Audit the Fed Passes House

I've got mixed feelings on this issue. On one hand I believe that the actions of the Fed in many cases have been corrosive, on the other, the politicization of the Fed and allowing slimy politicians to get their grubby hands all over documents that shouldn't be politicized most likely would end up a complete utter disaster.

Interesting. I'm sure the Senate will pass this right away.

Right after they pass a budget.

You're far more optimistic than am I, LA. Yes, they won't pass it until after they vote on that pesky budget thingy, but it'll probably have to wait till after they pass another stimulus bill. I'm just sayin'.

I've got mixed feelings on this issue. On one hand I believe that the actions of the Fed in many cases have been corrosive, on the other, the politicization of the Fed and allowing slimy politicians to get their grubby hands all over documents that shouldn't be politicized most likely would end up a complete utter disaster.

Ah yup.

Edited by GG

So Ron /dev/null gets his wish.

This surely will make responding to emergency financial conditions much easier and smoother <_<

Forget that. Imagine a world where the Fed is the permanent piggy bank for Fan/Fred or whatever program is in vogue.

Probably with you on the latter. Transparency is good. But IDK if we can handle the truth...not in this political climate. It's sort of weird to basically say that out loud..."we shouldn't know"...but let's face it the entire world is a house of cards and w/ out the illusion God knows where we would be. Needless to say I might pay attention when late night commercials tell me to buy gold if this ever became reality.

Probably with you on the latter. Transparency is good. But IDK if we can handle the truth...not in this political climate. It's sort of weird to basically say that out loud..."we shouldn't know"...but let's face it the entire world is a house of cards and w/ out the illusion God knows where we would be. Needless to say I might pay attention when late night commercials tell me to buy gold if this ever became reality.

Forget gold, buy food, guns, ammo and unlimited WoW account.

"We had to burn the village to save it" actually applies here. Our system of fiat is doomed to fail. The only question is what rises from the ashes- if anything?

Another system of fiat.

The problem isn't fiat currency. The problem is the abuse of that system.

And Senate Democrats pass a bill extending middle class tax cuts

As anyone will tell you it won't pass in the house. And as anyone looking for every creative way (and I mean that with admiration in all honesty) to destroy the ACA will tell you tax stuff must originate in the house anyway. So it really was posturing. Constant repeals of the ACA in the house is BS. So was this Senate move today.

Edited by TheNewBills

As anyone will tell you it won't pass in the house. And as anyone looking for every creative way (and I mean that with admiration in all honesty) to destroy the ACA will tell you tax stuff must originate in the house anyway. So it really was posturing. Constant repeals of the ACA in the house is BS. So was this Senate move today.

So politicians like to !@#$ with us? Sweet job