Why does the media automatically assume the Pats will win the AFC East

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me... I can't tell if you are serious or not.

A fluke? Did you forget that the Putrids STILL have a terrible defense?

The defense put the offense back in the game and in great position that game. The Pats defense does suck, but it is crazy he threw 4 INTs. He has done that 5 times ever, twice against Buffalo, and the those are the only two times the Bills beat the Patriots since Brady started playing. Not to mention that game had the worst pass interference call (of whihc I was happy about) that I have almost ever seen on a ball Fitzpatrick underthrew by 10 yards and was not even a catchable ball in the end zone that was picked off.

Huge fluke in that game.

He's a troll. Don't put any stock into anything he says.

I post real stats, I make real points, please tell me what I said in this thread was wrong and give a legit argument against it. Just throwing out he is a troll is pretty sad and weak.

The Pats came within a hair of winning the SB last year with the 31st ranked defense. Think about that. Then they added (at least) three great young players to their D via the draft, and added a vertical playmaker in Lloyd who knows the offense. They have every reason to be optimistic heading into this season.

Plus, no writer is gonna go out on a limb at this point and predict their downfall.

The Pats also came within a hair of losing in the AFCCG, if not for a brain fart by Lee Evans. As for the rookie defenders, no one knows how they'll perform. But what has to be concerning for them is the OL.

The defense put the offense back in the game and in great position that game. The Pats defense does suck, but it is crazy he threw 4 INTs. He has done that 5 times ever, twice against Buffalo, and the those are the only two times the Bills beat the Patriots since Brady started playing. Not to mention that game had the worst pass interference call (of whihc I was happy about) that I have almost ever seen on a ball Fitzpatrick underthrew by 10 yards and was not even a catchable ball in the end zone that was picked off.

Huge fluke in that game.

I post real stats, I make real points, please tell me what I said in this thread was wrong and give a legit argument against it. Just throwing out he is a troll is pretty sad and weak.

Your post in the backup QB thread (Moore is better than Fitz) makes you a troll, too. Grow up or go away. Whichever can happen soonest.

obviously there is a lot of truth in the because they have won it a lot in the last 10 years....but for the national media it's comfort- they KNOW their players, they are on TV all the time etc. Buffalo most national media guys couldn't name 5 guys on our D or two wide receivers. I don't view it as a slight as much as a i dont know about them

Huge fluke in that game.

Yeah nothing trollish about posting the same things on every thread. Those paint fumes have addled your brain pretty bad.

Can I ehance the question a little bit more to point out what a silly question it is?

Why does the media automatically assume the pats, who have won the AFC east 9 out of the past 11 seasons (including the last 3 in a row), who by most accounts have a better roster than last years conference and near superbowl championship team and the same coaching staff, will win the AFC east again?

There didn't that sound silly now?

Because they have one of the greatest qbs of all time in an era where qb play is more important than ever. And their coach is pretty good too

Why does the media automatically assume the Pats will win the AFC East?

Is this really a serious question or just a dumbass question? Were you born yesterday?

Maybe because they seem to do it every year!!!

Every dynasty comes to an end. The Bills great dynasty of the late 80's-early 90's came to an end. While the Pats have been a very successful team since Tom Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe, they're not the team they once were. The Pats had a lot of turnover from their Superbowl victories: GM Scott Pioli, Asst. GM Tom Dimitroff, OC Charlie Weiss, DC Romeo Crennel. Since all these guys left, the Pats have not won a superbowl, and they've missed on a lot of draft picks.

While the Pats have a great offense, but their defense is terrible. Some on here say the Bills win against the Pats last season was a fluke, just because Brady threw 4 INT's, Fitz had 2 INT's himself and the Pats blew a 21-0 lead, but that doesn't get mentioned. I guess according to these naysayers, losing by 3 points to the eventual Superbowl Champs [Giants], last year was a fluke as well. Guess the Bills were lucky to be in that game as well :doh: By those standards, the Pats win against the Ravens was a fluke since Lee Evans didn't have a death grip on the ball in the end zone, and the FG kicker blew an easy FG.

The Giants proved twice in the superbowl that a great defense can beat a great offense. Not only are the Bills going to have a much better defense, but a much better offense as well. IMO, the Bills can compete this year for the division title, what will hurt and/or possibly derail them is injuries to key players. Injuries crippled a promising start to last season.

People forget that Belichek was doing horrible in NE before Brady came in for Bledsoe. Once Brady retires, the Pats dynasty will be truly over. As for now, the Bills are catching up, and could be taking over sooner than expected.

Not true at all. What is the same? Describe please, you are making false accusations.

You reduce every thread into anti fitz rhetoric. Look Trent I know you got crushed in Arizona and knocked you silly. I know it ended what looked like may have been a promising career. But directing all of your resentment to fitz is misguided. Chan had to cut you despite the fact that you are still a flag football superstar. Three step drop checkdowns are just not going to cut it.

Fitz is going to start this year and he is going to win games. I know its hard to hear. It is widely anticipated it will be a career season for him. He has looked sharp this pre season and has improved every year he has been in buffalo. There are a lot of competent football professionals who are confident he is a quality NFL starting qb. All will be ok in Buffalo.

And remember the second choice on the bills roster is the guy the eagles dropped and effectivly are replacing with you Trent Edwards or Mike Kafka....

Get well Trent and I recommend putting the electronic automation design degree to work. With your positive attitude, good communication and Stanford connections I am sure you can get a good gig near Los gatos, where the only sense of panic or resentment you will encounter is running out of paper while printing out presentation notes for that meeting in 5 minutes.

The Bills win was a fluke. They would not have won had Brady not had 4 INTs in that game against that terrible defense.

Hey buddy, we all missed you this weekend! Our corn flakes were not as savory with out your pee in it.

A team that gets no take-aways wins few games. Perhaps, the bills coaches did a good job of scheming against the Pats O, and that's why they won. But I know as little about it as you do(doubtful) so who knows.

Past performance does not guarantee future results. Isn't that the disclaimer investors always use? Thats because every now and then the unexpected occurs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you! People are failing to realize that Brady could possibly take more of a beating this season than before, as 2 of his offensive linemen have retired recently. While we worry if Fitz goes down, the team will suffer, the same can be said if Brady gets hurt or goes on IR. The Pats do not have the defense to carry the team if something were to happen to Brady.