Bills Training Camp Ranked #3

Is the fan experience better now than it was in Fredonia? Worse? The same?

I went to Fredonia a few times as a kid, and went to St John Fisher, once, in 2007. I think the St John Fisher is a a lot more "fan friendly" than when they were at Fredonia. There wasn't as many people at Fredonia, and, as I recall, you came and watched practice, maybe got some autographs as the players walked on and off the field, and that was pretty much it. I don't remember there really being any merchendise are or anything (at that age, I would remember!).

When I went in 2007, I went with my brother in-law (a Chiefs fan), but, it seemed much more family oriented, and like more of an event. This was just a normal, moring practice...it was the first practice of camp.

I guess the difference was, at Fredonia, you kind of felt like you were there just watching guys at work, and seeing what you could...but at St John, it seemed a little more of a presentation, if that makes any sense? My brother in-law, who played college ball (and a litte time in WLAF)couldn't believe how simple the Bills drills were, and how casual it all was. I wrote his harping on it as just taking digs at the Bills (he hated them), but, in retrospect, this was the Jauron era...they had a reputation for having soft practices...part of the reason players loved Jauron so much, I suppose.

Either way, I had a blast at the 2007 camp. Probably more fun than I have had at a lot of the games I have gone to in Buffalo over the last decade or so. I normally only make it up for one, and it is whichever is closest to Christmas weekend..those games have (until last year, and the last game TO played against the Colts)been pretty miserable experiences...really wanted to try to make it to camp this year too, but finances made it unfeasable.

I have been to a few training camps (Jets, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Falcons, Raiders) and I have to say, the Bills at St John Fisher is the best time I have ever had at one.

No. 1 offseason (says pretty much everybody).

No. 2 RB duo (says me)

No. 3 camp facility (says King)

No. 4 D-line (says NFL.com).

No. 32 playoff drought.

Let's hope the previous four made-up rankings have a big impact on the real one. :thumbsup:

Didn't see the article but who were 3 d lines ranked ahead of ours?

No. 1 offseason (says pretty much everybody).

No. 2 RB duo (says me)

No. 3 camp facility (says King)

No. 4 D-line (says NFL.com).

No. 32 playoff drought.

Let's hope the previous four made-up rankings have a big impact on the real one. :thumbsup:

Another way of looking at it is No. 1 playoff drought.

;)

I really like peter king I think he does a great job of being unbiased and is what a true reporter should be, a classy guy

The one thing more than anything that jumps out about Peter King is the effort he puts into his profession.

It is unmistakeable and should be a lesson to everyone.

King is proof that a guy with average talent can get near the top of his profession through hard work

The one thing more than anything that jumps out about Peter King is the effort he puts into his profession.

It is unmistakeable and should be a lesson to everyone.

King is proof that a guy with average talent can get near the top of his profession through hard work

I was trying to think of how to say I like but don't love him, and couldnt think of a way to say why. I think that's it though. I enjoy that he doesn't just make wild statements for controversy, and that he seems to try to put out well educated opinions..... But something falls a little flat for me with him still. He puts together good stuff but I don't know that he offen comes across as supremely talented. In his own way, he's embraced that role and done well for himself with it. Even if he doesn't bring a lot of unique and deep insights, and isn't one to really leave me contemplative or re-evaluating my perspective often - he does seem to give a good jumping off point to the weeks discussion with mmqb.

Peter King is a class act.

Sometimes.... See how he acts when seeing RGIII play on Buff next Thursday.

while on the topic of (positive) reports

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncampbills120730/nfl-observations-buffalo-bills-cleveland-browns-training-camps

Clayton gushes a bit over Buffalo.