Is a spiral pass over rated ?

Its the same difference between a rifle and a muzzle loader...spin adds to accuracy. Maybe Fitz should be called the Amish muzzleloader instead of Amish rifle.

Edited by Homer

That would be a smooth bore rather then a muzzle loader. Maybe the Amish blunder buss.

Ugh I meant Musket instead of muzzleloader...so he could be the Amish Musket...which sounds better anyway.

Will this matter when the weather gets colder?

I am not sure since the ball seems to get there and most of the guys catch it.

Considering the emphasis QB coaches, HC's and OC's put on it, I am going to say no. Wobblers are a clear indicator of poor mechanics...poor mechanics = decreased accuracy, decreased velocity, and inconsistency. So, no, I do not think it is over rated. Not to mention, ask any receiver, a spiral is substantially easier to catch than a wobbler, especially at longer distances and higher velocity. Its also much easier to gauge the precise spot the ball is going to be to catch on a spiral because the arc is more true as the ball cuts through the wind and air better and doesnt lose velocity as much as a wobbler. A wobbler will see a more dramatic loss of velocity mid flight as the aerodynamics knocks the ball down more. So the arc suggests it will be in one spot but come up short.

There is no way a spiral is over rated.