I love Buffalo because

MClem06

Native Buffalonians have an inferiority complex. Chicks with low self esteem makes it lot easier to get laid in Buffalo. Gotta love a chick who'll throw back a beer with you, pay attention through an entire Bills or Sabres game without once mentioning her nails or hair, and then clean out your pipes before the night is over. Kinda makes that shiitty factory job you have to got to Monday morning all worthwhile!

Edited by DML2005

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am and will always be a Buffalonian. I was born and raised there on Main street, Sisters Hospital to be exact. I love the people of Western New York because they helped mold me into the successful person I am today. Let me say this, the people of Western New York are a unique breed of people. There ethnic diversity I billieve is what makes this area of America so different. The food, the culture, the underdog mentality, even the weather almost gives this area a "Spartan Like" quality. Our neighbors to the North although another country have co-existed with us for hundreds of years is another tribute to the people of this entire region. Buffalo and all of Western New YORK is an area every one should be proud of. Granted it may not be for everyone, but people around the country are taking notice of our region and our football team is a big part of the reason why. So Go Bills, Go Sabres, and of course... Lets Go Buffalo.

and when it's 12 and 40 mph winds in February, it's 40 and nice in NYC, DC.....

I go to NYC for business all the time & imo the weather sucks there. It is too hot in the summer, it is always raining in the fall/spring & although they don't get much snow it is always in that 30-40 degree range in the winter so big deal. It might be an 18 degree diffence once or twice a winter season between buff & NYC but it certainly not the norm. I will take Buffalo's weather over NYC anyday especially the winter like we had this past year.

I go to NYC for business all the time & imo the weather sucks there. It is too hot in the summer, it is always raining in the fall/spring & although they don't get much snow it is always in that 30-40 degree range in the winter so big deal. It might be an 18 degree diffence once or twice a winter season between buff & NYC but it certainly not the norm. I will take Buffalo's weather over NYC anyday especially the winter like we had this past year.

You're just like my family back in Buffalo. All I have to do is mention the weather and they get all fired up. It's so easy and fun to watch. The need to defend Buffalo has always been funny to me. Except for college I lived in Buffalo for 30 years. Still have some family and friends there. Everyone there is so defensive. Make one negative remark about Buffalo and I get the full treatment....best food...best people...best weather...all 4 seasons...Just makes me laugh.

You're just like my family back in Buffalo. All I have to do is mention the weather and they get all fired up. It's so easy and fun to watch. The need to defend Buffalo has always been funny to me. Except for college I lived in Buffalo for 30 years. Still have some family and friends there. Everyone there is so defensive. Make one negative remark about Buffalo and I get the full treatment....best food...best people...best weather...all 4 seasons...Just makes me laugh.

We get it, you don't like shoveling snow :P

I am not fired up I was just trying to correct you. From my experience Buffalo has nicer weather then NYC. We get more snow but that is the only thing they have over us. We have drier springs, we have drier nicer falls & our summer weather is the nicest in the country. So I really don't know why anybody would think NYC has nicer weather then Buffalo.

I am not fired up I was just trying to correct you. From my experience Buffalo has nicer weather then NYC. We get more snow but that is the only thing they have over us. We have drier springs, we have drier nicer falls & our summer weather is the nicest in the country. So I really don't know why anybody would think NYC has nicer weather then Buffalo.

Not going to get in to a big discussion on weather but I am in the Delaware /Philly area and our winter, spring, and fall are much better than Buffalo. I'll concede the summer because the heat here is brutal but that's it.

Not going to get in to a big discussion on weather but I am in the Delaware /Philly area and our winter, spring, and fall are much better than Buffalo. I'll concede the summer because the heat here is brutal but that's it.

i agree nucci! i am in monto co, heat is brutal, i will take buffalo weather . i have been here 4 years, while it is nice, i miss buffalo . the people are just different here, buffalo people are one of a kind . quick example:in buffalo when 2 different people are heading to the check out lines in a grocery store in buffalo, both look to see who has less items and you offer them a chance to go ahead. here in the philly area, people, head down, go right in, i happened to let a guy go ahead of me, he looked at me like i had two heads. hard to explain, but anybody from buffalo knows what i mean.

...because the 1900's era housing made of solid wood, stone, and brick that dominates most of the city has tremendous character and is incredibly beautiful. It could never be reproduced today.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

i agree nucci! i am in monto co, heat is brutal, i will take buffalo weather . i have been here 4 years, while it is nice, i miss buffalo . the people are just different here, buffalo people are one of a kind . quick example:in buffalo when 2 different people are heading to the check out lines in a grocery store in buffalo, both look to see who has less items and you offer them a chance to go ahead. here in the philly area, people, head down, go right in, i happened to let a guy go ahead of me, he looked at me like i had two heads. hard to explain, but anybody from buffalo knows what i mean.

