remember, we're the ''progressive'' city

The problem is tough to combat, especially with so few downtown public restrooms open late, BART authorities said.

Yes, very tough indeed. Other than, ya know, clearing out the bums and locking the station after the service ends for the night like they do in civilized cities.

Where we used to live in the city we were next to a bridge overpass. Of course that's a magnet for homeless people. On hot days you could smell the urine. That city could be one of the world's best if they did something about the homeless problem.

Have they thought about putting porta potties in strategic locations? In the long run it would be cheaper and cleaner!

They already have them

They're just to !@#$ing lazy (or drunk or stoned) to crawl their sub-human asses off the pavement to use them.

Wait, so they're collectively making a conscious choice to **** on the escalators? How does that work? I just don't understand people.

These aren't people, they're !@#$ing animals.

If you walk down Market Street (the main street in SF) at 8-8:30 AM, you see the business owners washing the urine and feces off the sidewalk in front of their places. Businesses have sign saying "There is a public toilet in XXXX", please do not use our doorway as a urinal."

The underground MUNI (city transit) and BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) stations don't have any gates to close them off at night. They don't run all night, so the bums sleep there and use them as toilets.

I was walking down Market once and a woman starts changing here clothes in the middle of the sidewalk. Luckily for me she had long johns on.

The city is run by so many left wing loonies that don't want to hurt the feelings of the homeless. San Francisco has the lowest % of children to overall population of any major city in the US. All of the families move out if they can.

I am gonna throw gas on the fire. If the Bay Area is such a hotbed of liberal loons... Why does it do so well? Why do people actually want to be there? You would think the city would be dead and in financial ruin by now? What makes the Bay Area tick? The hipsters? Why hasn't it gone the way of BFLO, killed by the democrats, unions and high taxes.

I am gonna throw gas on the fire. If the Bay Area is such a hotbed of liberal loons... Why does it do so well? Why do people actually want to be there? You would think the city would be dead and in financial ruin by now? What makes the Bay Area tick? The hipsters? Why hasn't it gone the way of BFLO, killed by the democrats, unions and high taxes.

Did your read Wackas post above yours?

Did your read Wackas post above yours?

Yes.

Sure SF is a pit of despair according to Wacka... But it is also a thriving place that NORMAL people want to be. Why do people other than the bums want to be there? The city should be in ruin after these lib polices... Why isn't it? Or is it? And yes, I have been there... It is thriving, vibrant city and cultural center. Why isn't it dead by now from the total pit of despair people make it out to be?

Wait, so they're collectively making a conscious choice to **** on the escalators? How does that work? I just don't understand people.

What better place to take a dump, it magically floats away as soon as you drop it! :thumbsup:

Yes.

Sure SF is a pit of despair according to Wacka... But it is also a thriving place that NORMAL people want to be. Why do people other than the bums want to be there? The city should be in ruin after these lib polices... Why isn't it? Or is it? And yes, I have been there... It is thriving, vibrant city and cultural center. Why isn't it dead by now from the total pit of despair people make it out to be?

The only thing I don't I don't understand about SFO is why companies stay. There must be tax breaks, because the cost of doing business there is beyond painful. Whenever I commission staff to a SFO jobsite, I charge almost 3x for travel expenditures because of the embarrassing number of ridiculous taxes they charge you for hotel, car rentals, taxis, and parking. Just this past week we were at a jobsite Wed-Friday. The rental car was $30/day and taxes on that rental car were over $20/day. Think about that. Parking at the hotel is $25/day and parking at the jobsite is $35/day. Taxes at restaurants are so embarrasing it's like the restaurants make them up as they plan the day's menu.

So you take a job like last week, where in virtually any other place in California my services costs would be about $11K and travel expenditures would be about $700 (including per diems, airport parking, mileage, etc.), for this trip it my service costs were $19K and travel was $1,950 exclusively because it was in downtown SFO. The customer, of course, pays this and they pass that cost on to their customers. Which brings us full cirle...the only way they are able to do this and be competitive is if (a) they're getting tax breaks or (b) their only competition is based in NYC.

My suspicion is that the city is able to give corporate tax breaks because there are a TON of people who come there from overseas as tourists.

But make no mistake, SFO may look like it's thriving, but it's broke like every other CA city, in part because many companies are moving out out state at ridiculous rates. I would not be surprised if we find SFO crying about a possible bankruptcy in the next couple of years.

The only thing I don't I don't understand about SFO is why companies stay. There must be tax breaks, because the cost of doing business there is beyond painful. Whenever I commission staff to a SFO jobsite, I charge almost 3x for travel expenditures because of the embarrassing number of ridiculous taxes they charge you for hotel, car rentals, taxis, and parking. Just this past week we were at a jobsite Wed-Friday. The rental car was $30/day and taxes on that rental car were over $20/day. Think about that. Parking at the hotel is $25/day and parking at the jobsite is $35/day. Taxes at restaurants are so embarrasing it's like the restaurants make them up as they plan the day's menu.

So you take a job like last week, where in virtually any other place in California my services costs would be about $11K and travel expenditures would be about $700 (including per diems, airport parking, mileage, etc.), for this trip it my service costs were $19K and travel was $1,950 exclusively because it was in downtown SFO. The customer, of course, pays this and they pass that cost on to their customers. Which brings us full cirle...the only way they are able to do this and be competitive is if (a) they're getting tax breaks or (b) their only competition is based in NYC.

My suspicion is that the city is able to give corporate tax breaks because there are a TON of people who come there from overseas as tourists.

But make no mistake, SFO may look like it's thriving, but it's broke like every other CA city, in part because many companies are moving out out state at ridiculous rates. I would not be surprised if we find SFO crying about a possible bankruptcy in the next couple of years.

Yep, America's most Progressive city is all about Corporate tax breaks

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/04/twitter-tax-break-approved-san-francisco-supervisors

Forward!

Why is it "welfare" to allow an entity to KEEP money it made??? Your not GIVING them anything like true welfare does....

They don't do business in a vacuum. If they did, I would agree with you.

What better place to take a dump, it magically floats away as soon as you drop it! :thumbsup:

I can think of a better place.

Kinda like the Chicago Area Waterways everytime I open those lock gates... ;-) ;-)

:-P. LoL...