Is Mitt Romney A Dirty Tax Cheat?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing chorus of Republicans calling on Romney to release her tax records. What's he hiding????? The American people want to know!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/growing-republican-chorus-pushes-romney-to-release-tax-returns.php?ref=fpb

Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) flatly told CNN Thursday that Romney needed to make at least six years’ worth of returns public — and soon.

“I think he should release his financial records and I think if he does it in July it would be a lot better than in October,” Jones said. “Whenever you are asking for the vote of the American people that you need to fully disclose what your holdings are, if you have any.”

Growing chorus of Republicans calling on Romney to release her tax records. What's he hiding????? The American people want to know!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/growing-republican-chorus-pushes-romney-to-release-tax-returns.php?ref=fpb

Unfortunately, when or if he does release his tax records people like yourself will notice theres are a more zeroes at the end of his return. Being rich is bad, unless you "invented" the iPod, so all of the Occupy Obama honks will use his tax return as some kind of proof that Romney is guilty of war crimes. Since he has a campaign to run, I'm sure he'd rather not answer 1 million questions about why he makes more money than you and have some hack journolist try to guilt him for his success.

Clear?

I'd like Pelosi and Wasserman-Schultz to reveal why they have off-shore investments. I'd also like Barry's college transcripts released. Since we're suddenly into transparency and all. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, when or if he does release his tax records people like yourself will notice theres are a more zeroes at the end of his return. Being rich is bad, unless you "invented" the iPod, so all of the Occupy Obama honks will use his tax return as some kind of proof that Romney is guilty of war crimes. Since he has a campaign to run, I'm sure he'd rather not answer 1 million questions about why he makes more money than you and have some hack journolist try to guilt him for his success.

Clear?

If that's the only issue, how much money, then Romney is simply a terrible politician and leader. These tax returns should have been released years ago. It will be a surprise he is rich?? If on the other hand he is hiding them because there is something else, well...then he still just better release them and let Obama clobber him to a bloody pulp over it so we can all go on our merry way to Four More Years!

But he can simply hold onto them and he can be bashed for hiding them. :beer:

Either way :lol:

If that's the only issue, how much money, then Romney is simply a terrible politician and leader. These tax returns should have been released years ago. It will be a surprise he is rich?? If on the other hand he is hiding them because there is something else, well...then he still just better release them and let Obama clobber him to a bloody pulp over it so we can all go on our merry way to Four More Years! But he can simply hold onto them and he can be bashed for hiding them. :beer:

Reelecting Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again.

If that's the only issue, how much money, then Romney is simply a terrible politician and leader. These tax returns should have been released years ago. It will be a surprise he is rich?? If on the other hand he is hiding them because there is something else, well...then he still just better release them and let Obama clobber him to a bloody pulp over it so we can all go on our merry way to Four More Years!

Hey numbskull. You don't "hide" bad things on your tax return. :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen a tax return? What do you think there is to find?

The reason why no one wants to release their tax records is because Romney is only paying capital gains tax rather than income tax, and because capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than income, Romney will have a lower effective tax rate than most Americans who pay mostly income tax, and when that shocking revelation comes to light, morons like you will act like its some sort of scandal. Obama will spout off about the Buffet Rule, commercials will run declaring that Romney isn't paying his "fair share", and a bunch of hipsters will go live in a park, and Romney's campaign will spend the next month illustrating the difference between capital gains tax and income tax to a public that forgot that we had this same discussion 2 months ago.

And thats exactly what Obama wants. He'll play dumb and stir up the faux outrage.

Transparency for Everyone . . .

By Victor Davis Hanson

July 12, 2012

As calls increase for Romney to release more of his tax returns, there should be a grand deal with the Obama reelection campaign, one that allows both candidates to be completely transparent across the board, in the manner that John McCain was in 2008, but Barack Obama was unfortunately not.

So a suggestion: Each candidate might release five years (or perhaps even ten years) of past tax returns; at the same time, each candidate should release his undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and each candidate should release his complete medical records.

The latter is critical as we see in the case of Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr., and as we remember the Left tried to make the argument, based on reporters’ access to his school and medical records, that McCain’s age, his injuries, and his bout with cancer should have been a legitimate concern. I recall as well that there were murmurs that McCain’s GPA at the U.S. Naval Academy and class ranking were topics of concern.

Such a compromise would end the back and forth and the mutual requests for full disclosure. And given that higher education, student support, Obamacare, and tax policy are now hot-button issues, the public should be informed about their next president’s university record, his full health record, and his recent tax record.

VDH

Doesn't federal law require you to write "THIS IS FRAUD" in big, bold, red letters next to the places you lie?

'Cause that's what I always do...but hey, if I don't have to... :w00t:

Doesn't federal law require you to write "THIS IS FRAUD" in big, bold, red letters next to the places you lie?

'Cause that's what I always do...but hey, if I don't have to... :w00t:

Thats usually contained on the Statements. For example, under earnings you'll see the note See Statement 6. Statement 6 usually says, Money Laundering, Fraud and Illicit Activities. Since almost no one ever checks the statements, you can get away with anything.

Thats usually contained on the Statements. For example, under earnings you'll see the note See Statement 6. Statement 6 usually says, Money Laundering, Fraud and Illicit Activities. Since almost no one ever checks the statements, you can get away with anything.

Kind of like when I do a new account form for my clients and it asks for source of funds. On that list is: Bank Robbery Proceeds, Drug Deal Proceeds, Stolen From my Mother's Purse,

The reason why no one wants to release their tax records is because Romney is only paying capital gains tax rather than income tax, and because capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than income, Romney will have a lower effective tax rate than most Americans who pay mostly income tax, and when that shocking revelation comes to light, morons like you will act like its some sort of scandal. Obama will spout off about the Buffet Rule, commercials will run declaring that Romney isn't paying his "fair share", and a bunch of hipsters will go live in a park, and Romney's campaign will spend the next month illustrating the difference between capital gains tax and income tax to a public that forgot that we had this same discussion 2 months ago.

And thats exactly what Obama wants. He'll play dumb and stir up the faux outrage.

Once again Republicans get caught in the hypocrisy of complaining when Democrats open up the Lee Atwater playbook. Willie Horton, Monica Lewinsky, Swift-boating. What goes around comes around. Oh the delicious irony!

Romney opened this whole can of worms by saying his private sector experience makes him better qualified to improve the economy. OK, so let's see how well you did in the private sector based on your work. Did you profit off of the bones of closed American companies? If he's not ashamed of what he earned and how he did it, then there's no reason to keep hiding the truth. Let Republicans defend his method of obtaining wealth to the voters, and then the voters will decide who has their best interest at heart. He could have put this to rest back when Newt called for it during the primaries. To keep resisting just fuels the fire that he wants to hide the facts from the voters. Let's go conservatives, open up the books and defend your vision of capitalism to the voters.

George Romney released 12 years of returns, stating that “one year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show.”, and he paid a 37 percent effective tax rate. Like father, NOT like son.