The Tea Party Surge

PTS

I'm not sure if Justice Roberts is a goat or hero?

The winner today is the Tea Party. Some in the left thought the Tea Party has become irrelevant over the past six months.

Well, watch this "irrelevant" movement swell to levels never seen before and Romney -- even though he's not our ideal candidate -- will benefit.

You don't stir a hornet's nest that already stung you hard two years ago.

Edited by PTS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Taxed Enough Party has been just as strong as always, substituting grassroot campaigning for rallies, but your point is true enough.

First, those who dislike the mandate — which includes a majority of U.S. voters — will now have no recourse but to vote for Mitt Romney to repeal it.

Second, the only way the administration prevailed was to have Obama’s main legislative accomplishment redefined as one of the largest middle-class tax increases in the history of the country.

Does that really sound like a good political outcome to you?

The winner today is the Tea Party. Some in the left thought the Tea Party has become irrelevant over the past six months.

Well, watch this "irrelevant" movement swell to levels never seen before and Romney -- even though he's not our ideal candidate -- will benefit.

It'll be interesting to see how this win for the President turns out in the end.

He's just lost one of his major boogie men (SCOTUS) to campaign against and now the majority that oppose Obamacare realize that if they want to see it gone w/in the next 5 years they will have to vote the President out of office. I expect you are correct that this ruling will galvanize those who oppose Obamacare.

Way too early to tell, but it could definitely end up one of those 'win the battle, lose the war' sort of deals.

Wasn't that what people on your side of the aisle were saying in mid-2010?

Don't think so. I think it was pretty well-known Democrats were losing the house.

Polls trending wrong way for Romney though. We'll see if this ruling has an effect. I'm sure he is hoping for a rough jobs report in July!

This ruling should not hurt Obama at all. If anything, it may have sealed the election.

I think Obama's fate lies on Jobs Numbers and the Economy- if Swing States like Ohio continue to improve, he has a very good chance in November.

I wouldn't say Obama has a lock on anything though... especially facing fears of a 2x dip

I think Obama's fate lies on Jobs Numbers and the Economy- if Swing States like Ohio continue to improve, he has a very good chance in November.

I wouldn't say Obama has a lock on anything though... especially facing fears of a 2x dip

Agree on everything. Romney can't win unless economy really starts to tank I think.

Don't think so. I think it was pretty well-known Democrats were losing the house.

Polls trending wrong way for Romney though. We'll see if this ruling has an effect. I'm sure he is hoping for a rough jobs report in July!

Expect a rough jobs report. Repealing Obamacare would have given some certainty for business. Now it's back to uncertainty.

Agree on everything. Romney can't win unless economy really starts to tank I think.

Where have you been?

Expect a rough jobs report. Repealing Obamacare would have given some certainty for business. Now it's back to uncertainty.

Where have you been?

Obamacare is CERTAIN now. Republicans would be the one causing uncertainty by repealing...

"starts to tank" meaning losing jobs or GDP decreasing.

Obamacare is CERTAIN now. Republicans would be the one causing uncertainty by repealing...

Incorrect. The effects of Obamacare have yet to be seen, as much of the Affordable Care Act has yet to even take shape, thus creating uncertainty. Repealing Obamacare would alleviate the uncertainty and promote economic growth as the system would go unchanged and leave us with the problem we know, rather than the solution we have yet to see.

What 3rd was trying to communicate is that the economy has already tanked. It is "tanked". Suggesting that Obama may be hurt if the economy starts to tank, is like suggesting you may need to shovel if it starts to snow... 10 hours into a blizzard.

I think it would be more accurate to say Obama will likely be hurt when conditions fail to improve and the sovereign debt crisis in Europe hammers our markets with volatility similar to last summer and autumn. Another round of layoffs is on the horizon according to most reports from Wall Street. Can't imagine we'll be seeing any positive job reports between now and November given the climate abroad, but thats just my speculation.

Edited by Jauronimo

Obamacare is not "certain". If states can back out and if there is a chance of repeal it is "uncertain". The economy is already in the tank. If Obamacare was ruled unconstituitional that would have helped the economy and taken an issue away from the people against Obama.

Where have you been?

this all going to come down to swing states, and how those States are doing as far a recovery and jobs.... if it is good news, Obama wins. If they slump, he is very vulnerable.

Captain Obvious, huh?

Wasn't that what people on your side of the aisle were saying in mid-2010?

Well, to be fair, the other side (your side) seemed pretty confident that the Supreme Court would repeal the bill. So, the spin is begining, from both sides.

this all going to come down to swing states, and how those States are doing as far a recovery and jobs.... if it is good news, Obama wins. If they slump, he is very vulnerable.

Captain Obvious, huh?

That tears it B..........................I'm taking back my + reputation vote for you on the other board....lol

O.T. : I hope that you are not near any of the Colorado wildfires....stay safe.

Well, to be fair, the other side (your side) seemed pretty confident that the Supreme Court would repeal the bill. So, the spin is begining, from both sides.

Legislation is like MMA.

Never leave the decision in the hands of the judges.

That tears it B..........................I'm taking back my + reputation vote for you on the other board....lol

O.T. : I hope that you are not near any of the Colorado wildfires....stay safe.

thanks, B- not near the WildFires, but you can smell them everywhere. Now my freakin grass is another story, rain please!!!

Romney is just a white Obama, not any different at all

Romney is just a white Obama, not any different at all

Not really but I get your point. He's not the candidate of the Tea Party but he will get the full support of the Tea Party.

Well, the Taxed Enough Party has been just as strong as always, substituting grassroot campaigning for rallies, but your point is true enough.

First, those who dislike the mandate — which includes a majority of U.S. voters — will now have no recourse but to vote for Mitt Romney to repeal it.

Second, the only way the administration prevailed was to have Obama’s main legislative accomplishment redefined as one of the largest middle-class tax increases in the history of the country.

Does that really sound like a good political outcome to you?

I didn't mean to imply the TEA Party wasn't strong just that many on the left want to believe that. The Tea Party was going to be a force come November regardless of today's SCOTUS decision.