Why I do not worri about Firzy

Hplarrm

Gailey has shown the ability to win and even make the play offs with marginal QB talent before with marginal talent at QB. He might have do this again Fitz blows up again but he could under Lee/Gailey lead a winner and crawl to the playoffs.

Gailey has shown the ability to win and even make the play offs with marginal QB talent before with marginal talent at QB. He might have do this again Fitz blows up again but he could under Lee/Gailey lead a winner and crawl to the playoffs.

You should check in with your sponsor before posting.

However, as cryptic as the message is, I understand where you are going, get it and agree. Gailey has done marvelous things with QB's of less than average talent - Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler come to mind. No saying Fitz is less than average, he is not. Fitz is fine. ANY QB would have been challenged in the 2nd half of last season with no comfortable #2, injuries to two spots on the O Line, losing Fred Ex and having broken ribs. We are good to go with Fitz as our QB.

Alot of people think you need a top 5 QB to win the super bowl, what you need is a top 5 defense and an offense that can manage a game. Fitzy is probably in my mind a top 15 QB, that is pretty damn good compared to the ones we have had over the past 10 years or so. Fitz is good enough and smart enough to get us to the super bowl, he can't and won't have to do it alone, he's got a great play caller, and an above average line in front of him, and two of the best running backs, combine that with a top 5 defense.. It's a team sport, you can't have pro bowlers at every position, we should be thank full our days of trent edwards / J.P. Losman / and others are over and we have a top 15 QB, maybe a top 10 if he plays like he did before the rib injury last year.. People act like if we don't have payton manning tossing the pigs skin around we have nothing... Me personally I think Fitz can take us, is the exact type of blus collor guy we want, and actually cares about winning....

Fill us in on tomorrow's epic hangover, dude. :P

Actually, my apologies for any mispellings, it was a tough night though I only wish my ramblings stemmed from the temporary fun that a hangover implies.

I was a bit tired when I scribbled as I had just returned to the lovely homestead in Buffalo on the last flight of the day from Midway airport where I had been attending my Dad's funeral.

I guess it is fairly thin gruel but his death was in many ways a blessing as it ended roughly two months when he in an a rehab (allegedly) center under care for a heart stoppage. His heart was restarted due to quick CPR from a 24/7 home healthcare aide who lived in his home, but given the denial of oxygen his brain suffered for at least a couple of minutes, the "quick" action probably only bought a couple of months of suffering in the emergency room and then the extended care center where he spent his last two months on the planet.

I was a bit tired when I hit the TSW (hence the miscues) but it was nice to see at least one reply which got the point that:

1. Gailey has a pretty proven record of success with substndard QBs to the level of producing consistent winners with the uber-talented but fatally flawed as a QB Kordell and even made the playoffs led by the lackluster and ultimately failed as a QB Fiedler (I do not know the exact history of substandard QBs on other team's but didn't Gailey also play a signifcant role in squeezing better performance than his talent level out of Bulger at QB?

2. The Bills approach this year seems interesting and to make some sense. Demand of Gailey that he produce similar offense results that he already has demonstrated in the past, but also really load up in the front 4 (and maybe front 7 if Merriman produces like even a shade of his former production as one of the best young defenders in the NFL).

The Bills should be able to rotate in a DL with 4 players as least three of whom demand a double-team. By forcing opposing OCs to essentially max protect the QB from the start (5 OL players who first job is blocking and also the TE gets a first call blocking assignment and comes out of the pass pattern, and now in addition, one of the RBs first call is now blitz pick-up if anybody on the OL gets beaten) this essentially leaves the QB 3 receiving options who are covered by 4-6 Bills depending upon their blitz calls. It simply get unpleasant pretty quick for the opposing offense.

3. What dies this have to do with the O? A. Field position B. Turnovers. The two folks who should be happiest about the Bills off-season acquisitions are Jarius Byrd who has already demonstrated great opportunistic felony skills which got him a deserved Pro Bowl berth as a rookie. He has got to be salivating in that a key role for him is going to be as a centerfielder trying to diagnose which of three passing options the QB is going to chose (or even worse for the QB if he is going to hold the ball and try to hit one his blitz pick-up guys who releases from his initial blocking assignment and tries to get out into a pass route. Byrd should have tons of opportunities as a FS to diagnose plays and swoop in for a pick-off.

