How did some of the new Bills look?

I know pre season doesnt show much but how did Mario & Gilmore look?

If they play as advertised this year..playoffless streak is over!

Go Bills

I missed half the game, never saw Mario even though I looked for him. I did notice one thing, skins never ran to Andersons side, and he was in quite a bit when I was watching.

Mario almost took the handoff on one of those early running plays and Merriman blew up another one in the backfield that they had to hold him on. For a first pre-season game where you really aren't scheming at all, I think they looked fantastic.

Mario almost took the handoff on one of those early running plays and Merriman blew up another one in the backfield that they had to hold him on. For a first pre-season game where you really aren't scheming at all, I think they looked fantastic.

Yeah Merriman looking real good. Stay healthy please. That was a hell of a nice run by White also.

I went to the game tonight focused and ready to watch certain guys. But I gotta be honest ..... All the flags and bad QB play from Thigpen and Grossman/Cousins slowed the game down so much it was hard to stay interested. I was excited when the game started and then spent a lot of time talking with my buddies and making beer runs. I thought the DLine looked good at times but there were tackling issues too.

I went to the game tonight focused and ready to watch certain guys. But I gotta be honest ..... All the flags and bad QB play from Thigpen and Grossman/Cousins slowed the game down so much it was hard to stay interested. I was excited when the game started and then spent a lot of time talking with my buddies and making beer runs. I thought the DLine looked good at times but there were tackling issues too.

You thought it was hard to stay interested? I was watching on the internet and the video was 3 seconds behind the audio so as the players where getting set I would hear the announcer say" flag on the play." "incomplete." I am still waiting for the snap!

I thought the DLine looked good at times but there were tackling issues too.

That's because we rarely tackle in practice. The NFL wants to prevent injuries but this backwards thinking of not hitting and tackling in practice is why players are hurt more than ever and cant tackle to save their lives.

Gilmore looked good, but was relatively un-tested. Got plastered by an OT on the Garcon touchdown, but that is to be expected....

Glenn got taken "to the woodshed" by Orakpo on the first play, but seemed to improve as the 1st quarter progressed.

T.J. Graham impessed with his improved route running ability (leading the Bills receivers 3 rec/37 yds), but was severely underthrown on one play in which he had his defender smoked by like 15-20 yards....underthrown by Thigpen and intercepted. Had another good play nullified (a reverse) consequent to a holding penalty from Clowney.

Nigel Bradham got some work with the 2nd and 3rd team at OLB. I wasn't impressed, although he did appear to make an impact in special teams.

Ron Brooks got a really nice interception, as he made a really nice play on an underthrown pass by Kirk Cousins. Solid game overall.

Zebrie Sanders played some at RT in the 4th quarter. I watched him closely, and wasn't completely disappointed. Seemed to hold his own (against 4th stringers)...particularly in pass protection.

Tank Carder played really well (IMO) as he seemed to be very active at ILB with the 2nd and 3rd team. He had one 15 yard face-masking penalty, but overall, I was really impressed with his play. Seems to be very quick getting from sideline to sideline and is a good hitter/tackler.

Mark Asper seemed pretty weak in his time at LG.

Potter was the MVP of the rookie class as he booted all three kickoffs through the endzone for a touchback. Two of them I think (but could be mistaken) he kicked right through the up-rights and into the stands.

-. Starting D looked great untill Kelsay and Edwards were subbed in for the second series.

-. Merriman looked great and very explosive.

-. O-line looked it's usual mess.

-. Fitz calling his own plays didn´t seem to add anything, rather take away.

-. Potter looks like the real deal.

-. David Clowney has potential if his hands are good (Reminded me of a certain SJ).

-. Lot's of talent amongst the DBs.

-. McKelvin; he is always so far off his receiver that he's nearly late or simply too late for the tackle; forget about making a play on the ball. I'm no fan of him.

-. Starting D looked great untill Kelsay and Edwards were subbed in for the second series.

-. Merriman looked great and very explosive.

-. O-line looked it's usual mess.

-. Fitz calling his own plays didn´t seem to add anything, rather take away.

-. Potter looks like the real deal.

-. David Clowney has potential if his hands are good (Reminded me of a certain SJ).

-. Lot's of talent amongst the DBs.

-. McKelvin; he is always so far off his receiver that he's nearly late or simply too late for the tackle; forget about making a play on the ball. I'm no fan of him.

I have to disagree on the O line. I zoomed in on Bell, and if he got beat I sure didn't see it.

Oh and Im definitely not a fan of the home teams faux collars.!

yeah, those collars make it look like some sore of cheap midget league knock-off left over from the 80s.

Why???

Who looked at that and "said, yeap, that's what these uniforms need, fake collar to accent the bright royal blue" ????

I have to disagree on the O line. I zoomed in on Bell, and if he got beat I sure didn't see it.

I always knew some on this board were off in the Twilight Zone ...

Can't comment on the game yet because I still have to watch it ... but from what my brother and others report Brooks is the real thing and McKelvin can't play DB; Tyler needs to pack his bags; keeping Potter and Lindell is going to pay off and is worth losing a roster spot; Graham has more potential than many of us thought; and Stevie is definitely a top receiver in this league!