Lee Evans released

silvermike

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me that he is done, although all teams in the Jags position would keep a younger guy over a guy like Evans unless he was going to play a lot. Fred Jackson wants Evans back on the Bills and according to Tim Graham probably has already called him about it. So he couldn't have left under bad circumstances.

I've been saying it for so long now, Lee Evans was never a legit nfl wr. he had great offensive tackles and guards who consistently covered up for his mistakes and physical limitations (short pudgy fingers).

trust me

id take him back. hes still better than donald duck, and if graham drops a long td pass I know we'll all be wishing it was sill evans hauling it in. I still think hes fast. Who says hes lost a step? which one of you timed his last 40? I dont trust the jags talent selection much either. look at gabbert.

Who knows more and better about the Bills, Fred Jackson or me and you.

"I think he can make us better. We have great core guys here anyway, but I'm hoping something happens for him. I'm definitely going to get on the phone with him now, see how he's feeling."

I got the impression Jackson would grab his phone before he grabbed a towel. So I asked if he thought the 31-year-old Evans would be amenable to a return.

"I'm sure he would," Jackson said. "He was here a couple months ago, right after he signed with Jacksonville. I asked him if he had any thoughts about coming here, and he said he definitely would not mind it at all. We'll see what happens. I'll get a feel for how he's feeling."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/

I've been saying it for so long now, Lee Evans was never a legit nfl wr. he had great offensive tackles and guards who consistently covered up for his mistakes and physical limitations (short pudgy fingers).

trust me

Did Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker help him tape his fingers with double sided tape?

id take him back. hes still better than donald duck, and if graham drops a long td pass I know we'll all be wishing it was sill evans hauling it in. I still think hes fast. Who says hes lost a step? which one of you timed his last 40? I dont trust the jags talent selection much either. look at gabbert.

Ravens let him go also.

before he was traded buddy in a very diplomatic way came right out and said lee refused to do the downfield blocking that is required in chans system. lee wanted to stay on the outside and not touch anybody and that just wouldnt work here. thats why he cant come back either

before he was traded buddy in a very diplomatic way came right out and said lee refused to do the downfield blocking that is required in chans system. lee wanted to stay on the outside and not touch anybody and that just wouldnt work here. thats why he cant come back either

^This. Gailey insists that every receiver be able to play each position AND be able to block, which was never one of Evans' strong suits. And he was very timid about going over the middle. Now there are those here that will insist that he would but they're confusing look-ins, slants, and posts with crossing patterns.

GO BILLS!!!

^This. Gailey insists that every receiver be able to play each position AND be able to block, which was never one of Evans' strong suits. And he was very timid about going over the middle. Now there are those here that will insist that he would but they're confusing look-ins, slants, and posts with crossing patterns.

GO BILLS!!!

im sure he blocked better than the 168lb Parrish, whom they kept that year. Lee was strong and i dont remember him not blocking ever.

I just want to see the evidence then, we have over what, 100 games to watch on lee evans? Can anyone youtube a play or post an article link where someone besides a board member said he wont go over the middle? I saw hundreds apon hundreds of check downs by captain check down, several dropped balls by SJ and TO, but where is the tape where evans just stops running a pattern, or even shies away from a defender? please youtube it or cut and paste it. PLEASE!

Edited by loserlovers

im sure he blocked better than the 168lb Parrish, whom they kept that year. Lee was strong and i dont remember him not blocking ever.

I just want to see the evidence then, we have over what, 100 games to watch on lee evans? Can anyone youtube a play or post an article link where someone besides a board member said he wont go over the middle? I saw hundreds apon hundreds of check downs by captain check down, several dropped balls by SJ and TO, but where is the tape where evans just stops running a pattern, or even shies away from a defender? please youtube it or cut and paste it. PLEASE!

Well we're up to two issues now… blocking, and the willingness to go over the middle.

Rhetorically speaking, what if someone asked you to provide proof that Evans will go over the middle?

Who bears the burden of proof on this?

I will say this. Most wideouts who are fearless have the reputation of being fearless. Not every wideout is comfortable going over the middle and sacrificing his body so in that sense, Evans is not necessarily in the minority.

Well we're up to two issues now… blocking, and the willingness to go over the middle.

Rhetorically speaking, what if someone asked you to provide proof that Evans will go over the middle?

Who bears the burden of proof on this?

I will say this. Most wideouts who are fearless have the reputation of being fearless. Not every wideout is comfortable going over the middle and sacrificing his body so in that sense, Evans is not necessarily in the minority.

I don't often blame them for that either, especially the smaller players. Even if you're making millions, it's not worth being crippled.

I'm not gonna revisit the whole pissing match from last August when Lee was traded. You need to see proof of him NOT going over the middle on YouTube? I'm not sure how we do that. Perhaps we can see a video of him running an underneath crossing route? Anyway, here are comments from Gailey last year. What do you think he means?

http://www.buffaloru...y-buffalo-bills

As for Parrish, even at 168 lbs. he was a better blocker and middle of the field player.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Lee Evans is over the football hill now so I'm probably beating a dead horse, but for the sake of argument I ask if Lee Evans isn't good blocking or going over the middle, then why does the coach insist that he do those things? Why not put him in a position to be successful?

Edited by vincec