Seahawks have a good problem to have

D521646

I watched intently last night as NFLN ran the Hawks/Titans game and I have to tell you that I was impressed with Russell Wilson. So much so that I remembered a few here on TBD wanting to take him in the draft and me quietly scawffing at the idea. Well, I was wrong. The kid looks to be very good and WILL start in the NFL someday soon, IMO. He's like a minature Cam Newton, but faster, and I think a stronger arm.

Thoughts?

Tim-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched intently last night as NFLN ran the Hawks/Titans game and I have to tell you that I was impressed with Russell Wilson. So much so that I remembered a few here on TBD wanting to take him in the draft and me quietly scawffing at the idea. Well, I was wrong. The kid looks to be very good and WILL start in the NFL someday soon, IMO. He's like a minature Cam Newton, but faster, and I think a stronger arm.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Honestly, Russ wasn't even really trying. JUST WAIT. -U ain't seen nothing outta this kid yet.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Told you guys...I knew this guy was the real deal and Chan could do so much with him. Its all good, athletic QBs with big arms and accuracy on the run come along all the time ;)

I mention how Keuchly is playing in the same way you mention Wilson and the whole world came down on top of my head on this damn board lol.

Anyway. You're right. He looked awesome, I wanted Russell Wilson as well on our team. They also have a good problem at WR and CB. That team is stacked and can do some damage. I like them for their future as well as the Bengals and our team. I really want a new QB though to groom behind fitz.

Watched Wilson play a few times while at Wisconsin and he is a real talent. Two things about him which probably won't show up in the preseason against vanilla defenses: He's 5'-11" and will he be able to read full-speed NFL defenses? Just a gut feeling that he'll have problems in the regular season but we'll have to wait to see. Should be at minimum a good backup QB.

Hall of Fame player. I don't remember the last time a player had the talent to make the hall of fame in his first pre-season.

lol...

Aside from the one big "oops", the kid showed some mojo out there. Reminded me of JP in his first preseason

<p>

I mention how Keuchly is playing in the same way you mention Wilson and the whole world came down on top of my head on this damn board lol.

That's because Buffalo NEVER had a chance at Keuchly, he was taken before the Bills first pick,

<p>That's because Buffalo NEVER had a chance at Keuchly, he was taken before the Bills first pick,

SO what, I was talking about how well he's doing. It would have came down to Gilmore of Keuchly had the Panthers taken Gilmore which they were very high on him as well. I remember a few rumors saying Panthers might take him because they graded him higher than Claiborne. Anyway...

Who's ready to move up in the draft for Barkely?!

Wilson had a good first partial game against some second stringers, but while i like the guy and was one of those who wanted the Bills to draft him (no earlier than late 3rd early 4th) I'd say the praise is a little over the top at this point. Watching the game i was surprised how uncomfotable Wilson still looks in the pocket. He was great on the move, but if Tenn had actually game planned for him and forced him to throw from the pocket I think they would have feasted on a QB who looks to have a LONG way to go. If Wilson really is a good as some are saying he'll get a chance to show it soon enough because Flynn also seemed Bradford esqe in his inability to extend beyond a 10 yard range....but perhaps that is a rush to judgement too, just one game into the preseason.

Edited by DC Grid

In the scrimmage like atmosphere of early pre season a little scrambler like Wilson will look his best. The value of that will diminish with the offensive sophistication and defensive game planning of reg season. Nearly all coaches know this

good call. every year like amnesia i forget dont believe draft pick hype... good thing I ignored it for fantasy ball with cam newton last year haha

The Bills could have taken Russell Wilson but instead chose to move up to draft T.J. Graham.

Graham was drafted at #69… Wilson at #75.

I hope the Bills made the right choice here.

Doubt it, This was one of the dumbest moves Nix has made. Not only did he waste a draft pick to move up two whole spots, they could have gotten Grham in the 5th so we could have had Wilson in the 3rd or BJ Coleman in the 7th

Doubt it, This was one of the dumbest moves Nix has made. Not only did he waste a draft pick to move up two whole spots, they could have gotten Grham in the 5th so we could have had Wilson in the 3rd or BJ Coleman in the 7th

hmm do you think maybe that Nix had an inkling someone was going to pick him before us? I can see no other reason for moving up. I too was a bit baffled about it but I unlike you think there must of been a reason. My guess is the Skins or Jags were going to take him, I mean the Jags took a punter (a real wtf? pick there) and the Skins well they were ready to trade back, so just think those 2 things through and that is just the picks around us. Who knows about later in the round and the beginning of the 4th.

First of all, giving up an extra 7th rounder is not "wasting" a draft pick; 7th rounders are essentially UDFA pickups. Secondly, Buddy has intimated they felt the need to move up because TJ was the guy they had targeted and felt another team (Jags if I recall) were preparing to take him.

Feel free to debate whether you THINK the Bills should have drafted Russell Wilson rather than a speedy WR, but you're going too far to presume you KNOW what they should or shouldn't have done.

Edited by eball