The other happy sole should be Fitzy though as he should get the both the benefit of a short field after turnovers and also he is free to take risks because if he does and throws his own INTs or goes three and out, the Bills rotating DL comes in and harrases the opponent.

Gailey winning once with a flawed QB is simply an incident.

His winning twice may well simply be a coincidence.

However him showing good offensive chops with a substandard QB three times can reasonably be thought of as a trend.

I like the approach we are taking and though one should always be concerned whether your QB should be better (without regard to whether your QB is Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf) I think worry about Fitzy is probablt misplaced as Gailey has shown he can win consistenly with a substandard QB.

Again my apologies for the rambling and misspelling. Between my Dad'sdeath and also the case of MS I have causing late night fatigue hurts the spelling.

Actually, my apologies for any mispellings, it was a tough night though I only wish my ramblings stemmed from the temporary fun that a hangover implies.

I was a bit tired when I scribbled as I had just returned to the lovely homestead in Buffalo on the last flight of the day from Midway airport where I had been attending my Dad's funeral.

I guess it is fairly thin gruel but his death was in many ways a blessing as it ended roughly two months when he in an a rehab (allegedly) center under care for a heart stoppage. His heart was restarted due to quick CPR from a 24/7 home healthcare aide who lived in his home, but given the denial of oxygen his brain suffered for at least a couple of minutes, the "quick" action probably only bought a couple of months of suffering in the emergency room and then the extended care center where he spent his last two months on the planet.

I was a bit tired when I hit the TSW (hence the miscues) but it was nice to see at least one reply which got the point that:

1. Gailey has a pretty proven record of success with substndard QBs to the level of producing consistent winners with the uber-talented but fatally flawed as a QB Kordell and even made the playoffs led by the lackluster and ultimately failed as a QB Fiedler (I do not know the exact history of substandard QBs on other team's but didn't Gailey also play a signifcant role in squeezing better performance than his talent level out of Bulger at QB?

2. The Bills approach this year seems interesting and to make some sense. Demand of Gailey that he produce similar offense results that he already has demonstrated in the past, but also really load up in the front 4 (and maybe front 7 if Merriman produces like even a shade of his former production as one of the best young defenders in the NFL).

The Bills should be able to rotate in a DL with 4 players as least three of whom demand a double-team. By forcing opposing OCs to essentially max protect the QB from the start (5 OL players who first job is blocking and also the TE gets a first call blocking assignment and comes out of the pass pattern, and now in addition, one of the RBs first call is now blitz pick-up if anybody on the OL gets beaten) this essentially leaves the QB 3 receiving options who are covered by 4-6 Bills depending upon their blitz calls. It simply get unpleasant pretty quick for the opposing offense.

3. What dies this have to do with the O? A. Field position B. Turnovers. The two folks who should be happiest about the Bills off-season acquisitions are Jarius Byrd who has already demonstrated great opportunistic felony skills which got him a deserved Pro Bowl berth as a rookie. He has got to be salivating in that a key role for him is going to be as a centerfielder trying to diagnose which of three passing options the QB is going to chose (or even worse for the QB if he is going to hold the ball and try to hit one his blitz pick-up guys who releases from his initial blocking assignment and tries to get out into a pass route. Byrd should have tons of opportunities as a FS to diagnose plays and swoop in for a pick-off.

The other happy sole should be Fitzy though as he should get the both the benefit of a short field after turnovers and also he is free to take risks because if he does and throws his own INTs or goes three and out, the Bills rotating DL comes in and harrases the opponent.

Gailey winning once with a flawed QB is simply an incident.

His winning twice may well simply be a coincidence.

However him showing good offensive chops with a substandard QB three times can reasonably be thought of as a trend.

I like the approach we are taking and though one should always be concerned whether your QB should be better (without regard to whether your QB is Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf) I think worry about Fitzy is probablt misplaced as Gailey has shown he can win consistenly with a substandard QB.

Again my apologies for the rambling and misspelling. Between my Dad'sdeath and also the case of MS I have causing late night fatigue hurts the spelling.

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I hope you know I was only pulling your chain a little.

Fill us in on tomorrow's epic hangover, dude. :P

Ha, I was thinking same thing

Hope he didn't drunk text an ex girlfriend

Update: Just read his reply, sorry to hear about ur father

Edited by Max997