The Tea Party Surge

PTS

Don't think so. I think it was pretty well-known Democrats were losing the house.

Polls trending wrong way for Romney though. We'll see if this ruling has an effect. I'm sure he is hoping for a rough jobs report in July!

At the time Obamacare was getting passed?

As for the polls, until the debates I don't put a whole lot of stock into them. I fully expect this to be close until ~mid-Ocotober and then it will break hard for one of them and the final result won't look close.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think so. I think it was pretty well-known Democrats were losing the house.

Polls trending wrong way for Romney though. We'll see if this ruling has an effect. I'm sure he is hoping for a rough jobs report in July!

Polls? Have we not learned anything?

I'm not saying all conservatives do this but if I get a call from a pollster, I hang up. I don't have time for nonsense.

Listening to Andrew Wilkow on Sirius XM Patroit. He just played this speech by Ronald Reagan dating back to 1961.

youtube.com/watch?v=iShCXx_xZDQ

What He Said.

Yup, and Socialized medicine survived and expanded in his eight years. Love ya Ronnie, but you could of lived up to your own beliefs a little better :/

Listening to Andrew Wilkow on Sirius XM Patroit. He just played this speech by Ronald Reagan dating back to 1961.

youtube.com/watch?v=iShCXx_xZDQ

What He Said.

It's funny, the way things evolve. Up until not that long ago, healthcare coverage for all was a Republican cause.

It's funny, the way things evolve. Up until not that long ago, healthcare coverage for all was a Republican cause.

Who are you going to find that says all people shouldn't be able to have healthcare coverage?

It's how you implement that idea that divides people.

Who are you going to find that says all people shouldn't be able to have healthcare coverage?

It's how you implement that idea that divides people.

Sorry, should have said mandatory healthcare coverage. If, as you say, the divide on the issue is merely how it is implemented, I think you are mistaken. The whole concept of "mandatory" anything, coming from the government, seems to flip a lot of people out, even if, in the long run, it would be best for everyone... the bill, the way it is, needs to be shaped in some areas, but it is a start.

OP represents a political ideology that will go no where. 2010 was a midterm and now is now.

If people think that 10 and 12 will track 06 and 08 "just cause," they're mistaken. The hypothetical democratic candidate was conistently beating McCain (after he secured the nomination) by 5-7 points.

That is not so this time around. Obama is trending up in battleground states. It sucks to watch. And people want to talk about the tea party! You think some signs showing people with funny mustaches and politicans in effigy carried around by a couple hundred thousand people wearing teabags like curtains around their head is going to adjust those trend lines?

People need to realize that wearing stupid hats, and carrying around black powder muskets isn't gonna do anything but alientate the white, Toyota Sequoia driving women, in Sterling, VA.

Romney can win if people don't make a big deal of this ACA issue and instead refocus their attention on their pockets and the shortcomings of this administration with respect to that. Economy. Economy. Economy.

Romney can win if he presents a strong national defense character (which includes immigration awareness). Defense. Defense. Defense.

ACA is subterfuge and the spinning of it is gonna lead to incoherence. At the end of the day it is just more media time to discuss reasons for the same end result - Obama won. It just means more instances of the dispositive issue not being addressed - the econonomy is hurting.

The election is in 4 months.

OP represents a political ideology that will go no where. 2010 was a midterm and now is now.

If people think that 10 and 12 will track 06 and 08 "just cause," they're mistaken. The hypothetical democratic candidate was conistently beating McCain (after he secured the nomination) by 5-7 points.

That is not so this time around. Obama is trending up in battleground states. It sucks to watch. And people want to talk about the tea party! You think some signs showing people with funny mustaches and politicans in effigy carried around by a couple hundred thousand people wearing teabags like curtains around their head is going to adjust those trend lines?

People need to realize that wearing stupid hats, and carrying around black powder muskets isn't gonna do anything but alientate the white, Toyota Sequoia driving women, in Sterling, VA.

Romney can win if people don't make a big deal of this ACA issue and instead refocus their attention on their pockets and the shortcomings of this administration with respect to that. Economy. Economy. Economy.

Romney can win if he presents a strong national defense character (which includes immigration awareness). Defense. Defense. Defense.

ACA is subterfuge and the spinning of it is gonna lead to incoherence. At the end of the day it is just more media time to discuss reasons for the same end result - Obama won. It just means more instances of the dispositive issue not being addressed - the econonomy is hurting.

The election is in 4 months.

By your comments, I'm pretty sure you've never been to a Tea Party event. Or at least your impressions of them come from MSNBC.

Obamacare is a big deal because it directly affects the economy.

The Tea Party movement immediate goals will be to remove Obama and democrats from office this November but ultimately, the goal is to restore the republican Party.

Neither party is good but one of them is flat out dangerous to the well being of our nation.

By your comments, I'm pretty sure you've never been to a Tea Party event. Or at least your impressions of them come from MSNBC.

As Mr. Romney emphasized about the economic fallout that would occur if Obamacare was left in place.

If we want good jobs and a bright economic future for ourselves and for our kids, we must replace Obamacare,” he declared. “That is my mission. That is our work, and I’m asking the people of America to join me.”

