Who will go the the Pro Bowl?

BuffaloBills.com asks a good question today: Who will go to the Pro Bowl this season? (Assuming, of course, there is a Pro Bowl).

We haven't sent a lot of players to Hawaii over the past decade partly because we've been devoid of talent and partly because players on losing teams don't get noticed.

But I think we solve both those handicaps this year. We have some elite talent this year and I think the Bills will finally post a winning record.

Some guys I think might be candidates are FredEx, Stevie, the Williams twins, and Marcel. And our front four could help some of our LBs and DBs tally good seasons.

Who would you add to the list?

if the offense finds and sustains its rhythm again, i think fitz has a shot. also, if shawne merriman regains his form he could be a consideration, as well as a candidate for comeback player of the year. levitre should be getting some love this year, especially if the o-line comes together and stays healthy. and be on the lookout for mark "you only got one blocker left for me" anderson. and of course, the senator and mr. byrd should have some eyes on them as well.

Edited by swnybillsfan

I am really disappointed bb.com put out an article like this as one of their "burning" questions leading up to training camp. Just seems so totally opposite of the mentality the front office is projecting and the "all for one, one for all" concept they're building the team around.

:thumbdown:

The Bills' pass rush could certainly help the Bills backfield to earn some Pro Bowl love. Put me down for Jarius Byrd and/or Terrence McGee. McGee has missed time, and will be back with a vengeance--not with his old speed, but with wily-ness and focus.

I think Levitre might be helping our new LT a bit, and it may hurt his Pro Bowl chances. But Wood has a great shot. I think he'll be a difference-maker for our inside-the-guards running game. I also think he stays healthy this year.

The Bills' pass rush could certainly help the Bills backfield to earn some Pro Bowl love. Put me down for Jarius Byrd and/or Terrence McGee. McGee has missed time, and will be back with a vengeance--not with his old speed, but with wily-ness and focus.

I think Levitre might be helping our new LT a bit, and it may hurt his Pro Bowl chances. But Wood has a great shot. I think he'll be a difference-maker for our inside-the-guards running game. I also think he stays healthy this year.

i was thinking that if the offense does well, particularly the line, the broadcasters will be making mention of how he has had to play multiple positions and has been the only healthy player on that line for the past few years while players have constantly revolved around him.

Here's my list...

link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

You are predictable as the sun coming up in the morning! And again, i dig your optimism.

I myself hate to single a player out. But. let me hang way out on thin limb and say Kelsay.

Mark my words everyone.But it is truly a team game and everyone has to play well to super bowl

Kelsay.. He is getting long in tooth and an underdog by a country mile.

Be pleasantly surprised when the offense tries to take our star Defensive lineup into account with chips and double teams that leave

Chris to get the bounty.

This group of players would probably love to just force the QB/rb into his hands and let him have a glory year. all the right egos are in place. This year Kelsay gets his. You dont have to be great just surrounded by greatness. Maybe not pro bowl, but one whopping year before retirement.

Honestly when we have a strong winning season alot of our players we be getting a longer look for the voting of pro bowler. and rightly so.

Edited by 3rdand12

I am really disappointed bb.com put out an article like this as one of their "burning" questions leading up to training camp. Just seems so totally opposite of the mentality the front office is projecting and the "all for one, one for all" concept they're building the team around.

:thumbdown:

well, it's mostly for mario. the rest can enjoy the scraps.

No one, we're going to the Superbowl. Duh.

But, yet again, it looks like we've already "won" the pre-season and are celebrating our team and players when we have yet to accomplish anything. I hate that we seem to be getting big heads already. :(

Well- realizing its both skill, and popularity and several other factors beyond just who's best on our team..... Here's my stab at it:

This obviously assumes a lot in terms of health. I think you also have to look around the league more than a lot of posters would- for instance with both Brandon marshall and Vincent Jackson going to the NFC, and mike Wallace and welker still in limbo.... There may be a big chance for Stevie to get sucked into that void (Andre Johnson healthy and manning playing well in denver being the obvious roadblocks). Stevie has name recognition, fantasy value, but will need some clutch catches to cement himself and his national rep.

Wood if healthy goes behind mangold I think. Pouncey will be the third guy in talks but assuming he's healthy, there's a great shot as I think #4 is a good sized gap. Levitre has a shot too with Grubbs gone, waters aging.... And OL going in groups (coupled with 2 productive backs and a qb that doesn't eat sacks) gives these two a good shot. I'd almost guess its a 2 for 1 deal and either both or neither goes.

