Fitzpatrick says, "Buffalo Bills success rests on me

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7PpK?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=buffalo-bills

Fitz is obviously a big key for us this year. He knows it. We know it.

Having had success last year with the current offense and with most of the guys that he will be playing with this year has to give him a lot of confidence.

Hopefully, we can keep him healthy for the duration of the year and then you never know what might happen.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7PpK?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=buffalo-bills

Having had success last year with the current offense and with most of the guys that he will be playing with this year has to give him a lot of confidence.

Hopefully, we can keep him healthy for the duration of the year and then you never know what might happen.

Well Duh! :rolleyes:

If he doesn't "a college hero could be creeping up on the depth chart." Usually bleacherreport contains useless information, but I guess this could be considered ok. That being said, I think fitz will do fine, stay healthy this season and return to his first half of the season last year status: He will be slightly above average and occasionally take us out of large games with interceptions.

Promo is right on!

Last year our offense was ranked #14 but every time they went to the bench they watched the opposing team control the ball and score.

When you combine always having to come from behind, the pain from London Fletchet's Toronto greeting, Fred getting hurt and all of our other injuries it is no surprise that Fitz was forcing the ball during the second half of the season.

A strong defense will be step one in Fitz's return to being a good winning qb, David Lee's guidance will be step two, a working relationship with Stevie, Nelson, and Chandler step three, and finally Fitz's intelligence and awareness that he needs to continue to get better.

I feel so good about this team now ... Let's hope they stay healthy and show it once the pads are on!

Success lies not with Fitz but with the defense. Gotta stop teams from running wild.

PTR

No, success lies with the offense and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or should I say FAILURE will lie with the offense and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Once our vastly improved defense sees that we have a weak QB and thus a weak offense they'll give up.

To me the season rests on Gaileys shoulders, then Fitz.

Both need to step it up a couple levels over last year for the Bills to take a big step forward this season in my opinion.

I agree with that statement, should the Bills get behind in the score is Gailey gonna go all out crazy trying to constantly pass like he did last year?

The best offensive player on the team is Fred Jackson, no question. Fred needs to get at least 25 touches a game, every game. The second best player is Stevie Johnson and he needs his targets as well.

A huge drop off in talent after those two, IMO! Unless Gailey starts utilizing Spiller more, with 4.27 speed you would think this kid would be involved in every offensive play somewhere.

Fitz IS NOT Tom Brady or Drew Brees and shouldn't be forced to shoulder the entire game. Gailey needs to build a running game and work it like he did the passing game the last two years. 2 out of the best players on offense are RB's... workem Chan!

Edited by Fear the Beard

If our D is as good as it should be and the OL as good as it should be and he still fails, Nix MUST move on and get another QB. No way can we keep our wagons hitched to this guy. I for one hopes he puts up probowl numbers and get us a superbowl win, but I am not holding my breath

:wallbash:

Another earth-shattering bit of news from B/R - usually I must go to the inside of a matchbook to find such profound insight!

How in the world do they keep scooping the rest of the journalistic world??? Is LSI their editor-in-chief maybe????

http://bleacherrepor...n=buffalo-bills

The actual quote accepts a much more realistic and reasonable amount of responsibility:

"A lot of that is on me," Fitzpatrick said Thursday, according to The Associated Press. "We know we have the talent, we know we have the system and the pieces. It's just a matter of going out there and being consistent."

But I guess "a lot of that" makes a much less dramatic and eye catching headline.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling this season is a big test of Chan Gailey. Some of us felt he failed to adjust sufficiently to having his offense "solved" by the Jets and Cowboys or to injuries.

No, success lies with the offense and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or should I say FAILURE will lie with the offense and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Once our vastly improved defense sees that we have a weak QB and thus a weak offense they'll give up.

Errrr.

1. The offense has a very tough job to score more points than the opposition, if the opposition is allowed to score points at will

2. A "vastly improved defense" that "gives up" is not exactly what I'd call a "vastly improved defense".

I think it is completely unfair to put that kind of pressure on yourself.....

- Blockers gotta block

- WR's gotta catch

- Our defense needs to live up to its billing

What we need from Fitz is to make smart decisions and not press.......in order for that to happen our defense has to keep us in games.

When Fitz does not press...he is actually quite good

No, success will come when we don't have to score 30 points every game to win. If we had leads, or didn't have to make up so many points, I don't think Fitz looks so bad last year. And our running backs would look even better. I understand we don't have tom Brady, but Fitz can do the job. Just don't ask him to take over every game. He can step up at times ie, NE 1, and the raiders. Stop the defensive hemorrhaging.

And for all the hate for Fitz... Who else could we put on our roster right now that will be a long term replacment? I don't want to scrap the guy who RUNS our offence until the we have a long term answer in the wings. And by long term answer I mean a guy like Brady.