If you don’t want the course President Obama has put us on, if you want instead a course that the founders envisioned, then join me in this effort,” Romney added. “Help us. Help us defeat Obamacare, help us defeat the liberal agenda that makes government too big, too intrusive, and is killing jobs across this great country.”

The Tea Party movement immediate goals will be to remove Obama and democrats from office this November but ultimately, the goal is to restore the republican Party.

Neither party is good but one of them is flat out dangerous to the well being of our nation.

I have. Admittedly going to the rally wasn't my intended objective. I was on the red line headed to my normal stop (at the time) on the K St. side of Farragut and I was confronted by some unusual characters on the metro.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up spending my "lunch time" that day at a tax day rally down in D.C. back in 2010. Literally, there were people with wooden musket toys, 18th and 19th century military outfits, bear skins, effigy dolls, Harry Reid's with "suggestive" and decidedly German (circa 1940s) 'staches, and other nuts. But there were also people there to listen and learn who were decidedly normal. Few were minority. No black or brown. Quite a few Asians (suprisingly). Mostly older women (Asians). 50+ white males were the dominant demo. A lot of pamphlets. Big buses transporting people with cotton neon shorts and homemade shirts.

Anyway, the impression that I was left with is that it would be difficult for that group to make a significant mark on the type of mainstream republican party voter needed to win in 2012. I think that the essence of their message (though principally strong) may be slightly too esoteric.

I may be a little judgmental because I had to scold a few for standing stationary on both sides of the metro escalator.

Stand on the right. Walk on the left. Thank you.

Edited by Juror#8

This has happened too far away from the election to have any direct connection. But there is a good chance the TEA Party is energized.

Wrong. Obamacare was a year old leading into the 2010 elections and the GOP results were historic primarily because of the Tea Party. Granted, the lazy pundits focused on the Sharon Angles of the world, but everyone else saw what really happened. And if the economy doesnt' start gaining jobs, and I mean fast, it will happen again.

Agree on everything. Romney can't win unless economy really starts to tank I think.

It doesn't matter how bad the economy is doing; the media and Obama shills like you will still dismiss it, try to blame Bush, etc.

But I think you're right about this decision helping Obama. People are stupid and will rally around the 'help all Americans' rhetoric -- even though the majority of Americans will see nothing from this legislation other than higher insurance rates.

Edited by KD in CT

It doesn't matter how bad the economy is doing; the media and Obama shills like you will still dismiss it, try to blame Bush, etc.

But I think you're right about this decision helping Obama. People are stupid and will rally around the 'help all Americans' rhetoric -- even though the majority of Americans will see nothing from this legislation other than higher insurance rates.

You can bet, insurance companies will be hiring! Job creation?

That is the part of the bill I don't like... bend-over for the insurance companies. But, you know, any government regulation is bad!

We're going to see a surge in support for Romney and it will carry over into swing Congressional districts, Senate races, and maybe even a few Governorships

I think it is safe to say, nobody knows anything. Virtually everytime makes a prediction about the way these things will turn out, they are wrong.

Edited by Buftex

I think Obama's fate lies on Jobs Numbers and the Economy- if Swing States like Ohio continue to improve, he has a very good chance in November.

I wouldn't say Obama has a lock on anything though... especially facing fears of a 2x dip

The irony of the situation is that the swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and even Wisconsin elected Republican Governors in 2010. Their economies have been improving since 2011. So who will these voters give the credit too, the Governors or the President?

I have. Admittedly going to the rally wasn't my intended objective. I was on the red line headed to my normal stop (at the time) on the K St. side of Farragut and I was confronted by some unusual characters on the metro.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up spending my "lunch time" that day at a tax day rally down in D.C. back in 2010. Literally, there were people with wooden musket toys, 18th and 19th century military outfits, bear skins, effigy dolls, Harry Reid's with "suggestive" and decidedly German (circa 1940s) 'staches, and other nuts. But there were also people there to listen and learn who were decidedly normal. Few were minority. No black or brown. Quite a few Asians (suprisingly). Mostly older women (Asians). 50+ white males were the dominant demo. A lot of pamphlets. Big buses transporting people with cotton neon shorts and homemade shirts.

Anyway, the impression that I was left with is that it would be difficult for that group to make a significant mark on the type of mainstream republican party voter needed to win in 2012. I think that the essence of their message (though principally strong) may be slightly too esoteric.

I may be a little judgmental because I had to scold a few for standing stationary on both sides of the metro escalator.

Stand on the right. Walk on the left. Thank you.

Very revealing post.

I hope that you had your designer sunglasses off, so it was easier on you to look down your nose.

The irony of the situation is that the swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and even Wisconsin elected Republican Governors in 2010. Their economies have been improving since 2011. So who will these voters give the credit too, the Governors or the President?

Haven't you heard, the Romney campaign has been telling Republican governors to stop talking about how the economy is improving, because it conflicts with the Romney talking points that the economy is getting worse.

Haven't you heard, the Romney campaign has been telling Republican governors to stop talking about how the economy is improving, because it conflicts with the Romney talking points that the economy is getting worse.

States run by Republican governors are the only ones that can claim the economy is getting better. That Obama sure is improving the economies in states with Republican governors!