A Clarifying Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've got nothing on Romney. NOTHING. They can't stand it. They're pulling their hair out and whipping themselves up in a seething rage over anything about him. It's Bush/Palin syndrome let loose without a single hook to latch onto.

They're reducing themselves to a pant-wetting, hold-their-breath-till-they-turn-blue-and-pass-out, eyes-rolled-up-in-the-back-of-their-head, tee-shirt-soaking-cold-pouring-sweat, veins-bulging-from-the-neck, stomping-up-and-down-in-place-till they-sprain-both-ankles hissy fit of a tantrum befitting their lack of dignity and their disingenuous nature.

Hey Harry - why don't you bring a budget up for a vote? It's only been 3 1/2 years. Go ahead you putz. You won't even bring up BO's budget for a vote.

The people who are trying to disenfranchise literally millions of voters are whimpering over Obama calling poor little Mitt out over his vulture capitalism. Good grief!

So who are these millions of voters we're trying to disenfranchise?

I'm almost positive I'll regret asking, but what in the world is "vulture capitalism "?

It was a phrase used to describe Mitt in the primaries (Gingrich, I think), and naturally the left jumped on it. Vulture Capitalism is when you invest money in a company, a bunch of people get rich, but the company gets shut down in the process, putting other people out of work.

Like Solyndra. Abound. Etc.

Is there an ad where Obama calls Romney a felon or is it all the media/surrogates? If ad can someone link it?

Not Obama but one of his campaign officials.

Obama official Stephanie Cutter made the claim following a Boston Globe article

that said documents show Romney was in charge at Bain for three years longer

than he had claimed. Cutter said Romney was either misrepresenting his position

at Bain to the Securities and Exchange Commission, “which is a felony,” or

misrepresenting to the American people.

Venture Capitalism

It's a Lefty's attempt to be snarky.

Considering the effectiveness of "Trickle Down Economics" in discrediting Supply Side in the minds of many, these snarky comments need to be taken pretty seriously.

Edited by Jauronimo

Is there an ad where Obama calls Romney a felon or is it all the media/surrogates? If ad can someone link it?

No..........not media/surrogates, his own campaign team, people he chose, and is responsible for.

and given the chance to correct/clarify about the "felony" remark, they refused.

It was a phrase used to describe Mitt in the primaries (Gingrich, I think), and naturally the left jumped on it. Vulture Capitalism is when you invest money in a company, a bunch of people get rich, but the company gets shut down in the process, putting other people out of work.

Like Solyndra. Abound. Etc.

The people who criticise these sorts of investments realize that the parts that make up a business are sometimes worth more separate than together, and by liquidating that business, and drawing out the healthy capital it allows that wealth to be better preserved for future investment in more stable companies and business endeavors which is good for long term prosperity, economic growth, and net job creation, right?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about KB Toys.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No..........not media/surrogates, his own campaign team, people he chose, and is responsible for.

On a conference call with the media yesterday. They should have another one soon if you want to join in. Just dial 1-800-THROWTHEGUN and enter user ID outofammo.

The people who criticise these sorts of investments realize that the parts that make up a business are sometimes worth more separate than together, and by liquidating that business, and drawing out the healthy capital it allows that wealth to be better preserved for future investment in more stable companies and business endeavors which is good for long term prosperity, economic growth, and net job creation, right?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about KB Toys.

I remember having a discussion on another message board about how private equity will not split up a company if it's a going concern.

Completely flew over their heads :unsure:

I remember having a discussion on another message board about how private equity will not split up a company if it's a going concern.

Completely flew over their heads :unsure:

Did you explain the indefinite interest?

Thats the comical part of watching the media, politicians and political "analysts" dissect RomCom's career at Bain. They're as qualified to discuss finance as I am to discuss neurosurgery, yet they still try.

I see know I guess I missed this whole "story" haha. To me it's more Bain hardball. Romney is going to have to confront it politically, if apparently his name was on the SEC filings for 3 more years. I mean I think politically his base won't care but I guess some independents in some swing states want to know (at least that's the calculation both sides seem to take seriously since there's such a fight over this stuff).

And apparently he said it was a leave of absence when he went to run for Governor of Mass to show he intended to return so he could run there (residency etc). Their using felony card to force him to admit he wasn't off the hook for some of the time where I guess they have some business decisions to exploit. It's hardball.

Obviously nobody that supports Romney is going to like this stuff and you'll all just say I'm a partisan hack for saying this but that's not a big deal even though I know the other side will get defensive. It's just forcing the issue of Bain a bit more and not letting him dodge whatever they want to attack there.

I live in Florida, I've seen worse than that on TV from both sides and the primaries haven't even hit. Obama gets hit hard in Florida almost every 3rd commercial break on the channels I watch. Hell a years ago in Florida we got a **** load actual TV ads LITERALLY calling our governor a felon who got rich defrauding the gov't, and then we elected him anyway lol.

I see know I guess I missed this whole "story" haha. To me it's more Bain hardball. Romney is going to have to confront it politically, if apparently his name was on the SEC filings for 3 more years. I mean I think politically his base won't care but I guess some independents in some swing states want to know (at least that's the calculation both sides seem to take seriously since there's such a fight over this stuff).

And apparently he said it was a leave of absence when he went to run for Governor of Mass to show he intended to return so he could run there (residency etc). Their using felony card to force him to admit he wasn't off the hook for some of the time where I guess they have some business decisions to exploit. It's hardball.

Obviously nobody that supports Romney is going to like this stuff and you'll all just say I'm a partisan hack for saying this but that's not a big deal even though I know the other side will get defensive. It's just forcing the issue of Bain a bit more and not letting him dodge whatever they want to attack there.

I live in Florida, I've seen worse than that on TV from both sides and the primaries haven't even hit. Obama gets hit hard in Florida almost every 3rd commercial break on the channels I watch. Hell a years ago in Florida we got a **** load actual TV ads LITERALLY calling our governor a felon who got rich defrauding the gov't, and then we elected him anyway lol.

Jauronimo posted this in another thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/politics/john-king-bain/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

They've got nothing on Romney. NOTHING. They can't stand it. They're pulling their hair out and whipping themselves up in a seething rage over anything about him. It's Bush/Palin syndrome let loose without a single hook to latch onto.

They're reducing themselves to a pant-wetting, hold-their-breath-till-they-turn-blue-and-pass-out, eyes-rolled-up-in-the-back-of-their-head, tee-shirt-soaking-cold-pouring-sweat, veins-bulging-from-the-neck, stomping-up-and-down-in-place-till they-sprain-both-ankles hissy fit of a tantrum befitting their lack of dignity and their disingenuous nature.

Hey Harry - why don't you bring a budget up for a vote? It's only been 3 1/2 years. Go ahead you putz. You won't even bring up BO's budget for a vote.

Pretty much sums it up.

So who are these millions of voters we're trying to disenfranchise?

You know. Felons. Illegal aliens. Dead people. Dogs.