The Tea Party Surge

PTS

Very revealing post.

I hope that you had your designer sunglasses off, so it was easier on you to look down your nose.

That's not my style. I hate sunglasses.

But depending on what day that was (I remember that it was the end of the week because the tourists were out), I was either wearing a Canali suit (I only wear Canali suits), or Zanella slacks with an 1818 shirt (if casual Friday). They can both be considered designer-light - but that depends on your sartorial disposition and, of course, if you've worn bespoke before.

If you have worn bespoke (which I haven't), Canali ain't ****.

Edited by Juror#8

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to see a surge in support for Romney and it will carry over into swing Congressional districts, Senate races, and maybe even a few Governorships

If the unemployment numbers worsen, Romney will be laying the blame on Obamacare.

OP represents a political ideology that will go no where. 2010 was a midterm and now is now.

If people think that 10 and 12 will track 06 and 08 "just cause," they're mistaken. The hypothetical democratic candidate was conistently beating McCain (after he secured the nomination) by 5-7 points.

That is not so this time around. Obama is trending up in battleground states. It sucks to watch. And people want to talk about the tea party! You think some signs showing people with funny mustaches and politicans in effigy carried around by a couple hundred thousand people wearing teabags like curtains around their head is going to adjust those trend lines?

People need to realize that wearing stupid hats, and carrying around black powder muskets isn't gonna do anything but alientate the white, Toyota Sequoia driving women, in Sterling, VA.

Romney can win if people don't make a big deal of this ACA issue and instead refocus their attention on their pockets and the shortcomings of this administration with respect to that. Economy. Economy. Economy.

Romney can win if he presents a strong national defense character (which includes immigration awareness). Defense. Defense. Defense.

ACA is subterfuge and the spinning of it is gonna lead to incoherence. At the end of the day it is just more media time to discuss reasons for the same end result - Obama won. It just means more instances of the dispositive issue not being addressed - the econonomy is hurting.

The election is in 4 months.

So there's a bit of showmanship.

I dunno. That kind of stuff works wonders getting women to watch Dancing With the Stars....

No matter what kind of stuff comes up, vouchsafe that it's NEVER far from most peoples' minds that the economy is reeling / nowhere near where it should be even after the recession b/c businesses are scared stevestojanless what redistributive entitlement Obama is going to railroad through next.

Edited by UConn James