California Bullet Train

Almost as stupid as a state that spends 400 million to build a bridge to 45 people oh and a road to the bridge for another 25mil- almost as stupid as a state where they can't get their fuel in before the ice closes them off and has to beg for a coast guard ice breaker from Seattle and a Russian fuel tanker on the Federal dime because they're to cheap to fly the fuel in- of course we know Alaskans are smart because in 2011 they registered 32 patents while all California registered was 30750 patents, of course California has a much larger population so when you account for population differences Californians only produce 18x the patents per person as Alaskans- Alaskans = dumb dirty hippies without the peace love and understanding but with massive unearned egos.

Why are you so obsessed with Alaska? Did you even know it existed B/F Palin? You are flat out creepy about it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1341713197[/url]' post='2499518']

Almost as stupid as a state that spends 400 million to build a bridge to 45 people oh and a road to the bridge for another 25mil- almost as stupid as a state where they can't get their fuel in before the ice closes them off and has to beg for a coast guard ice breaker from Seattle and a Russian fuel tanker on the Federal dime because they're to cheap to fly the fuel in- of course we know Alaskans are smart because in 2011 they registered 32 patents while all California registered was 30750 patents, of course California has a much larger population so when you account for population differences Californians only produce 18x the patents per person as Alaskans- Alaskans = dumb dirty hippies without the peace love and understanding but with massive unearned egos.

You are an embarrassment.

According to Joogle Maps, Bakersfield to Madera is 130 miles and the trip on CA99 takes 2 hours and 11 minutes (IF you follow the speed limit - as if anyone does).

I count 11 towns between those two endpoints.

Let's say the train scoots along at 130 mph - so the trip theoretically would take an hour.

Add on five minutes per stop to slow from 130 mph to a stop, which includes a 1 minute boarding stop and getting back up to speed, and the trip will take 1 hour 55 minutes. Which is about the time it takes a "normal" Californian to manage the trip by auto.

Oh, not every town will have a stop, you say? Why cut them out of this great economic generator that will transport avocados and oranges by the carload up and down the state? What are they - rich?

Are people the only thing this will schlepp about? Well then, at least we can think of the millions of permanent jobs this will create - the conductors, ticket booth attendants, schedule printers, etc. , etc. This will be the best thing to hit California since the 1848 discovery of gold in them thar hills. And, once it's constructed - the construction jobs will have gone away just like the '49ers did before them.

We should all ask for our twelve dollars back.

It's estimated to be a $70 billion dollar project when completed. And California has the money, so why not? The funny thing is that CA agreed to spend about 3B because the Fed Govt agreed to spend about that much if CA committed. Blind leading the stupid.

I'm not so sure about that.

California 8th largest economy if it were it's own nation. If the rest of the country is too stupid to realize the benefits of rapid transit why wait?

If it's really that beneficial why aren't any private companies pursuing it?

Exactly what does this have to do with California's bullet train? Oh that's right, not a !@#$ing thing. Why Alaska? Why not compare to the stupidity of Mississippi?

Exactly what does this have to do with California's bullet train? Oh that's right, not a !@#$ing thing. Why Alaska? Why not compare to the stupidity of Mississippi?

He's out of his element. He doesn't comprehend the difference between Federal and state funds, and he's just trying to take pot shots b/c he's of the belief that attacking Alaska hurts Darin's feelings.

He's out of his element. He doesn't comprehend the difference between Federal and state funds, and he's just trying to take pot shots b/c he's of the belief that attacking Alaska hurts Darin's feelings.

No I think it's a Palin thing. They dwell on her. Ever see one of those movie's where the creep has a wall covered with photograph's of his obsession? That would be lybob.

You know, because I make all the decisions for the state of Alaska and because I voted for the idiots who do. <_<

Yeah... When all else fails... Play dumb OR take things literally. Carry on.

I still have no idea what a war has to do with a cancelled train project in WI or a green-lit train project in CA...

Make the leap here Fez... I am talking pet projects/whatnot that these politicians want and think we all need. One way or another the previous admin was gonna get the wars... Just like some want the bullet trains... Everybody has their pet item. The wars were the most egregious ever... Like we needed to be protected... We needed it just as much as a stupid bullet train... At least young soldiers aren't going off to die for some false beliefs.

Ragging on this domestic bullet train project is like me going out and tricking my Jeep with 10,000 dollars worth of off-road supplies (the wars) and then ragging on my wife that we can't afford a 600 dollar light she wants for the foyer.

Make the leap here Fez... I am talking pet projects/whatnot that these politicians want and think we all need. One way or another the previous admin was gonna get the wars... Just like some want the bullet trains... Everybody has their pet item. The wars were the most egregious ever... Like we needed to be protected... We needed it just as much as a stupid bullet train... At least young soldiers aren't going off to die for some false beliefs.

Ragging on this domestic bullet train project is like me going out and tricking my Jeep with 10,000 dollars worth of off-road supplies (the wars) and then ragging on my wife that we can't afford a 600 dollar light she wants for the foyer.

Don't go there, it won't be pretty.... and darn it, I think I just agreed with you in another thread....

to put it simply, your comparing a war expenditure, as a "pet project" of Bush, to a train, as a "pet project" of PBO... never mind all the other ridiculously expensive "pet projects" and tax increases of PBO... What the F^#@ OVER!!!

Wars, plural? Afghanistan was a "pet project"? :wacko: