QB will be the reason we still can't get it done

Toshiero

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz isnt there to win us games, he is there to manage games and give us the opportunity to win. Thats what he did when we were winning. Let our defense keeps us in the game, the running game make most of the yards and only use the pass when needed if fitz passes for 200 odd yards 1 or 2 TD's and 1 INT max then we will be able in a position to win most games.

Edited by aussiebills

Since when does an offensive performance in pre-season mean anything? The FACT is that Fitz looked great in the beginning of last year before he broke his ribs and our WR/OLine/Freddy were cut down by injuries. Your pessimism is pretty annoying, but I'm sure you'll jump right back on the wagon without hesitation when this TEAM is successful. Your use of "we" is actually insulting. You're nothing but a troll, please leave this site to knowledgeable Bills fans.

Edited by Mark80

I wasnt worried about fitz as much as not running a single play in a formation other then shotgun, we have 2 excellent running backs we need to use them.

In preseason, why does anything *need* to be done?

If Jackson and Spiller have looked good in practice and seem to have their roles down, why would not work on the problem areas?

Edited by jeremy2020

Overall, the entire offensive side of the ball needs to execute better!

1. overthrown balls and underthrown balls

2. costly holding and false start penalties

3. all QB's had issues scanning the field and following through with their respective targets

Good thing is...this is only the first preseason game and these games are tools to work out the kinks for the regular season.

Fitz isnt there to win us games, he is there to manage games and give us the opportunity to win. Thats what he did when we were winning. Let our defense keeps us in the game, the running game make most of the yards and only use the pass when needed if fitz passes for 200 odd yards 1 or 2 TD's and 1 INT max then we will be able in a position to win most games.

Well if our QB isn't going to win us any games.. then we really are in trouble

In preseason, why does anything *need* to be done?

If Jackson and Spiller have looked good in practice and seem to have their roles down, why would not work on the problem areas?

Nope - tonight obviously proves we're going shotgun, spread and passing 100% of the time. I just hope they abandon this every position by committee thing they ran tonight and just use the starters all game come September.

Oh? Wait? Tonight was a practice but on tv? Disregard me acting like any strategy was relevant or equated to a real game.

Odds are they knew they only had 10 or so plays penciled in and they wanted to see the route running and pass blocking against starting defenders. If you split it 50-50 suddenly those 10 plays only give you 5 passes.

Fits absolutely stunk. Thigpen was worse. Vince had a couple of runs/scrambles that you could plan a game around but was still less than impressive but certainly has way more upside than Thigpen.

Thigpen, you're cut.

But tonight left me with an odd feeling being there and watching it. Brad Smith, also sucked. However he seemed to have a command out there that Thigpen and Vince did not. I was quite surpised by that and would actually like to explore that over the next three pre season games.

I'm saying it now that I saw potential in Brad Smith to be the backup qb. The most gloriously over paid backup of course but a capable guy possibly. Interesting to see how that plays out over the rest of the pre season.

And for anyone freaking out about Fitz I get it. But I am certain he will be average or better once the season starts and there is enough talent on both sides of the ball to overcome his inadequacies and yes I think I spelled that wrong.

Go Bills. At least one goal plost is coming down after we clinch the division against the Jets in the last regular season game this year!

I wasnt worried about fitz as much as not running a single play in a formation other then shotgun, we have 2 excellent running backs we need to use them.

I actually loved we didnt run the ball. We know they can run the ball, Freddy and Spiller are great, our passing game however needs work. Why not work on it exclusivly against live competition

7/19 50 yards a fumble and a pick, no tds

That's the combined stat line of Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Fitz isn't great but he is good. He played pretty unremarkably tonight. Odds are his coaching didnt suddenly make him a new great player. We have no idea what he was asked to do though, and in the end it doesn't really matter yet.

I actually loved we didnt run the ball. We know they can run the ball, Freddy and Spiller are great, our passing game however needs work. Why not work on it exclusivly against live competition

Don't you know, even in practice play calling must be 50-50. Even if your only expecting a 10 play window on the day.

7/19 50 yards a fumble and a pick, no tds

That's the combined stat line of Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Fitz isn't great but he is good. He played pretty unremarkably tonight. Odds are his coaching didnt suddenly make him a new great player. We have no idea what he was asked to do though, and in the end it doesn't really matter yet.

Don't you know, even in practice play calling must be 50-50. Even if your only expecting a 10 play window on the day.

Difference is Brady, Brees and Rodgers did not suck in 2011 and need not prove themselves. Fitz did, and does.

Difference is Brady, Brees and Rodgers did not suck in 2011 and need not prove themselves. Fitz did, and does.

Problem is its still preseason. You can say that all you want, it doesn't change that tonight was a 10-15 play practice session and that's it. It wasn't a game.

Dude, now that I'm home, and I've had a chance to check the box score....I find that I was right: we didn't call a single running play until 9:45 of the 2nd quarter...long after the 1s were out of the game.

Now, I am I supposed to believe that this is how the O will work this year? Come on. They were trying to throw at every single WR/RB. Fred got 3 reps and was out, with 1 ball thrown his way? Nelson gets 2 reps with 0 balls. We threw at least once to every other guy.

This was a practice...with the intention of putting on a vanilla set of plays, intentionally throwing at everybody, and seeing who could make plays even though the D knew what was coming. In contrast, the Redskins didn't do any of that with their 1st offense. No. They ran a gameplan, and I don't blame them because RG3 needs a lot of work. They might as well start now, and he has to be the focus.

Instead, for us, this was a painfully obvious WR/RB/TE ball catching/rout running clinic....and certainly not "what can we have Fitz do to beat the Redskins".

Judging Fitz on this agenda just isn't accurate. We weren't running our offense as much as we were seeing "can this guy beat his guy on this kind of rout?".