Whither Easley?

if hes going to do it he really should be able to do it this season, which is his third. that mental reps thing is no bull, it really works that way. if he has the capability in his body/psyche he should be able to start showing his mind is trained and ready

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easley has a lot physical tools for sure. But I agree that he is the most hyped player to never play a regular season down possibly ever in Bills history. I need to see him one stay healthy and two play some regular season downs before I get too excited about the guy.

Easley has a lot physical tools for sure. But I agree that he is the most hyped player to never play a regular season down possibly ever in Bills history. I need to see him one stay healthy and two play some regular season downs before I get too excited about the guy.

Can't blame you for not getting too excited. Cautious optimism is what I have on him, as well as Merriman. That's why those two are Person of Interest for me going into this new season.

i wouldnt call easley a rookie at all. mental reps are a huge benefit to any player, in fact studies show mental reps are literally almost as good as actual physical practice. all that time around nfl camps, meetings, and film sessions are invaluable to his development despite not playing a single down

nevertheless, he has not played a single down. and weve seen time and time again how camp/preseason work simply does not translate with any reliability into on field performance. he would need a simply monster pre-season while jones stumbles to have any chance at starting the opener. and even then its unlikely. id give hagen and his experience a much better chance at wresting the starting designation from jones in time for the opener than easley

so realistically easley is at this time just another scrub with a long hill to climb to establish himself in any manner until the games start for real. fortunately for him, the bills run so many multi-wr sets that he will get his regular season chances and its that performance that will determine if he can move his way up (or down)

I don't know how much attention you are paying to the fact that that man will be attending his 3rd training camp, gaining tremendous knowledge and confidence therein. Additionally, last year he had a couple, particularly one, pretty darned impressive pre-season game. It really seems that he is a gamer, Meatheat.

Throw in the fact that he is 6'2", comes in at about 220 lbs, regularly out muscles defenders, and oh yeah, runs the 40 in anywhere from 3.9 to 4.6, and we have a pretty darned impressive WR on our team. I only hope that nothing more unseen shows up to set him back again. If not I'm thinking worst case scenario for him is to spend most of this year getting re acclimated and then claim sole possession of #2 next year.

At this point, I'm not expecting anything out of him. BUT, I am definitely rooting for him. He's had a string of bad luck, and it sucks seeing that happen to people.

He got paid an NFL salary for 2 years without an ounce of wear on his body to show for it. Bad luck is relative. If he had been cut...bad luck. As it is seems to me he is the lucky one. Ask Kent Hull. Or anyone who works at the Olive Garden.

I don't know how much attention you are paying to the fact that that man will be attending his 3rd training camp, gaining tremendous knowledge and confidence therein. Additionally, last year he had a couple, particularly one, pretty darned impressive pre-season game. It really seems that he is a gamer, Meatheat.

Throw in the fact that he is 6'2", comes in at about 220 lbs, regularly out muscles defenders, and oh yeah, runs the 40 in anywhere from 3.9 to 4.6, and we have a pretty darned impressive WR on our team. I only hope that nothing more unseen shows up to set him back again. If not I'm thinking worst case scenario for him is to spend most of this year getting re acclimated and then claim sole possession of #2 next year.

Easley can run the 40 in 3.9????

OJ was an Olympian sprinter and couldn't run 3.9. Wow, I really want to see this guy on the field!!!

3.9-4.7 is a huge range of speed in the NFL, and he's yet to out muscle an NFL defender.

I hope he does great but at this point, I'd settle for him playing special teams.

When I first read the title of this thread I quickly glanced and thought it said : "Whitner Easley". My first thought was that the thread would speculate about Easley being let go and becoming an all pro just like Donte. I have to admit this is a possibility and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Whitner didn't "become" an All Pro. He played the same solid ball, and had a better defense around him which elevated his game.

OK so he was an all pro level with the Bills too. I get it. I just hope if Easley ends up being all pro or all pro level, the Bills don't let him walk like they did Donte.

Everyone understandably likes Easley because he certainly looks the part - he's plenty big and fast enough to play in the league. But predicting that a 4th round pick that has yet to play a down in two years is going to be an "elite" WR is quite a reach. Anyone who thinks that now, before even seeing him play a meaningful snap, is setting themselves up for disappointment. You can't ignore his injury and illness history. You can't disregard he was a one year wonder (don't we all hate those guys?) at a middling college program who walked on his first 3 years.

I know it's fun to be a shameless homer, but having some perspective isn't a bad thing.

Everyone understandably likes Easley because he certainly looks the part - he's plenty big and fast enough to play in the league. But predicting that a 4th round pick that has yet to play a down in two years is going to be an "elite" WR is quite a reach. Anyone who thinks that now, before even seeing him play a meaningful snap, is setting themselves up for disappointment. You can't ignore his injury and illness history. You can't disregard he was a one year wonder (don't we all hate those guys?) at a middling college program who walked on his first 3 years.

I know it's fun to be a shameless homer, but having some perspective isn't a bad thing.

My thoughts exactly. I would love it if he succeeds, but I would be more surprised if contributes than if he gets cut. Comments about regularly outmuscling defenders and his ability to bail out bad QB throws are just baffling to me. I think people are much more excited about him now than when he got drafted.