Expectations

Owen

Bills expectations are high as they well should be....

Other than hoping for a large number of wins what else should we as fans be hoping the Bills players achieve?

What kind of stats help let us know how we compare with other teams? What are the players themselves using as comparisons?

I don't have the answers but I imagine many of you do... like sacks, pressures, completions etc...

Does the team have goals besides in the win column to make for a better season... I bet they do ... What are they in your opinion ...

It will be interesting to see what you Bills fans have to say that is constructive .....

Bills expectations are high as they well should be....

Other than hoping for a large number of wins what else should we as fans be hoping the Bills players achieve?

What kind of stats help let us know how we compare with other teams? What are the players themselves using as comparisons?

I don't have the answers but I imagine many of you do... like sacks, pressures, completions etc...

Does the team have goals besides in the win column to make for a better season... I bet they do ... What are they in your opinion ...

It will be interesting to see what you Bills fans have to say that is constructive .....

What else is there but enough wins to get in to the playoffs? Stats mean nothing. It's all about wins and getting in the playoffs this year.

If Fitz throws for 3500 yds 25 td and 12 interceptions, the playoff drought is over.

Sprinkle in FJ and Spiller combining for around 2000yds and 15td.

On D have two lineman with double digit sacks. I don't care who it is.

The secondary will lead the league in interceptions. Look for Byrd to go back to his ballhawking days and get 6 int.

If Fitz throws for 3500 yds 25 td and 12 interceptions, the playoff drought is over.

The secondary will lead the league in interceptions. Look for Byrd to go back to his ballhawking days and get 6 int.

Lets assume this happens, is the AFC championship played In Buffalo or on the road?

Of course, these counting statistics are more of an effect than a cause.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Causing the uncontrollable weeping of one Tom Brady after our defense beats the tar out of him.

My slight modification: Brady's uncontrolled weeping during the Bills beatdowns and Brady's crying to the refs being ignored.

My expectations? They're usually in a few phases.

The first one is what I've had for many years starting w/ the regular season: win'em all. If we do that, then win all the post-season games too. Why not?

Next, play smart football. A team's chances of winning increase exponentially if they make very few,(preferably none) mistakes that "shoots them in the foot."

Those are the ones from over the last several years. The first one listed was more of a wish than a real expectation. But now for THIS year.

1.Get to double digit(10) wins ASAP. I think that's a gold-standard for being in the play-off hunt. If its week 15 & you're trying to get your 8th or 9th win, you'r on the outside looking in and you're probably not a strong play-off contender anyway. (Unless your getting hot in the second half of the season.)

2. Division games, sweep Miami, sweep the Jets, and AT LEAST split w/ the Patriots. (But just like the first one I mentioned at the top of the post. I'd like to see the Bills win'em all.)

3. Pressure on the Qb's, and stuff the run.

4. Redundant expectation: Make the playoffs.

There's a number of things I want to see this year.

1 - The most obvious is an improved pass rush. Ours was awful last year.

2 - Less big plays from opposing RB's. Too many 3rd and longs without a stop.

3 - Less interceptions from Fitzpatrick. 20's is only acceptable if he's throwing 40's for TD's.

4 - Less "playing to the level of the opposition". We need to crush bad teams and prove a point.

5 - Opening weekend win against the Jets on the road. Road games have been this team's kryptonite.

1. Fitz proves he is a starter and franchise QB. Throws over 3,500 yards and 25tds.

2. Freddy and CJ combine for over 2,000 yards and 15 TDs

3. Stevie has another 1,000 yard 10+ td season

4. Pass rush is back in a big way. Stopping teams on 3rd down much more than in recent past. 2 players at, above or around 10+ sacks

5. Chan humbles himself and doesn't out think his smart gimmicky, pass happy offense and just realizes we can pound the ball and not rely in the pass so much which in turn opens up the pass. Ironic huh.

6. At minimum a split in the division at 3-3 or better yet 4-2 as we sweep the Phins. 5-1 would be good as we split with the Pats but sweep Jets and Phins.

7. If that happens in the division we should be 10-6 or better.

8. Making the playoffs.

1. Fitz proves he is a starter and franchise QB. Throws over 3,500 yards and 25tds.

2. Freddy and CJ combine for over 2,000 yards and 15 TDs

3. Stevie has another 1,000 yard 10+ td season

4. Pass rush is back in a big way. Stopping teams on 3rd down much more than in recent past. 2 players at, above or around 10+ sacks

5. Chan humbles himself and doesn't out think his smart gimmicky, pass happy offense and just realizes we can pound the ball and not rely in the pass so much which in turn opens up the pass. Ironic huh.

6. At minimum a split in the division at 3-3 or better yet 4-2 as we sweep the Phins. 5-1 would be good as we split with the Pats but sweep Jets and Phins.

7. If that happens in the division we should be 10-6 or better.

8. Making the playoffs.

Fixed

Also a seasoning end defeat of the NYJ to guarantee the Jets a losing record, with Rex Ryan being fired on New Years Eve!!

Edited by BRAWNDO

Finish .500 or better in the division. Pull that off and we should see a minimum of 9 overall victories.

Agreed. Gotta beat NYJ and Mia Twice and NE once if you want any chance at the Playoffs... otherwise see ya next season...