Being a "Buffalo Guy"

bopper2

Over a few bottles at a local adult beverage dispensary with some fiends, the subject of football came up, which led to the topic of Tom Brady. We all agreed that if the Bills had snatched him before the Pats did in the sixth round, no matter what he did on the field, he would never have been considered a "Buffalo Guy". Knocking up super models, building a mega mansion on the left coast, and failing to find suitable lodging for your old man would disqualify him for life.

At this point we set out to define just what it means to be a "Buffalo Guy". Here is what we came up with before we ran out of room on our cocktail napkin.

A Buffalo Guy.......

Does not hide in the mens's room when it's his turn to buy a round. (I'm looking at you, Stosh)

Does not wear bow ties. EVER. Only exception is when you have the misfortune of being in a wedding party.

Does not drape a sweater over his shoulders and tie the sleeves across his chest. Gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Knows all the words to "O Canada".

Thinks snow tires are for sissies.

Makes sure his elderly neighbor's plow pile is cleared before he goes to work.

Knows that it's alley, not lane; gutter not channel; pop not soda; and Thruway, not freeway, because nothing is free in New York.

Knows what it means to "do Chiavetta's".

Knows that 716 has the best summers anywhere.

Lists "Shout" as one of his favorite songs.

Can't give good directions to out of towers because he knows landmarks, not street names. "So, you hang a right at the Old Post Office.....".

N/ADoes not hide in the mens's room when it's his turn to buy a round. (I'm looking at you, Stosh)

Does not wear bow ties. EVER. Only exception is when you have the misfortune of being in a wedding party.

Does not drape a sweater over his shoulders and tie the sleeves across his chest. Gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Makes sure his elderly neighbor's plow pile is cleared before he goes to work. I'm assuming mowing grass doesn't count?

Knows that it's alley, not lane; gutter not channel; pop not soda; and Thruway, not freeway, because nothing is free in New York.

Can't give good directions to out of towers because he knows landmarks, not street names. "So, you hang a right at the Old Post Office.....".

O Canada, really? I can barely remember the US' song. Other than that, buying a round(too young for that), and shoveling the elderly man's driveway (I do mow the guys lawn though)I do everything else. That makes me 8/11 of a Buffalo guy. :thumbsup:

Over a few bottles at a local adult beverage dispensary with some fiends, the subject of football came up, which led to the topic of Tom Brady. We all agreed that if the Bills had snatched him before the Pats did in the sixth round, no matter what he did on the field, he would never have been considered a "Buffalo Guy". Knocking up super models, building a mega mansion on the left coast, and failing to find suitable lodging for your old man would disqualify him for life.

At this point we set out to define just what it means to be a "Buffalo Guy". Here is what we came up with before we ran out of room on our cocktail napkin.

A Buffalo Guy.......

Does not hide in the mens's room when it's his turn to buy a round. (I'm looking at you, Stosh)

I know too many people like this. If all 6 people you are with buy a round and you sneak out prior to your turn, that's bush league.

If Tom Brady was a Buffalo Bill and brought us 3 superbowl titles, we would rename Delaware Ave to Tom Brady Memorial Drive.

And everyone boy in Buffalo would want a Justin Bieber haircut.

There is no requirement to be a Buffalo guy, and guys that make lists are suspect

i respectfully disagree! i think buffalo people are one of a kind, salt of the earth! being a "buffalo guy" is a privledge, proud to be one! wearing my zubaz on special game days ,i do feel special! wherever i go, any chance i get to say im from buffalo ,makes me feel good!

Edited by dwight in philly

...can't reference any route without preceding the number with "the" ("get on the 33...")

...knows the only appropriate chant at the arena/stadium is "Let's Go, Buffalo!" (although "Ooh, Aah, Sabres on the Warpath" is also acceptable at hockey games)

Edited by eball

If Tom Brady was a Buffalo Bill and brought us 3 superbowl titles, we would rename Delaware Ave to Tom Brady Memorial Drive.

Well it could only be Tom Brady memorial drive if he was dead. Now if the Bills happen to kill Brady en route to winning the Super Bowl, I'd be ok with the rename. We can put the sign right out in front of the Avant since he hates our hotels so much.

Just a humble question....

If Brady were selected by the Bills in 2000, due to the coaching/regime changes of the past 12 seasons...would he have gotten a chance to start and/or still even be in the league?

You could counter that saying if Brady were selected by the Bills in 2000 would there have been so many coaching/regime changes?

You could counter that saying if Brady were selected by the Bills in 2000 would there have been so many coaching/regime changes?

Hell Yes! because if we drafted TB, no way our fool coaches start him ahed of Rob-surfer-Johnson!! :wallbash:

If Brady were selected by the Bills in 2000, due to the coaching/regime changes of the past 12 seasons...would he have gotten a chance to start and/or still even be in the league?

Start? Yes! Be Successful? No!

Most likely Brady would be battling Trent Edwards for the #3 slot on the Eagles this year. Signing for vet minimum and still single.

Hell Yes! because if we drafted TB, no way our fool coaches start him ahed of Rob-surfer-Johnson!! :wallbash:

Ditto...I'll admit, odds are Brady probably would've never excelled in the first year of the Greg Williams era and could've been camp fodder because the Williams era didn't draft him...Marcia would've been a Phillips era boy...Tom D stripped a lot of Phillips era players in his first season as GM and odds are Brady would not be on the 2001 sqaud...

Overall, the Bills went on to select in 2000 ultimate project Leif Larsen with the 194 pick...Brady went 199

Edit: Brady would've been overshadowed by Johnson/Flutie...which leads to another question....

Could rookie Brady in 2000 beat out Van Pelt for the 3rd QB spot?

Edited by KollegeStudnet

A Buffalo Guy.......

Not a bad list, but when did hooking up w/ super models and building mansions become frowned upon?