do anything with the opportunity he has been given, but I will pull for him. He is a monster physically and the bigger/stronger a guy seems to be, the better football player he will be if he can master the fundamentals. Is it just me, or did people not get super jazzed about him after that picture surfaced last summer of all our wideouts working out w Fitz and Easley was far more jacked than anyone else?

I wish Easley all the best, but I've said this many, many times: it's insane to count on Easley as a starter after 2 years sitting out. I'd be pissed if Gailey were counting on Easley, because it would show that he doesn't have an alternative plan for a guy who has so far missed the entirety of his first two seasons to injury. It's like what some people chastize the team for in its approach to Merriman, without any history of dominant NFL play to fall back upon. I'm sure Easley's in better football shape and more mentally prepared to play on this team, than, say, me. But he's not competing with me, he's competing with guys who are there every day fighting for the position.

He has very enticing potential, but the Bills are not and should not be in the business of shepherding along prospects at this point. They should be contending for the playoffs and more, and if Easley can't help them do that at some point this year, better than can Hagan or Roosevelt or Jones, the Bills have to give serious thought as to whether Easley belongs on the roster. If he's as talented as some here believe, he shouldn't have any trouble beating those three out. But he's certainly not the lock to start or even make the team that many here have touted him to be based on his one year at UConn or two-thirds of three preseason games and limited training camp time.

It's clear that no one is counting on Easley to be the starter, otherwise he'd be there already. They are giving him a chance to fight for a roster spot, nothing more, nothing less. If he ends up being amazing, sure, he'll be the starter. But until then Donald Jones is #2 with TJ nipping at his heels.

It's clear that no one is counting on Easley to be the starter, otherwise he'd be there already. They are giving him a chance to fight for a roster spot, nothing more, nothing less. If he ends up being amazing, sure, he'll be the starter. But until then Donald Jones is #2 with TJ nipping at his heels.

I can't imagine. Folks around these parts were, but I'm glad it's Gailey, and not them, running the team.

Potentially, Easley has a lot of potential. And so does my grundle. :flirt: .

He may not do anything with the opportunity he has been given, but I will pull for him. He is a monster physically and the bigger/stronger a guy seems to be, the better football player he will be if he can master the fundamentals. Is it just me, or did people not get super jazzed about him after that picture surfaced last summer of all our wideouts working out w Fitz and Easley was far more jacked than anyone else?

uh..............

I do think a Bills WR cut, whoever it is, will get signed by the Pats.

PTR

It sounds like Hagen has impressed Gailey as well. The question becomes does Easley make the roster based on size, speed and potential? Or does Roosevelt make it based on past performance?

Besides I would hate to see Roosevelt in a Pats uniform.

Don't even in say that because Roosevelt would be a great Wes Welker understudy. You can see him excelling at the role. :sick: :sick: :sick:

I live in Charlotte NC and was in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago on vacation. I'm a fan with no real experience of evaluating players. But I went to spring training August 3rd and thought Easley looked very good. I paid close attention to the receivers not only because that's one of more interesting battles, but because a couple days prior to the 3rd Chan mentioned he didn't see much out of them.

In saying all the above I thought Easley showed promise. He caught some nice balls, showed good hands, looked healthy, and basically represented himself well in that particular practice in my opinion.

Don't even in say that because Roosevelt would be a great Wes Welker understudy. You can see him excelling at the role. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Given the amount if time roosevelt spent on the PS where he could have already been signed by the pats*, I doubt belicheat is waiting with baited breath for the bills to cut roosevelt.

Lets face the truth, if Roosie wasn't from UB, no one would even give him a second thought. He'd be considered camp fodder by the board.

1 catch - 12 yards? Whoa!!

I'll be very surprised if Easley makes the 53 man roster.

And what did the 7 year vet(Hagan) alot of people are placing ahead of Easley have? He didn't even show up on the stat sheet while Easley had A run, A catch and A KO return, which is 3 more items Easley had on the stat sheet than Hagan. Not saying Easley is the next coming of Reed, but if you want to bust a guy on production you might want to look a little harder

I thought Easley was a lock but now I'm wondering if Roosevelt is making himself too valuable? They guy knows the offense and catches anything thrown to him.

PTR

The other thing on Roosevelt, you know he is going to field the punt with sure hands. I liken watching McK field punts to playing a slot machine.

its like the fanbase has decided this guy is good when he has done nothing

Agreed. He really has done/proven nothing. Zilch. Everyone's expecting him to be something. Hard to see what you have when you're hurt for 2 straight seasons