The John Murphy Show on GR

I love the show. The fact he's live from training camp and will be live from the stadium during the season is a huge plus because any player can drop in at any time. Same goes for the Sabres show. And the guests that Murph and Sylvester have had on have been great. Just awesome programming over at WGR now. And yeah, I enjoy Schopp and the Bulldog as well as Howard Simon. I can not stand Jeremy White though.

900X better than the dribble Schopp and the Bulldog spew out there.

Bulldog is cool but Schlepp is a dik. If you don't agree with him then you are a moron and are wasting his precious air time (disconnection sound).

It's a blessing from the Football Gods. Between Murphy and Sal, the station is worth listening to again

and Joe B

Yes it's good to hear Buffalo Bills football on the radio instead of match game or animal drafts or 10 opinions that I don't care about.

or favorite movie :doh: I think they forget it's a sports station.

i really like the two new shows. i like the morning show a lot and i believe that schopp and the bulldog definately have their place as well. all in allm i'll take any of it over cowherd, still with murph coulda been 12-3 instead of jim rome.

Jim Rome must die!! It would be a good spot for the Olympics and then maybe cover other sports that should get some coverage like MMA.

1. Haven't heard Murph's show yet but hope it's good.

2. Sylvester's show is only very, very mildly informative and not at all entertaining. Needs a ton of work. And I've got every reason to root for the guy, but wow, that show is bland and mostly devoid of information.

3. Don't miss Cowherd.

4. I think most people who hate S&B have called in drunk after a Bills game and received the hang-up treatment, because those two are entertaining even on a dead day (which is WHY they do country drafts, etc.)

5. How can you hate Rome? Are you humorless? Or just intimidated by a brash radio guy 3500 miles away? The dude is hilarious. And the brashness is schtick.

2. Sylvester's show is only very, very mildly informative and not at all entertaining. Needs a ton of work. And I've got every reason to root for the guy, but wow, that show is bland and mostly devoid of information.

The few times Brian Duff has hosted the show in Kev's absence were evidence enough that the problem is Sylvester himself. There's a reason he's being phased out in favor of Duffer in the 1st place: he's not a hockey guy. Even after several years as intermission host of the television broadcasts he still comes across as an amateurish local yokel stumbling over basic hockey terminology and tactics. That may work for something like AM Buffalo, but Hockey is in Brian Duff's DNA, as it is/was for Ted Darling, Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz.

Professional broadcasting presence and high hockey IQ are prerequisites and necessary for game presenters... and Kev ain't got either of them--- although I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.

Edited by Punch

The few times Brian Duff has hosted the show in Kev's absence were evidence enough that the problem is Sylvester himself. There's a reason he's being phased out in favor of Duffer in the 1st place: he's not a hockey guy. Even after several years as intermission host of the television broadcasts he still comes across as an amateurish local yokel stumbling over basic hockey terminology and tactics. That may work for something like AM Buffalo, but Hockey is in Brian Duff's DNA, as it is/was for Ted Darling, Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz.

Professional broadcasting presence and high hockey IQ are prerequisites and necessary for game presenters... and Kev ain't got either of them--- although I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.

I don't agree with the parts about Duff (he didn't wow me, either, by any means, on the two occasions I tuned him in), and maybe I just need to listen a little more, but I certainly agree with the parts about Sylvester.

I don't agree with the parts about Duff (he didn't wow me, either, by any means, on the two occasions I tuned him in), and maybe I just need to listen a little more, but I certainly agree with the parts about Sylvester.

I think Duffer is great. He's a total pro. But the best part about that show is when Andrew Peters is co-hosting on Tuesdays and Thursday's. Peters is awesome.

Part of the problem so far is that there's really nothing to talk about: leaguewide there are no moves of significance and the CBA can only be discussed for so long when no real headway has been made. Duff gets exceptional guests via his considerable contacts throughout the league and media from his time at NHL Network and he's a terrific interviewer--- he knows how to direct a conversation without injecting himself into it and smothering the guest. I highly endorse listening to his work, thought perhaps there needs to be something more to discuss. Then again, I could listen to Duff talk about other topics and still find him listenable. The Sabres made a great decision in luring him away from the NHL Network--- then again, he's a lifelong Sabres fan from Southern Ontario so it's very possibly a dream job for him.

I think Duffer is great. He's a total pro. But the best part about that show is when Andrew Peters is co-hosting on Tuesdays and Thursday's. Peters is awesome.

Peters is terrific on WGR. The only exceptions occur occasionally with Sylvester--- the show is generally less focused and Peters is able to go off on tangents which derail the show. They were arguing about Starbucks for nearly 5 minutes at the top of a show last week, which makes for less than compelling radio. Jim Lorentz used to add anecdotes of his road travels with Rick during games, like crazy cab drivers in Montreal or whatever, and made it interesting. Oh well, that's enough Kev-bashing from me!

Back on-topic: Murph's show is fantastic, BTW--- it's a !@#$ing dream come true!