plaxico burress

I just read he's willing to play for vet minimum...if he can play at the same level as last year...8 TD's...and with all the questions abound about our WR's...why not roll the dice?

LINK

feel free to contribute more than a single stat as to why you think its a good idea. his season was far from impressive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel free to contribute more than a single stat as to why you think its a good idea. his season was far from impressive.

That TD pass he caught in the EZ against us AND the 4th and 20 or whatever it was 1st down catch in Q4 tells me he's still got game. Fitz can throw those high sideline passes, but last year none of our guys could catch one. I take that back, Ruvell Martin caught one against the Patsies in the last game of the season. I saw SJ, Jones, CJ, and Brad Smith all fail to haul them in. Nothing helps a marginal QB than guys who can catch the ball when it's not perfectly thrown.

The rebuilding is over. It's time to win. Plax could help. I take Plax over Jones and Easley.

That TD pass he caught in the EZ against us AND the 4th and 20 or whatever it was 1st down catch in Q4 tells me he's still got game. Fitz can throw those high sideline passes, but last year none of our guys could catch one. I take that back, Ruvell Martin caught one against the Patsies in the last game of the season. I saw SJ, Jones, CJ, and Brad Smith all fail to haul them in. Nothing helps a marginal QB than guys who can catch the ball when it's not perfectly thrown.

The rebuilding is over. It's time to win. Plax could help. I take Plax over Jones and Easley.

plax having 2 of his very best games against us probably did nothing to help create an accurate image as compared to what a lot of our fans think of him.

plax having 3 tds against sd while totaling 25 yards also skewed his stat line wildly away from his typical performances.

his standard issue play last year was just not very good.

I get the "it couldn't hurt" sentiment, but I don't know that I prefer him to any of the WR's that are likely to make the final roster. Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Graham, Hagan, Easley. If the Bills keep 6 WR's (which I think they will)....I don't see Plax as being an upgrade over any of the guys mentioned.

Don't count Roosevelt out; I hear he's been killing it in camp.

id reference his 4 worst games totaled (and this is combined) 2 catches for 25 yards.

at some point, just by being on the field as the #2 you will get some stats, or make a play or two. plax did little beyond show up. for a really big portion of the year. no explosion or downfield speed. not on the same page as his qb, etc... he was literally the warm body in that spot, and that is why no one is touching him. that and hes a cancer.

Edited by NoSaint

Nix will not bring in anyone with questionable history of character, period, .

Yeah Buddy would never bring in anyone who got arrested for choking is girlfriend or suspended for doing steroids would he? Oh wait, Shawn Merriman ...

Edited by reddogblitz

Don't count Roosevelt out; I hear he's been killing it in camp.

Yeah, I just don't see it happening. I hear he's been catching everything, but we already have similar receivers in Jones and Graham. I suspect he will lose out to bigger guys like Hagan (who also has been killin it at camp) and Easley. Love Rosey, but I fear his time in Buffalo is coming near an end.

Yeah, I just don't see it happening. I hear he's been catching everything, but we already have similar receivers in Jones and Graham. I suspect he will lose out to bigger guys like Hagan (who also has been killin it at camp) and Easley. Love Rosey, but I fear his time in Buffalo is coming near an end.

I'd take Roosevelt over Jones all day long.

The whole, "Why not? It can't hurt" sentiment is wrong. There are very few things in the world that are outright wrong, but this is one of them.

If you bring in a guy like him, it sends a very clear message. We don't care how hard you work or what you have done. This guy is going to come in here and take your reps away from you because despite a lot of evidence to the contrary, he may possibly under a lucky star be better than you.

Player Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM

David Nelson 61 658 10.8 41.1 35 5 7 0 32 52.5 0

Plaxico Burress 45 612 13.6 38.2 30 8 6 0 38 84.4 0

So tell me how bringing in a guy totally unfamiliar with the offense, age 34, known as a 'problem' to compete with a guy who outclassed him in every category sends a good message?

If you work hard, perform better and act like a decent human being, it doesn't matter because this guy is a name fans have heard of before! If there is justification for bring in a guy to compete, then great. There is absolutely zero justification for bringing him in..

The whole, "Why not? It can't hurt" sentiment is wrong. There are very few things in the world that are outright wrong, but this is one of them.

If you bring in a guy like him, it sends a very clear message. We don't care how hard you work or what you have done. This guy is going to come in here and take your reps away from you because despite a lot of evidence to the contrary, he may possibly under a lucky star be better than you.

So tell me how bringing in a guy totally unfamiliar with the offense, age 34, known as a 'problem' to compete with a guy who outclassed him in every category sends a good message?

If you work hard, perform better and act like a decent human being, it doesn't matter because this guy is a name fans have heard of before! If there is justification for bring in a guy to compete, then great. There is absolutely zero justification for bringing him in..

Plus, plax put that up as a number 2.