Great example! I wondered where I learned that. ;)

Because everything I learned about responsibility, perseverance, effort determines outcome and a host of other important life disciplines I learned from quiet moments alone, delivering the Courier Express in every imaginable weather situation for three years at 6am without ever missing a day from age 12-15.

And, when I go back, people look you in the eye when they talk to you.

Not from "Buffalo" but was born and raised in Olean. I love WNY and have been gone since 88 when I joined the Marines. I retire 1 June of next year and really want to move back. The people of WNY are amazing and the memories of growing up there never leave me. From the 4 seasons, to the small town feel there is nothing I dislike about the area. There may not be much work, or opportunity, and taxes may suck but I don't care if I end up in bankruptsy, it's home and where I will be for good and I can't wait. The food is amazing and the hills of the southern tier during the fall cannot be beat.

Not from "Buffalo" but was born and raised in Olean. I love WNY and have been gone since 88 when I joined the Marines. I retire 1 June of next year and really want to move back. The people of WNY are amazing and the memories of growing up there never leave me. From the 4 seasons, to the small town feel there is nothing I dislike about the area. There may not be much work, or opportunity, and taxes may suck but I don't care if I end up in bankruptsy, it's home and where I will be for good and I can't wait. The food is amazing and the hills of the southern tier during the fall cannot be beat.

Thanks for your service!!! I joined the Air Force in '88 and still have a few years left in me before I punch. I've been all around the world, but there are few places that can hold a candle to what WNY provides in all facets of life and good honest living.

I am willing to go on record (as much as the intetoob is actually on recordP and say one of the things Buffalo has going for it is the outstanding weather and there is actual objective evidence for this, namely:

Buffalo gets more sunshine that any other standard metropolitan assessment area in the northeast for the year and more than many other cities in the country for about 4 months each year.

The FACTS which underlie this is that Buffalo is further north than most US cities and just as Alaska is known as the land of the midnight sun necause on June 21 the sun virtually does not set at the north pole, around right now Buffalo gets more sunlight than most cities.

The other climatological fact is the relative temperature difference between the Great Lskes and the land. In the winter, the water can only go down to 32 degrees and freezes the land can get much cooler. lake effect snow because the winds generally flow over the lake picks up moisture even from frozen water and then dumps it out as snow over the land.

This effect reverses in the spring (the water temperaruew haS limits for how high it can get befor evaporating or moving downstream while the land temperature can keep rising. When the cloud cover comes in from Japan or Seattke everyone gets the solid cloud cover. howeverif there simply are light clouds they actuallt burn off allowing more of the sun to get through. Buffalo gets far more sun than much of the sunbelt in the spring, summer and early fall.

If you refuse to believe some yokel on the web then ask the US weather service which keeps statisical measures of sunlight. They also talk about it being a Superman Day which is one where the overhead photos show broken clouds on the west of Lake Ontario continues down and moves east over Grand Isk Island but then the clound layer breaks west down Lake Erie forming a perfect S like Superman's costume.

I find Buffalo to be so much more pleasant weatherwise than Chicago where I grew up. In Chicago's windy city the wind came sweeping in over the planes and delivers HIGH temps which do not exceed freezing come November. For a week or so in January the HIGH temp is around zero.

Buffalo does get Lake Effect snow as part of the winter, but it simply plows this out of the way mostly. Moisture however does add warmth in terms of Lake effect snow and moisture means heat. Its a very rare single digit temperature day here.

Add to that the convenience of Buffalo's steep population drop which makes commuting issues non-existent here. I lived in DC and when you got in your car you were commiting to at least a half-hour in it and probably more no matter how far you went )even parking usually took half an hour). Buffalo however is notable in that a 20 minute drive puts you about anywhere you want to go in the city or the suburbs.

The weather and the commute simply make this a wonderful region!

You lived in Buffalo for 30 years and still have SOME family and friends. Now I get your Buffalo hate.

You know how many 12 degree days with 40 mph winds we have - maybe one a winter and none this winter. I was in NYC during your beloved February and the weather sucked. I have also spent many a horrific day there when it's in the 90s. Nothing is hotter than NYC for some reason........And, I love NYC. But, not the weather.

You lived in Buffalo for 30 years and still have SOME family and friends. Now I get your Buffalo hate.

You know how many 12 degree days with 40 mph winds we have - maybe one a winter and none this winter. I was in NYC during your beloved February and the weather sucked. I have also spent many a horrific day there when it's in the 90s. Nothing is hotter than NYC for some reason........And, I love NYC. But, not the weather.

I don't have hate for Buffalo. The reason I only have SOME family and friends left is many left for work and others have died. I don't have love for February or NYC. Just making a general weather comment. Don't understand your opening statement. You did prove my point. Imply anything negative about the area and you get attacked.

Edited by nucci