Freddy will be an interesting case- less likely in my opinion. Just a tough wall to break down (rice, mjd, Foster) might see a few less touches but rb is such a physical position that if healthy he's high enough he's almost certain atleast an alternate.

Defense: super Mario. If healthy he'd be safe booking the trip last year before knowing his team or conference. Only one other DL will go unless they all time great. Kw and md will battle for the spot behind ngata and wilfork.

LB- highly unlikely. Outside is all 3-4 guys. Inside shep would have to beat out ray Lewis and whoever is second in the conference among the 20 other starting ILB/MLB guys.

Secondary is manned by a lot of mainstay guys. Hard to break into IMO. Even with a top 2-3 season it would be hard to see guys like Revis, Ed reed, Troy p etc bounced for our guys.

Edited by NoSaint

No one, we're going to the Superbowl. Duh.

But, yet again, it looks like we've already "won" the pre-season and are celebrating our team and players when we have yet to accomplish anything. I hate that we seem to be getting big heads already. :(

:thumbsup: This is the simple answer ... unfortunately this will be a year when a decent number of Bills make the PRO BOWL squad but because it is scheduled the week before the Super Bowl those Bills players will be preparing for the big game!

The cool thing is this Bills team really seems to be all about being a team player but that being said, here are my candidates to be on the Pro Bowl squad in name only:

OFFENSE STARTERS

Eric Wood - (one of the Bills' linemen is going to make it this year)

Fred Jackson - Possibly the league's MVP

OFFENSE SECOND TEAM

Andy Levitre

Stevie Johnson

The Amish Rifle

DEFENSE STARTERS

Kyle Williams

Marcel Dareus

Jairius Byrd

DEFENSE SECOND TEAM

Mario Williams

Stephon Gilmore

:thumbsup: This is the simple answer ... unfortunately this will be a year when a decent number of Bills make the PRO BOWL squad but because it is scheduled the week before the Super Bowl those Bills players will be preparing for the big game!

The cool thing is this Bills team really seems to be all about being a team player but that being said, here are my candidates to be on the Pro Bowl squad in name only:

OFFENSE STARTERS

Eric Wood - (one of the Bills' linemen is going to make it this year)

Fred Jackson - Possibly the league's MVP

OFFENSE SECOND TEAM

Andy Levitre

Stevie Johnson

The Amish Rifle

DEFENSE STARTERS

Kyle Williams

Marcel Dareus

Jairius Byrd

DEFENSE SECOND TEAM

Mario Williams

Stephon Gilmore

I would say this is optimistic but then the Senator has 90 Bills being named to the Pro Bowl!

I would say this is optimistic but then the Senator has 90 Bills being named to the Pro Bowl!

His reply is optimistic but in reality I would have to say that the list he put together could actually be the best candidates.

My list of possibilities:

Offense:

Fitz- Should go if he and the majority of the O stays healthy

Wood- WILL go if he stays healthy

Levitre- should go but might look bad at times helping the young LT

Stevie- as long as Fitz stays healthy, good ole #13 will always have a shot.

Chandler- if he stays healthy and gets some more yards and receptions to go with his TD numbers from last year.

I leave Freddy off the list because I think he will be splitting more carries with CJ. Together they should be one of the best tandems in the league, but I don't see Freddy going. (I hope I'm wrong and he proves it again like last year when he played amazingly)

Defense:

Williams- super Mario will always be in the conversation.

Williams- with Dareus and Williams lining up on the same line could have his best year ever. IF Healthy.

Dareus- Will be a consideration. He will have a huge year since The Williams Brothers are lined up there taking many doubles.

Barnett- should be a tackle machine this year behind that line.

Byrd- one of the best tackling Safties I've seen in a long time. Troy has hits, Reed has insticts, but Byrd has both with Antoine Winfield like presence and tackling. He WILL be one of the best Safties in the league. I just hope we find a way to lock him up early.

Wilson- with a better Dline in front could be even better. That should put him in the convo at least.

I doubt any DBs make it. They will be good but not that good. Another year or 2 away.

SPecial Teams:

Rogers- in the return game he will be fantastic.

I will add 1 wild card:

Merriman- IF..... HUGGGGGGGE IF.... He can come back healthy, he will surely make it and will probably be the comeback player of the year. I can see a 15 sack season out of the guy. With the best players on the dline that he's ever played next to, he will be a monster!!!!